It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Option, How Will It Happen?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: airforce47

There are several existing threads about war with the DPRK but few of them address how the US will exercise its military option.

First off they will saturate the MSM and Social Media with anti Korean rhetoric until everyone is conditioned to the idea of war. Carpet bombing peoples minds, first. How many threads are we up to about Korea?

Then, ratchet up the war Exercises off the Korean Coast and along the border, ongoing. Until one day, the 'Exercises' become real.

Then the US media war machine will lie their ass off, blaming the Koreans for why their country was invaded.

If we have any doubts about this 'Multi Phase Operation, look back at every other country that suffered the same fate.

Not just anti-Korean rhetoric (North) but anything remotely communist or alt-left. Almost to the point that to be left-leaning is considered dangerous and unpatriotic.

Those name callers are a danger to themselves more than anything. They bring down nations by dividing people, labeling them as the enemy, starting wars over nothing but ideology: an ideology of hate, beginning with name calling; Commies, Muslims, low life, scum, whatever...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I do disagree and sincerely hope you're wrong , if that were the case then the lunatics have truly taken over the asylum.

You know its coming. Not a weapons system developed that hasn't been used, eventually. We pretend , we're in denial. The people spending trillions developing an testing these things aren't.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Even if the US wins a new Korean war, we lose. We'll lose SE Asia entirely to China because nobody will trust us anymore.

Why would there be a new Korean war? Because the US won't tolerate the risk of being hit by a North Korean missile. SK and Japan live with this risk already, so why can't we? How are they supposed to feel about that different standard?

So in the 'good' scenario of a new Korean war, maybe 2 million people die, mostly in Korea, and WWIII does not happen as a result. What then? A newly united Korea asks the US to leave permanently. Japan asks the US to leave permanently and gets their own truly independent military back. To top it all off, the regional hegemon will then be China. Why? Because nobody over there will trust the US to give a damn about the lives of people in South East Asia ever again.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Before doing that they'd have to find Kim. Isn't he in hiding? And even if he's not, Kim has many body doubles from what I understand.

Hopefully the Trump Administration will take action soon. Sanctions and diplomacy does not count in that regard because they never have and never will work with Kim. They didn't work with Iran either, and it is common knowledge that Iran, a close ally of North Korea, is helping with its nuke program.

That's one reason I am amazed that the US went ahead with Iran's nuke deal, but that's a topic for a different thread.

All I know is, we need to do a pre-emptive strike whether it be conventional or nuclear, before Kim decides to use his EMP satellites (if not worse).

It amazes me that those satellites are still up there, spinning around and around and around. Why?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

China has already warned the US. Any first strike by the US against NK will be met with the full force of China's military.

If on the other hand, NK executes a first strike, then China will sit back and watch what happens.

Your point is mute.

How you can so easily kill so many innocents is beyond my comprehension.

How about you ride the first Nuke down and come back and tell us about the big bang.

P

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Sanctions will not work and Kim Jung-Un will never cease developing his nuclear arsenal. The # will hit the fan, when either Japan or the United States shoots down one of North Korea's missles. That time is fast approaching. Like I mentioned in a recent thread, North Korea is planning on a missile test very soon...some say on Oct. 10, the anniversary of the founding of the ruling Korean Workers Party. Trump stating that this is the "calm before the storm" implies some type of retaliation is in the works. North Korea test firing missles over Japan IMO is a provocation of war, especially with all the war mongering rhetoric and video clips coming out of DPRK. If they launch another missile over Japan, or towards Guam, I believe it will be shot down.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Not just anti-Korean rhetoric (North) but anything remotely communist or alt-left. Almost to the point that to be left-leaning is considered dangerous and unpatriotic.

There is nothing wrong with being "left-leaning" but communism and its various incarnations have been proven as failed systems of government that only lead to the oppression of millions. By itself, it doesn't make someone unpatriotic - that only happens when that individual advocates the subversion of the U.S. Constitution or overthrow of the lawfully installed government to further that ideology. Communism, particularly is a problem because it uses covert action and subversion as a means of advancing itself (former KGB guy: Bezmanov) Youtube

Additionally, being "alt-left" doesn't by itself demonstrate disdain for America and its way of life. However, those who engage in political violence (aka terrorism) and suppression of free speech and dissent (also through violence) are unpatriotic. Again, this comes down to your actions and not specifically ideology.

The North Korean government is a dictatorship that looks out for itself and a very small handful of elite at the expense of the entire country.

edit on 10/8/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

To finish an ONGOING war ?
You are missing a few facts.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

OF COURSE IT'S a terrible idea,WHAT ARE WE COMMIES?
But we won't take nukes from any rogues like HIM or Iran, and Russia /China won't have much of a say,their air options are outclassed.
edit on 8-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It is safe to say that sanctions will not have the desired outcome, nor will allowing them more time to develop a credible nuclear deterrent. We've spent 25 years attempting diplomacy, and have failed in that respect. If this was all some ploy to get North Korea a better deal, then Kim (squared) made a grave miscalculation.

Unfortunately, as we have seen in the past, once the war drum begins beating it leads to a war that eventually ends in the overthrow of the adversarial government. In the case of North Korea, this action isn't wrong. The question then becomes a matter of tactics, as opposed to the overall strategy of government overthrow. Tactically speaking, a single Ohio class boomer boat could launch ~200 MIRV'd warheads leveling every major city - that isn't a very good option, however, as the collateral damage would be enormous.

Tactical nuclear weapons, OTOH, can be set to very low yields and stand a good chance of decapitating his government in a single strike. With air/sea superiority, their major assets would be quickly targeted in a well defined and rehearsed kill chain. There is no question that the United States would defeat the North Koreans, knowing full well Russia and China have no desire to start WWIII over the rogue state.

I find any scenario that doesn't lead to the forced disposition of Kim's dictatorship frankly unbelievable at this point. In my mind, it isn't a question of if but a question of how/when.
edit on 10/8/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: airforce47
There are several existing threads about war with the DPRK but few of them address how the US will exercise its military option.

Two thoughts to bear in mind regarding North Korea. The PRC and the Russian Federation are not going to retaliate against the US and its allies for a preemptive strike against the DPRK.

They may if they think they are next down the line
I would not put in past the warmongers to target China next

Recall the rhetoric over Taiwan and the artificial islands, I am sure China has not forgotten about that

We pretty much want to control the whole world

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
If NK continues ?
US and SK forces (possibly other countries and/or NATO) will take out any first strike capabilities quick . Basically NK relies on artillery. Shame that is very easy to target . Will be gone before they can fire many rounds at all. All kind of high tech equipment will be used to limit collateral damage .
NK is not even on the list for the top 20 military in the world , Recall what happened early on in the Iraq War. They had , and I do mean to put that in past tense , the 3rd best military in the world.They actually had some modern weapons from Russia. Iraq went from 3rd to a rabble within hours. The pilots ran out of major targets at start and starting targeting single tanks and artillery pieces with Hellfire missiles. They got into a spot of trouble for that. And the Iraqi armored squads were exiting their tanks and surrendering to unarmed press reporters in jeeps.
The Iraqis were also giving up due to the starvation rations they had before the outbreak . What do you think the NK military will do ? They are in worse condition and once the very few supply lines are cut the situation is made even worse.
This is not the 1950s

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
A preemptive strike on NK is going to make them throw their hands in the air and give up. They have a 2 million man army and if assets aren't in place to deal with that army we're up the creek. If the US starts moving assets around NK will see it coming a mile away.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Pyongyang nk is a government city and very few non government employees live in the city.

That means its the perfect city for a neutron bomb.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
So much hubris. A nuclear strike by the USA will instantly turn it into an international pariah state; even more so than it is now. Expect denounced relations from allies and economic isolation, especially by nuclear rivals like China and Russia.

Nobody ever watched Old Yeller here? It's the story about a boy who loves his dog. But the dog gets rabies and can't be trusted. thats what a nuke-happy country will come off as.

And think about exactly why allies will cut ties to the USA. You think Japan will still want to be an American vassal? In case you have forgotten, it was the Americans who nuked them twice before. They will see Americans dropping nukes on fellow Asians again and it will dredge up a lot of social unrest.

And another poster stated that the decision to attack the DPRK is up to South Korea. Well that's simply untrue. The ROK military is directly under American military command. Do you really think they want to be flung into a meat grinder conflict because the American president wants a legacy of military victory? Or because the American people need a new distraction from their own massive social problems?

And it has been long established within the international community that the USA is not the good guy, and rarely has good intentions for anyone other than themselves. It's not like the world is cheering on American military interventions upon foreign governments or its cowboy geopolitics. Most just play along so the USA doesn't choose them as the next target.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
A preemptive strike on NK is going to make them throw their hands in the air and give up. They have a 2 million man army and if assets aren't in place to deal with that army we're up the creek. If the US starts moving assets around NK will see it coming a mile away.
if we blow up NK I have to say if I was a NK and was living over here in the US and just watched you blow up grandma I would be now part of the 2 million man army....it could get ugly real fast right here in the states...
ive been saying it for months if they wanted Rocket man they would have already ended his story there's lots of money being made off the military action and the media, there just cashing in....with our technology its hard to be leave any of the crap our Government feeds us...... poison him. its just my opinion

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Oh man. The usa will not be using nukes of any kind.

We got something waaaaay better. Pay attention to mattis words. He says well annihilate north koreas nuclear capability.

China even if we did a first strike will do absolutely zero. They know they havent a hope of a chance against the usa.

Wanna know the real reason china and russia are amasing troops at the nk border. Its because they want to see our new toy in action upclose so they can get some decent intel on it unlike the last time we used it.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYRyoutu.be...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
a reply to: BASSPLYRyoutu.be...

What ... you get sucked in by an advert ... for Lockheed Martin!

Lol.

You want to look at real life ... like when a US Carrier Battle Group, playing war games, found a Chinese Sub surfacing within the fleet. Gave them a real fright!

Don't get sucked in by adverts mate!

P

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: airforce47
I think the answer is in President Trump's mind and has been provided by a Pentagon think tank. You blow up Kim Jong Un and most of his general staff with a single preemptive nuclear strike. You then demand the DPRK cease all offensive military actions or face immediate total nuclear annihilation and you mean it.

Feel free to disagree but the idea is not mine but is quietly making the rounds in the intelligence community and military planners. Their feelings are pretty much the same and it's you'll get away it and it will serve as a clear warning to Iran about its future actions. My best,

That'll just give NK an excuse to use their own nukes on everyone. Dumbest thread seen ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join