It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't You Wish We Could Exchange Halloween Cards?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Seriously, why isn't this a thing? I paint a few and send them via RedditGifts and to family. Does anyone else exchange Halloween cards?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

When you say "we", do you mean ATS? If so, you can post on your friends' walls.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I've never looked into the whole "friends" and walls thing!

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Nice card!

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Thanks! I definitely took the idea from a google image search!

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Halloween is my favorite holiday and believe exchanging cards would be very cool! except i have no one left to exchange them with! well maybe ill send one to myself

oh yes that is a very wonderful card!
edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: added wotds

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TimHeller

I'd send you one, but I think it violates T&Cs.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

i like vintage halloween greeting cards

but self-made cards are always the best.

but, unfortunately, if i would send halloween greeting cards to my friends and family i would only ruin my good reputation even further. though i sent a halloween gift to my young relative and i earned a respectful 'that's cool, you draw well'

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

Swooon. Vintage Halloween items are a favourite of mine as well.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

If anyone from Hallmark hears about this, I am going to have to buy Halloween cards for all my friends, family and neighbors.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Ugh. Overpriced mugs and calendars too! The bastards.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Have you ever checked your wall? You should check your wall.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Seriously, why isn't this a thing? I paint a few and send them via RedditGifts and to family. Does anyone else exchange Halloween cards?

Beautiful card ! It reminded me of the best halloween window display I've ever seen while taking my kids trick or treating. There was a hanging globe light in the corner of the living room , quite large, and a pale orange, giving off an orange hue to the room. There was a black cat arching on the living room ledge in front of the window as we walked up, and the effect was really dramatic.

I told her " best decoration" when she opened the door, and she laughed and said she has no decorations. The round hanging globe lamp is always that colour , and her cat loves hanging by the window. She had to come outside to see the effect the two had in that large picture window. Reminds me a bit of your card.

Cool artwork , by the way ,and I think anyone can send cards for whatever reason or season if they really want to ... just don't expect them in return.😉
edit on 15-10-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Boo.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have awesome ideas for Halloween cards:

"Happy Halloween! I hope you aren't horribly murdered..."

"This Halloween season, may your poltergeists be benevolent..."

"May your zombie experience be fruitful, and may your head-shots be accurate!"

I'd like to see a card with a pop-up voodoo doll that can be customized with included stickers pack and hat-pins...

Kids cards could be fun as well:

"It's time for trick-or-treating; hope you make it home alive!"

"When the dead arise this All-Hallows Eve, remember that we have your house keys..."

"May your eggs fly true, may your toilet paper arc with ease, and may your flaming bags of dog poo be properly stamped out... mom and dad
"

"Mommy and daddy lied... the monster under your bed is very real... and is hungry! Happy Halloween!

I could go on...

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Have you ever checked your wall? You should check your wall.

Aren't they just building prototypes now?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

LOL
I like this one!

]

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Oh, no no no no no no..
While I have no issue with people deciding to send cards to others on a whim, we do NOT need another gift-giving commercialized holiday. Halloween already does it's part for the economy with overpriced costume/makeup/candy sales.

Also, nice work!

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

I love that card, it's great. Are there more where that came from? If they were on sale, I'd buy them in a heartbeat (someone could make a killing on Etsy, here).

The other vintage greetings card I'd like to see revived is the "Vinegar Valentine" - basically a snotty and insulting card, delivering a crushing personal put-down to someone who is trying to get noticed but who you are not at all interested in. The Victorians were mad on them for some reason. They'd probably get you arrested these days!

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: audubon

hahahaha, yeah, the low-life mob were cruel and envious in the 18th century. you would not have liked to be subject of their caricature nor their libelles with their sneaky, snarky, subversive power.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join