It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Option, How Will It Happen?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
There are several existing threads about war with the DPRK but few of them address how the US will exercise its military option.

Two thoughts to bear in mind regarding North Korea. The PRC and the Russian Federation are not going to retaliate against the US and its allies for a preemptive strike against the DPRK. The situation does not threaten their national interests unless we intend to occupy the DPRK. Our goal is to get rid of North Korea's nuclear weapons for good with zero chance of them returning.

Given those thoughts and the ability of the DPRK to inflict heavy causalities then the question arises how do you get the DPRK to agree to hand over their nuclear weapons and tear down their nuclear infrastructure?

I think the answer is in President Trump's mind and has been provided by a Pentagon think tank. You blow up Kim Jong Un and most of his general staff with a single preemptive nuclear strike. You then demand the DPRK cease all offensive military actions or face immediate total nuclear annihilation and you mean it.

Feel free to disagree but the idea is not mine but is quietly making the rounds in the intelligence community and military planners. Their feelings are pretty much the same and it's you'll get away it and it will serve as a clear warning to Iran about its future actions. My best,

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
it would set a terrible precedent, destroy our standing in the international community, and make diplomatic negotation that much harder in the future. bad, bad idea. i refuse to believe this is being seriously considered by the actual intelligence community or top military brass. trump in his bathtub playing with army man toys? i could buy that.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: airforce47

Yes, but their is a possibly a better option.

A lower level military coup.

You find military personal in the "right" locations where these command staff are.

Offer them millions upon millions of $ to them and their families to take them out.

Find a nice Colonel that wants to be the man.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
they need to strike their ammo depots and launch site first to render them helpless. and it needs to happen before they strike. im not sure if they are waiting for nk to strike first or what.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You blow up Kim Jong Un and most of his general staff with a single preemptive nuclear strike. You then demand the DPRK cease all offensive military actions or face immediate total nuclear annihilation and you mean it.

That sounds like a terrible idea!!!

You guys use nukes on anybody, and you can count on losing a LOT of support!
It would affect the entire world, using nukes is a crime against ALL humanity!!
If the USA where to use nukes, i hope and think the rest of the world will impose those same sanctions North Korea are facing, on the states, it is an act of war against humanity to do such a thing!!

If you really think that killing thousands of innocent people, and destroying our earth is a good thing, you should go see a doctor immediately, then you are a very very sick individual...!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

There are several existing threads about war with the DPRK but few of them address how the US will exercise its military option.

First off they will saturate the MSM and Social Media with anti Korean rhetoric until everyone is conditioned to the idea of war. Carpet bombing peoples minds, first. How many threads are we up to about Korea?

Then, ratchet up the war Exercises off the Korean Coast and along the border, ongoing. Until one day, the 'Exercises' become real.

Then the US media war machine will lie their ass off, blaming the Koreans for why their country was invaded.

If we have any doubts about this 'Multi Phase Operation, look back at every other country that suffered the same fate.

edit on 8-10-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I think that have been tried once and that didn't worked out. The last guy that tried was executed by anti aircraft gun.

Besides there is a possibility that Kim himself isn't the real leader of North Korea. I read an article yesterday about how the richest men in North Korea isn't Fat Boy but another group of men.
edit on 10/8/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You blow up Kim Jong Un and most of his general staff with a single preemptive nuclear strike.

Really ?

Feel free to disagree but the idea is not mine but is quietly making the rounds in the intelligence community and military planners.

I do disagree and sincerely hope you're wrong , if that were the case then the lunatics have truly taken over the asylum.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

That doesn't matter much.

When you weigh up the cult following for Kim's family, all the money in the world couldn't stop that influence. The US can't stop that influence.

Anyone and I mean anyone who touches Kim will have a full nation of pissed off individuals that are brainwashed wanting blood, their blood.

I suppose it could be spun, if an assassination occurred. But they won't get the DPRK.

As for a US invasion of North Korea, utilising nuclear weapons or not, it's not the choice of the US. South Korea has the final say, Japan has more say than the US.

If the US uses nuclear weapons in any scenario other than retaliation, you will see the fall of the petro-dollar, the loss of US hegemony and quite possibly a US revolution and occupation.

Don't think that's possible?

The world probably thinks a rogue US is impossible too.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
There's no way the preemptive use of nuclear weapons by the USA is acceptable. It would make the US a rogue state even in the eyes of its allies. Not even Hollywood could polish that turd.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I wish I was wrong but if you've watched President Trump since he started his run to the White House he jawed, faked, criticized, avoided and dodged most of the more honest people who have spoken against him or his issues. He won the election and has taken direct routes to his objectives including crossing party lines when it suits his interests.

The intelligence community is right about the danger the DPRK would pose with a complete nuclear weapons delivery system. Trump is right about having the situation kicked down the road to him and he will now have to decide his next action.

I think the key point will come if the US and its allies warn the world of impending war with North Korea. They will notify all nations that their citizens, ships, planes and diplomatic personnel must immediately leave the DPRK. If that happens then war is really imminent. Kim's best chance for staying alive is stay within heavily populated areas where it's highly unlikely a nuclear strike would be made.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

First, carpet bomb the artillery north of Soul, then precision missile, smart bomb strikes against large military targets, weapon storage ect. Quickly follow that with a invasion by the South Korean troops only, with US forces in reserve. Without us white devils up there, they might surrender for a cheeseburger.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
War with Kimmie would be a tough sell I would think. That nation is thoroughly brainwashed and really do believe in him and more importantly their way of life.

We would ruin any political capital we have in the region slaughtering a much weaker opponent.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Just wait them out. Most of NK trade is with China and even they have grown tired of Lil Kimmy's antics. They do Not want U.S. forces at their back door, so I would say, they are keeping a closer eye on him than we are.
Like the spoiled little brat he is, I'm betting he can soon expect that slap to the back of the head that tells him "Knock it off". Or it may be 3 "slaps" to the back of the head if he really pisses them off.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

First off they will saturate the MSM and Social Media with anti Korean rhetoric until everyone is conditioned to the idea of war. Carpet bombing peoples minds, first. How many threads are we up to about Korea?

Then, ratchet up the war Exercises off the Korean Coast and along the border, ongoing. Until one day, the 'Exercises' become real.

Then the US media war machine will lie their ass off, blaming the Koreans for why their country was invaded.

If we have any doubts about this 'Multi Phase Operation, look back at every other country that suffered the same fate.

Not just anti-Korean rhetoric (North) but anything remotely communist or alt-left. Almost to the point that to be left-leaning is considered dangerous and unpatriotic.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
it would set a terrible precedent, destroy our standing in the international community, and make diplomatic negotation that much harder in the future. bad, bad idea. i refuse to believe this is being seriously considered by the actual intelligence community or top military brass. trump in his bathtub playing with army man toys? i could buy that.

We are already well on the way to destroying our standing and status in the international community. Maybe we can regain it, but it's gonna take time.

If we perform any sort of pre-emptive strike or conduct any primary offensive actions, we'll likely lose international support...and we will be proving DPRK's thread that the USA is an invader, and a hotheaded country. After the strike, all Un has to do is use it for anti-west propoganda...and it will be effective.

If anything happens, it will have to be a retaliation for an attack by them.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Sounds like a way to guarantee future nuclear terrorism toward the US.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: airforce47 Let me get this straight.... We nuke them so they stop making nukes??? Seems logical

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
War with Kimmie would be a tough sell I would think. That nation is thoroughly brainwashed and really do believe in him and more importantly their way of life.

We would ruin any political capital we have in the region slaughtering a much weaker opponent.
STAR...

Brainwashed..... you might say that on a Nationalistic level. On a personal level, I'm sure most know the score, and most know what to say, when to say and more importantly when to cry or clap on que. I'd say over half do not believe the Party dialogue but rather how to navigate within it to stay out of Kim's sights and not in anti aircraft gun sights.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
the only way we get a free strike back is if NK detonated a Nuke in the pacific ocean like he has threatened to do. Japan would want blood for him messing with the fishing in the pacific.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join