It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA admits the mysterious Planet Nine is real, but says ‘deadly’ Nibiru is a fraud

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow
Just putting this one out there: could Planet 9 (Plan 9 From Outer Space?) and or Nibiru be flat?

Seriously though, it just seems to me to be a bit sudden that science dudes are reporting this now. Was a lid smacked on this at NASA a while back for some reason and now we're being drip fed information?

I don't know if almost two years is "a bit sudden", but it was a little less than two years ago (January 2016) that Mike Brown and Konstantin Batygin first published their findings about how six kuiper belt objects seem to have orbits that suggest the existence of a planet-sized body out there -- an object that may have contributed to the similar eccentricities in the orbits of those six objects.

Since then, it has been a steady push for astronomers to find more circumstantial evidence for Planet Nine, or become the first to actually confirm the existence of Planet Nine through direct observation.

I'm not sure what information you are saying is being "drip fed".

edit on 17/10/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: MrCrow
Just putting this one out there: could Planet 9 (Plan 9 From Outer Space?) and or Nibiru be flat?

Seriously though, it just seems to me to be a bit sudden that science dudes are reporting this now. Was a lid smacked on this at NASA a while back for some reason and now we're being drip fed information?

I don't know if almost two years is "a bit sudden", but it was a little less than two years ago (January 2016) that Mike Brown and Konstantin Batygin first published their findings about how six kuiper belt objects seem to have orbits that suggest the existence of a planet-sized body out there -- a body that may have contributed to the similar eccentricities in the orbits of those six objects.

Since ten, it has been a steady push for astronomers to find more circumstantial evidence for Planet Nine, or become the first to actually confirm the existence of Planet Nine through direct observation.

I'm not sure what information you are saying is being "drip fed".

Yikes. Looks like its me thats late to the party! Please ignore my post!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I think it is likely some object passes and caused an electrical zap creating the great canyon on Mars and the Grand Canyon on earth among other things.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

i am still very skeptical about more planet claims, due to the fact a gas giant would be a bit obvious angaist an comet background

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MuonToGluon

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
How do they explain the changes mentioned here in all of the planets?

The Earth is being affected by a planet on the edge of the solar system?

Why are you posting that here?

No one making you watch it, I would assume many would be interested in knowing that something is affecting the whole system, all of the planets. Many are not convinced NASA is telling the whole story and "planet 9" may be much more than a planet on the edge of the solar system.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

How do they explain the changes mentioned here in all of the planets?

The Earth is being affected by a planet on the edge of the solar system?

Why are you posting that here?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Electric Universe.

This thread isn't for that, it'd be more interested in reading these theories if they were compiled into there own dedicated thread.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Electric Universe.

This thread isn't for that, it'd be more interested in reading these theories if they were compiled into there own dedicated thread.

NASA has finally admitted the existence of a “super-Earth”, which could fundamentally change the fate of the solar system.

It is on topic if there is a super-earth a planet is it moving toward us is it alone what happens to the rest of our solar system when it comes around.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

It isn't moving towards us, it's orbiting around us - like it has for several billions years.

You're integrating several conspiracy theories on different subjects on a thread about Planet nine.

Just thought it would of been better to combine all of your theories into one single thread and have a proper discussion there so not to make this one become undone.

*Shrugs*

But what do I know, it's not like it would be nice or anything (and polite) to read a proper thread with all the information of the theories in the first post instead of it being affixed randomly several posts through out a different titled thread in between official replies to the thread at hand.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Electric Universe.

NASA has finally admitted the existence of a “super-Earth”, which could fundamentally change the fate of the solar system.

It is on topic if there is a super-earth a planet is it moving toward us is it alone what happens to the rest of our solar system when it comes around.

In the OP's article (his link was broken, but here is the Fixed Link), it says that depending on the orbital characteristics and mass of Planet Nine, it could wreck havoc with the rest of the solar system in 7 Billion years.

However, it should be pointed out that the sun will most likely swell up sooner than that (in about 5 billion years) and incinerate Earth while swallowing Mercury and Venus. So the Sun will have already wrecked havoc with the solar system by ten. Therefore, what Planet Nine might do 2 Billion years after that is not very meaningful right now.

And if a planet (such as Nibiru) regularly moved through the inner solar system every 3600 years (as the myth of Nibiru says), the planetary orbits as we know them would not exist. Nibiru would have already wrecked havoc with the orbits...

...However, we don't see that. The orbits of the known planets are very regular and there is no indication that Nibiru perturbs them every 3600 years -- and it would be VERY noticeable if it did; 3600 years is wayyyyyy too short a time for the orbits of the planets to settle back in after being perturbed by something like the mythical Nibiru.

edit on 18/10/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Only 7 Billion Years? I can't wait!

It's going to be an awesome event to witness.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
So it's way bigger and further from the sun than us yet it's called "super earth"?? Why?? Doesn't sound anything like earth at all.

My guess is because it's a solid planet rather than a gas giant. Saying "super earth" makes it relatable in a way. They aren't going to say super Venus or super Mars.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
...and what makes you think that it is a "solid" planet, and not a gas giant?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This whole thing is painfully dragging on like the 'B' movie 'Plan 9 from outer space'

Or is Planet 9 an anagram for Plan_et_9 or "Plan 9 from ET" ?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mogget
...and what makes you think that it is a "solid" planet, and not a gas giant?

www.space.com...

This article explains the super earth concept. Basically the composition is similar to earth and it could potentially host life if in the habitable zone of the sun. Scientists have theorized that it is an ejected ice giant, similar to Neptune but with much less gas (small "envelope of gas, similar to earth). Prior to the discovery of planet 9, we had thought there were none of those in the solar system, they had only been observed in other systems.
edit on 10 19 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Update from early December 2017 from one of the Planet Nine researchers, Batygin [CalTech] (i.e. NOT a crackpot):

Planet Nine! An Update from Konstantin Batygin

Looks to be more real (computationally), but exact orbit and distance very hard to determine currently. Yet, if it was very close, it would be obvious (gravitationally) and very visible, as it has a mass of 1000x mass of Jupiter. The semimajor axis is 300-700AU, so it could be very, very, very far away indeed....

edit on 21-12-2017 by Pathaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Justoneman

Infotainment.

I hate that when I typed that into the text box, no little red squiggles appeared beneath it. Its an actual word now

And a damn fine album by British band Pitchshifter.

I thought when they used "Earth" in the description.of another planet it meant "Earth-like" if this is a frozen planet, how can it be a Super-earth? Is that just a description of size?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

I thought when they used "Earth" in the description.of another planet it meant "Earth-like" if this is a frozen planet, how can it be a Super-earth? Is that just a description of size?

Yes; specifically a rocky planet more massive than the Earth, but not large enough to become a gas giant like Neptune. Otherwise, it does not refer to conditions on the surface.

Hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pathaka
as it has a mass of 1000x mass of Jupiter.

Except it doesn't. Not even 1000x mass of Earth. It would probably be more like Neptune, which has 17x mass of Earth.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Super Earth only refers to its mass.

It says nothing of the chemical composition of the planet, or even what state (liquid, solid, gas) that matter is in. A Super Earth may be made up of rock and metals, or ice or gas. They might have oceans or atmospheres, but they might also be nothing but hydrogen and helium.

Its a nonsense term really, which to a layperson would seem to be deliberately obfuscatory.

Super Earth in this context only means that the planet concerned has a greater mass than Earth, but less than Neptune or Uranus. I, personally, believe that Intermediate Mass Planet would be a better term, because it eliminates the Earth relationship completely, focuses the reader on the terms "Intermediate" and "Mass" leading them to assume that the planet concerned is neither over big, nor stupendously small, and does not confuse the reader into making assumptions otherwise.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join