It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honors student outs herself as Athiest, kisses her honors good bye

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I'm sure there is different ways to look at progressive, but I would say our education system is very politically slanted...

Oh yeah. Seems like politics have seeped into almost everything now. But certainly in education for a while now but currently it's even got some stank put on it with a dash of chili sauce.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I wonder if Fethullah Gülen and his covert actors might be involved in this ? His plan is 5th column ...

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

How is this political on its face? Sure, we're dragging it down that path. But it really has to do with a school supposedly getting out of line with religious endorsement. That is less politics and more flat out law.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Not sure who that person is off hand but the 5th column sounds familiar if I'm thinking of the right thing. I'll look into that. So maybe.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Here is his Wiki page en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Oh ok. Well maybe I am thinking of something else then.

I don't think it's involved but it might be somewhere. You know how money and power can often join in odd ways like that.

But I was thinking more about the new Dominionism movement happening here which has been reborn and remodeled recently and is making some big plans for the US.

I don't think it has ties to Turkey or that guy so 5th column isn't what I was thinking of after all. It has some other similar kind of label though.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OrdoAdChao

How do you figure?,looks like a one sided story,with very little facts and tons of speculation,I doubt this happened,might be her side of story

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The actual suit that was filed. I skimmed through it and if they can prove the accusations, that school's admin and faculty should be vetted on their basic understanding of the first amendment and how it applies to their positions.
edit on 16-10-2017 by OrdoAdChao because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Obviously she got the attention she was after...

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Was it a religious school...? It hasn't been cool to be religious in a long time. Im pretty sure religious kids have a tougher time these days.. Some backwater twilight zone pocket in the deep south where segregation is still practiced?
edit on 17-10-2017 by BigBangWasAnEcho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
A Reply to Cynicalheathen:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you are not a teacher. I certainly hope that you are not. I will break this down for you: messing with a student's grade is fraud. The reason for it does not matter. Public or private, it does not matter. Altering a permanent academic record for any reason other than to fix an error is illegal in every state. This has nothing to do with the 1st amendment. It has to do with academic fraud.
edit on 17-10-2017 by MisterMcKill because: I messed up lol

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Obviously she got the attention she was after...

I seriously doubt that this is the kind of attention she'd be looking for.

Losing her Honor's Status and extra merits for college isn't going to help her any.

Hell, the extra attention also won't help her if she's lying either because it will just increase the chance of her being exposed.

So no. I don't see any reasonable or logical theory which would explain your statement other than if her claim is exactly what she says it is.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If it's a public school, they can't do that.

Of course, it has yet to be proven that it all fell out exactly as she stated for the reasons she stated. Maybe if Delta is a tiny little school in the back of beyond ... but in most school districts, I have a hard time thinking they would do all this just because she's an atheist any more than they would if she outed herself as some brand of evangelical or a Muslim.

Now in a private religious school I could see it causing problems, generally the students in high school are expected to be serious in their faith to some degree in some schools, and if she was in one of those, to have outed herself as a closeted atheist would be a violation of the school's policies and a lie. Generally a school like that would have a very dim view of that sort of dishonesty, too.

A person can lose faith. Sure they can screw with the grades. But retroactively? No school should be allowed to do that without valid reason ( say fraudulent work).

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBangWasAnEcho
Was it a religious school...? It hasn't been cool to be religious in a long time. Im pretty sure religious kids have a tougher time these days.. Some backwater twilight zone pocket in the deep south where segregation is still practiced?

No, it was an ordinary Public School. Already covered earlier in the thread. They even have it on their website that they don't discriminate against Race, Religion, etc....

That's where the issue is and why she's suing them for it. If it was a Religious school this wouldn't even be in the news as she'd probably have no legal ground to support herself with.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

It is not against to law to pray at school. Prayer organized by the faculty is illegal. Big difference.

There is probably more to the story....However if the girl is being truthful, WTF?

I hope she kept copies of assignments and tests from before and after.

Also this happened in Colarado....not the demogeaphic I would expect for this to happen.
edit on 17-10-2017 by jrod because: Add

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

This is 100% plain wrong. It shouldn't matter how this girl practiced her faith. And I do see Atheism as a faith. I can not prove the God of my faith any more than anyone can prove God does not exist. You would think that in a land that got it's first European inhabitants due to religious persecution would not be so inclined to persecute a young girl because they didn't like her flavor of faith. But it happens every day here in everywhere else on the planet.
It was things like this that took me away form organized religion as a whole years ago. I do have my faith in God and after researching pretty much every flavor of dogma on the4 planet I come to the conclusion that no one has the whole story. and most probably if you could piece it all together we as humans could find the truth. But we cannot. WE being human are flawed creatures. Our tiny little brains are not enough to process the actual truth. So no church for me. I talk to my God as I believe I should. I look at so many religions and see that at their core is love. I try to remember that. And while I might not agree with how another practices their faith I am not the one that has a say in how they do it. I'll work on removing the splinter for my own eye before I try to remove the board form another. People would do well to think about things lie that before they go off ruining peoples lives or ending them all together because their god is better than someone else's.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
What the heck is wrong with people? This is basically a hate crime. If she were Muslim or Jewish or something it would be all over the news and people would be instantly fired. But because she's atheist her beliefs or lack of makes her a lesser? Why can't people stop being so selfish and just be decent?
edit on 17-10-2017 by StormAutumn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Dude that part of colorado is the evangelical christian fortress!

Hence the stories of the evangelicals terrorizing cadets who won't go along with their stupid little cult!

Also take a look at the addresses of greater than 5000 seat evangelical "megachurches" sometime... Colorado is lousy with the lousy self righteous f***s

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: StormAutumn

In a way you're right. That's one of the drawbacks of having protected groups that is a natural counter effect to the whole purpose of protected groups in the first place.

Once you start defining groups you pretty much have to then define all groups and all possible groups or somebody is going to be left with their ass hanging in the wind without protection.

We have Religious Protection but being that Atheism isn't a Religion it leaves only those who claim some recognized religion as being protected. Nobody really saw that one coming I guess. Just one of those unintended results that came from the good intentions of something else.

As an Atheist I find that to be an issue myself. Not sure how to actually solve it either without causing other possible problems trying to fix it either. But I agree it's not cool that it's like that. Currently not enough people even notice or care about it to do too much about it either. Maybe in time that will change.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I don't buy it. I think she's just a poor student and needs to spend less time running her mouth and more time studying.

She's probably faking.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join