It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honors student outs herself as Athiest, kisses her honors good bye

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
WTF are you all arguing sperm and women's brains? What has that to do with the original topic and OP?

Serious question.

Blame TinfoilTP. And I'll let you speculate what TP stands for.

edit on 10/15/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I tried but failed to debunk this. I mean, the debunk is real, but nobody wants to accept it.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: cynicalheathen

It's a public school.

From their site.

Delta High School - 1400 Pioneer Road, Delta CO 81416 | 970-874-8031

Delta County School District does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates. For more information please view our nondiscrimination policy.

It makes no sense that they would go against their own ethics like that. There is more to the story I’m sure.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

WTF are you all arguing sperm and women's brains? What has that to do with the original topic and OP?

Serious question.

I know *how* it started, I'm just not sure why it's continuing.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Serious question.

I know *how* it started, I'm just not sure why it's continuing.

Maybe because it's funny. It's a strange theory to be sure. Deserves a thread of it's own.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Deserves a thread of it's own.

Yes, it does.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Serious question.

LOL.

It branched off the main topic and has just been a sort of amusing side topic.

But it makes for a good example of what this OP is about though. It's the kind of bad idea which takes hold when we allow Beliefs to mix with Facts. You end up having people walking around with a tainted body of knowledge which they live by and make decisions by that can lead us in the wrong direction overall.

For now it's just kinda keeping us amused to some degree. But it's still applies here if you see how it first came up and why. Otherwise, ya, it probably seems like we're way off topic with it.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I would like to believe this as well. However, it seems like the school nor district has attempted to rectify the situation for a year+.

I don't know what that means, but in my mind, it could be a delay for digging, a delay for firing (get rid of the most guilty), or a delay for forgetfulness. I doubt it is the last. Pretty sure it is the first. The second will reveal itself before trial if anyone remembers this burp in our rights.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It makes no sense that they would go against their own ethics like that.

And yet people believed and complained about teachers doing something like that such as using Trump as a classroom discussion or in tests.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It makes no sense that they would go against their own ethics like that. There is more to the story I’m sure.

You would think so. But there are other influences that are probably involved. Also, just having that as your mission statement or policy doesn't mean it's really being applied or followed either. It's just a formality and some words you have to put up to comply with what your supposed to be saying.

I also don't know if this woman teaching the sex ed was an outside person brought in or if she's there all the time. She seems to be an outside party they bought as part of the sex ed thing. But the other teachers or whatever that are in the school would also have to be part of it to effect grades I would think. Not just a single teacher would have control over a student I don't think.

It sounds like various school admins/teachers/etc. within the school or perhaps even the larger educational system might be trying to sort of redo or change the overall way education is being done. That's the only thing that would make sense. Otherwise, like you, I don't see how this kind of thing could even happen without it being noticed real quick and stopped.

There is a very powerful movement right now by the Religious Right and such groups to insert Religion back into public schools though. It's happening all over. Some of which is way more obvious and without being stopped. It's being done in very sneaky ways too. It has to be actually because this stuff was already settled legally a while back. But with enough lawyers and money and propaganda, etc. we can undo what others have done legally obviously. It's all been made up by us so it can all be changed by us as well.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Aazadan

My experience in attending a catholic school, was that they expected me

Please tell me how attending a catholic school is relevant to this discussion about a public school.

It's not, I was just commenting to that poster on religious schools since it was brought up.

This school in question is a public school, which has different rules.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Religion belongs in schools as much as history does. It is a point of learning and discussion. It can exist in public education if people would bother to educate their own that it is a point of discussion and learning. Faith comes after, not during.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OrdoAdChao

As a general topic or whatever sure. I mean Religion is a part of our History. It's been part of our culture in all kinds of ways in all of it's forms. It really can't be avoided in that sense. I mean how could you even teach History without including the influence of Different Religions?? It would be impossible.

But that's different than Teaching Religion. Because that is actually teaching a Belief system. Which is totally something else. Especially when there are parts which are in direct conflict with other things your teaching or even other belief systems. Because you can't teach all the different "ideas" as being true if they conflict at the same time. That wouldn't make sense and I don't even know how the hell that would work anyway.

You can learn about Religious ideas in a couple ways. I don't know if there is a word for it to state the difference but one way is to just study it over all without believing of it or taking those as your personal beliefs and teaching it as your own belief system that you follow. Does that make sense??

I mean even I love the study of Religion. Different ones from different times and all of it. Even though I obviously don't believe them or follow them personally. Some might even get the idea that I am anti-Religion. But that's not true at all. I find it very interesting for various reasons. But without actually being a believer of them.

It's a strange thing to try and explain actually.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I vote for your thread to be one of the strangest ATS threads ever.

On that note, maybe you can help. Do deaf Aliens hear the sperm drilling into their brains?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I vote for your thread to be one of the strangest ATS threads ever.

On that note, maybe you can help. Do deaf Aliens hear the sperm drilling into their brains?

Not sure. But people being probed by greys certainly do hear the drilling.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

You would think so. But there are other influences that are probably involved. Also, just having that as your mission statement or policy doesn't mean it's really being applied or followed either. It's just a formality and some words you have to put up to comply with what your supposed to be saying.
One person that came to my mind was Staff, Board, and Advisory Council: Dr. Peter H. Gleick who at the time had a forged document referring to the Climate debate He was in charge of the ethics dept at the time I think . Its a long and somewhat convoluted story which some of these stories tend to be . pacinst.org... Its usually a open and shut case for some and a long drawn out case for others depending on personal biases or if you have any irons in the fire .

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

haha...thanks

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Have you taken in any of Jordan Petersons lectures on Religious beliefs ? I find them pretty good . He looks at it from a evolutionary perspective .

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Right. I mean it would have to involve other people which are also covertly changing the established methods to even happen. Or at least be sympathetic to others changing the rules anyway.

Because this stuff has already had it's time in court and been ruled on and applied. I mean in my public school years ago here, and this is a very Religious and Conservative part of Cali too, Public schools and the teachers were very clear about stuff like this when it did come up. If it came up during a class discussion in the sense that it was being referenced historically or whatever it was just another bit of information included.

But if it was brought up as in, Christianity teaches "such n such" so what you just said about (some topic) isn't true because God said so in the bible. Or something like that. They would just say, I'm not going to get into that type of conversation because by law I'm not allowed to do so. As a Educator I'm not allowed to promote or challenge others Religious Beliefs like that.

Which makes sense because they teach without any personal or systems of Belief included. They're there to give you the facts about stuff in an objective way, or as close as possible. As an authority as well they are in a position of power too and would have unfair influence when discussing topics where Beliefs need to be respected. But it was all in the open and I understood why it was that way, as it should be. Doesn't mean they didn't have opinions or a set of beliefs, they just weren't allowed to go there in that setting. Such discussions would have to be private or obviously withing a Church or whatever. But not on campus.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

no silly, aliens have marshmellow brains, everyone knows that sperms don't have a sweet tooth!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join