It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA admits the mysterious Planet Nine is real, but says ‘deadly’ Nibiru is a fraud

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

They had no choice but to disclose.Nibiru is incoming fast and due in 2021.Just as David Hamel and Gill Broussard predict.Dig in people.

If it was incoming and due in 2021, then it would have been discovered a LONG time ago. Stop wasting everyone's time with more BS about Nibiru. It does not exist.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Your link is broken.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Your link is broken.

Here's the fixed one

The article is quoted from The Sun, which is a rubbish tabloid a bit like Daily Mail.

The part about Planet Nine hurtling through the inner Solar System and causing havok is a garbled interpretation of what some astronomers from the University of Warwick theorised about the time when the Sun will be dying and how it will affect other planets. www.thesun.co.uk...
edit on 16-10-2017 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Yes it most certainly is a crappy tabloid.

I really wish that papers would just publish the dry facts, and leave the baseless speculation to the rest of us. It bodes ill for the species to be "informed" in such a slapdash manner, as these trash rags often involve themselves in.

With regard to the subject matter, the information provided in this article is not new. Disturbances in the paths of known objects out beyond the Kuiper belt have been observed for years, and this very site has covered actual scholarly articles which show that planet nine is not a joke, but a real thing, that we simply cannot directly image or observe, due to its current position in its orbit, being backlit by the arc of the Milky Way.

However, there is no evidence of any kind that Planet Nine is in any danger of causing us the remotest upset, either by way of its leaving an orbit it has likely occupied since the birth of this solar system, or by way of it hurling space junk at us, at a rate which is unusual in the slightest regard.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: wildespace

Yes it most certainly is a crappy tabloid.

I really wish that papers would just publish the dry facts, and leave the baseless speculation to the rest of us. It bodes ill for the species to be "informed" in such a slapdash manner, as these trash rags often involve themselves in.

True, Planet 9 has some 'splaining to do if it is going to be late again. How many times have they moved the date? SMH

We need a Tabloid style name for the CNN's who do theirs via waves rather than paper. Fake news is a bit untrue. News is or isn't so I vote "fake" = unrepentent lies. But a name for the CNN's and Fox when they do that is what we need Brit.

Back to Astronomy! We drift away from the OP.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Infotainment.

I hate that when I typed that into the text box, no little red squiggles appeared beneath it. Its an actual word now

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

There's nothing new about NASA's position on planet 9.

Yeah -- I was going to say that the phrase "NASA has finally admitted the existence of a “super-Earth" [Planet Nine]" is odd wording.

To "admit" something, they would have had to know of its existence while nobody else did, or actively denied the possibility of Planet Nine. However, that is not the case here.

When Mike Brown and Konstantin Batygin announced that their calculations of the eccentric orbits of some Kuiper Belt objects points to the existence of a planet-sized body in the outer solar system, NASA had no problem at all supporting that idea...

...What I'm saying is that NASA never denied the possibility that Brown and Batygin's findings meant that Planet None exists, and even joined in on the speculation that it may exist and also provided resources and data to people who were attempting to confirm its existence.

So since they never "denied" it, there was nothing to now "admit". It's a straw-man argument news article title.

Having said that, nobody has yet found Planet Nine, so even though calculations and observations make it seem likely it is there, the confirmation of Planet Nine is made difficult because it would be very dim (being so far away from the Sun and far away from us) and it is thought to be in a part of the sky that has large number of background stars that could obscure visual confirmation.

edit on 16/10/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yeah. But I think I'll need an advanced copy because I don't think I'll make it even just 50 more years before I check out.

And that's with modern tech and meds.

That leaves 6 billion and some change to try and get pre ordered before I can enjoy any of it.

Hey... don't sell technology short.

You can be frozen...

You can reincarnate...

You may even get your head in a tank ala Futurama style...

Never know.

As far as planet nine... I have always held an interest in astronomy and as long as I can remember (in my 50s now) there has always been talk of Planet X. Although back then Pluto was a full fledged panet so I always assumed the X in Planet X was the roman number 10.

Not Nibiru.
edit on 16-10-2017 by Terminal1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2017 by Terminal1 because: Several errors

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Deleted

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Was reading/watching stuff about this on friday and got me wondering why they can't find this mysterious planet? I'm thinking maybe the planet is black which would make it very difficult to spot in space.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
Yeah -- I was going to say that the phrase "NASA has finally admitted the existence of a “super-Earth" [Planet Nine]" is odd wording.

Not only that, it's completely wrong. A "super-Earth" is a rocky planet orbiting in a star's "Goldilocks Zone". While we don't know anything about Planet Nine's planetary type, it's a safe bet that it's an ice giant like Neptune, and it's certainly not in any star's "Goldilocks Zone."

I think whoever wrote the story saw that the planet was believed to be 10 times the size of Earth, had also heard the term "super-Earth" without really understanding it, and added apples and oranges together to make four.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: audubon

Except it isn’t comming into the inner solar system..

And if it were, it is almost a light year away.. and the planets orbit far slower the farther out in the solar system they are.

Neptune take 150 years to orbit.. so this planet would likely take another 400 years to get here if it was comming straight at us.

The timing of Nibiru is about 11,000 to 12,000 years for each pass according to the legends.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
How do they explain the changes mentioned here in all of the planets?

The Earth is being affected by a planet on the edge of the solar system?

Why are you posting that here?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

The timing of Nibiru is about 11,000 to 12,000 years for each pass according to the legends.

according to the "legends"?

Which legends might they be?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
neither are real
seriously how has an big freaking planet somehow managed to stay undetected for so much time?!

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlackDog

originally posted by: one4all
They had no choice but to disclose.Nibiru is incoming fast and due in 2021.Just as David Hamel and Gill Broussard predict.Dig in people.

So Gill's now saying 2021? I guess failing 2 years in a row isn't enough for him.

The outside window on Gills program is 2021......watch the movie 2012 and you will see an example of a Vlar Global Continental Displacement Wave which is what Nibiru will catalyse the same influence which catalysed Noahs Vlar GCDW induced flood.

Gill hasnt failed yet and I wish he would.....Gill put in sweat equity when Hamel and many others were simply led to the data by people with fore-knowledge.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
neither are real
seriously how has an big freaking planet somehow managed to stay undetected for so much time?!

Planet Nine (not Nibiru) could be real and remain undetected because it is so far away, which would mean it would be very dim -- Dim not only because it is far from us, but dim because it would be so far from the sun that it would receive only a small fraction of the sunlight that hits Earth.

The calculated orbit of Planet Nine (calculated by Mike Brown, Konstinin Batygin, and others from the orbits of known Kuiper belt objects) takes it through a part of the sky that has the milky way (the densest part of our galaxy) as a backdrop. so that makes it even more difficult to find (separating the planet from the background "noise").

So if Planet nine were out there, and out there in a part of the sky with a less visually noisy background to see it against, it might had been found already. However, it is very possible that is not the case, and it his reaming hidden among the background.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Vlar Global Continental Displacement Wave .... Noahs Vlar GCDW induced flood.

*Blink*

What the f**k BS did I just read...?!

*Blink*

The Vlar part...that doesn't happen to be named after a member here, is it?
edit on 17-10-2017 by MuonToGluon because: Added + Fixed

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

I believe the 2nd entry in the urban dictionary was the origin....sounds like a coincidence to me.There are a lot of Vlars out there right?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I am reasonably confident that Planet Nine exists. I am also inclined to believe that it is the "missing fifth giant planet" that so many simulations of the early days of the Solar System seem to indicate should have been present. It was probably gravitationally accelerated into the outer Solar System after an encounter with Jupiter or Saturn, and then subsequently had its perihelion raised to well outside the orbit of Neptune by gravitational perturbations from passing stars.

I also agree that the term "super Earth" for Planet Nine is misleading, as it will almost certainly be a gas giant very similar to Uranus and Neptune.
edit on 17-10-2017 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join