It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My top 4 underrated games. What's your list?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Heavy Rain was outstanding!! Very good game.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I definitely agree about Wasteland 2 and Divinity. Though Divinity is arguable because Original Sin won PC game of the year award, but nonetheless, yeah, Divinity doesn't get the attention it should.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Yeah, Final Fantasy gets mentioned in any extended conversation about rpgs. I haven't played, despite being a huge rpg guy, 90% of the games I play are rpgs, very many Final Fantasy games though. I played FF XIII,XIV online and XV... Really enjoyed XIV and XV, didn't play enough of XIII to form an opinion.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton
Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth 2 - I really enjoyed this game back in the day. I went back to find it recently and it is retailing for nearly $200!

imo, one of the best RTS's ever made, and it holds up over time (playing it now is just as entertaining as at release). You simply pirate it and jump on one of the hosted servers and voila..glory days.

My list for underrated games would be:
Vampire, The Masquerade (both 1 and 2) - Great storytelling, decent enough engine, great ambiance.

Fort Zombie - A little gem that went unnoticed, basically it is a early version of State of Decay

The Guild 2: Renaissance - The sims mixed with government, murder, intrigue, war, etc...amazing time sink

Kerbal Space Program - Alas, it will never be super mainstream due to the science involved, but a fantastic game of building your own spaceships and launching kerbals into space to colonize different worlds (by colonize, I mean fail to consider the fuel requirements getting back to your planet so stranding them on a cold, alien world.)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

I definitely agree about Wasteland 2 and Divinity. Though Divinity is arguable because Original Sin won PC game of the year award, but nonetheless, yeah, Divinity doesn't get the attention it should.

I should have qualified that statement further
But you just proved my point . Everyone thinks Divinity Original Sin.
Divinity 2 Ego Draconis
Wonderful game

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Wargame : Red Dragon

P.T.O. II or IV (Pacific Theater of Operations) (both are good)

Star Wars Empire at War + Forces of Corruption + mods

Company of Heroes + mods

my list is longer but this is OK for now...
edit on 10/12/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Oh yeah, gotta add this one for sure -

ARMA Armed Assault + mods
and
ARMA III + mods

(and by extension it's originator game Operations Flashpoint + Resistance Expansion)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I played a little bit of it on the 360.... Never finished it. I can't remember exactly why not. I think I had to move and sold it with a bunch of other games for extra money if I remember correctly.
edit on 12-10-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I have heard of it, but haven't played it.

I would advise it. 3rd person action style RPG (like Kingdoms)
And...
Wait for it
You can become a dragon.....

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I have heard of it, but haven't played it.

I would advise it. 3rd person action style RPG (like Kingdoms)
And...
Wait for it
You can become a dragon.....
Yeah, on second thought, I had it at one point. See my revised post. Draconis
edit on 12-10-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I wish I had time to sit down and really get into a game.

I haven't played any solid proper PC games in a very long time, years!
I ditched my console stuff in the late 1990s and went over to PC.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
My first actual PC games that I got into were:

Age of Empires I and II
Civilization Call to Power I and II
Jane's Fighters Anthology
Jane's Fleet Command
Unreal Tournament + mods
Diablo II

then after that I tried tons of stuff,
a lot of Rainbow Six titles
GTA III and IV
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Soldier of Fortune II
Battlefield 1942
Warcraft III / Starcraft and World of Warcraft
MOO III and Sins of a Solar Empire
my favorite racing game was Test Drive Unlimited (though I liked Need 4 Speed stuff too)
etc etc etc lol

All of those were great games way way back in the day.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
1. If you are a contra fan of old.., how about a gem called Hard Corps Uprising? It is a cannon Contra game with a different name highly underated and crazy fun. I like Hardcorps mode with Sayuri basically it is playing contra with a sword and not a gun.

2. Coming home... this game is in its own category I don't want to say much about it other then it is like myst with a twist of the board game clue in a sense. The story is read like a book, exploration like myst, and creepy being alone at home. It is like clue in a way with the home layout and traversing things looking at pieces.

3. Mega man X Street Fighter... Highly under rated game approved by capcom and made by fans. It is free to download and everyone should have screamed to the top of their lungs when it was released years and years ago to capcom this is what we wanted, instead we get mighty No. 9

4. Xmen Children of the Atom, this is an awesome fighting arcade game the early PC ports were awesome back in the windows 98 day but playing the arcade cabbie this game was effin awesome and is highly underrated, FFS you can play as OMEGA F**KING RED if your an uncanny xmen fan this should excite you

my 2 cents

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth 2 - I really enjoyed this game back in the day. I went back to find it recently and it is retailing for nearly $200!

Vampire, The Masquerade (both 1 and 2) - Great storytelling, decent enough engine, great ambiance.

)
Since you mentioned this game, I have to ask, do you plan to play Vampyr when it's released? I sure do. Vampyr

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Some of the games I love were online only. The probably don't exist anymore or in the form I loved.

Kingdom Hearts. Some people love it. Others don't, I do.

Hunter: The Reckoning. No new version is a decade. Loved the shared screen multiplayer

Dark Cloud. Released for gamecube. I feel like the game was a little ahead of it's time. Maybe just my experience with game selection and preference.

hm... got me thinking now.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

)
Since you mentioned this game, I have to ask, do you plan to play Vampyr when it's released? I sure do. Vampyr

Looks good, Yeah, most likely. Will wait for more info though as that trailer didn't really show me much of anything.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Fear?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
M1 TANK PLATOON 2... still plays on 7 ! amazing

METRO 2033 REDUX + LAST LIGHT REDUX

CRYSIS 3

ALIENS VS PREDATOR (Original)

GTA 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9>>>>>>>

SIMCITY 2000 (Original)

SILENT HUNTER 3

DUNE

Here is one from the Amiga VIC20 way back.... NO SECOND PRIZE.... motorcycle racing... Awesome !

I could go on, but i already look like a dinosaur ... yes i am old

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth
Clash At Demonhead - NES
Non-linear, side-scrolling, a caped skeleton named Tom Guycott and a really bad translation... what's not to love?

All The Chzo Mythos Games - PC
Increasingly Lovecraftian adventure games. This whole series needs more attention, absolutely great. There are a few games in the series but they're all fairly short and tell one arching story so, sorry if this counts as cheating. I consider it as one thing.

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream - PC
Amazing short-story, good game. Maybe not underrated but none of my gamer friends knew it even existed.

Master of Monsters - Genesis
Hex-based, turn-based strategy with upgradable units. Like the more modern Battle For Wesnoth.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
1. Two Worlds
Huge open world RPG. Graphics weren't the best but the story line was really good.

2. Divinity II: Ego Draconis
Not as open world as Two Worlds but it was still great. Story has me hooked from start to finish. It was a bit challenging at times. One of those games where you if you encounter an NPC that was your level or higher, you ran. FAR far away.

3. Risen
Another great open world RPG. Risen 2 and 3 were okay, but didn't have the grasp on me that the first one did.

4. Kameo: Elements of Power
Super fun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join