It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump About to Trigger a Cabinet ‘Suicide Pact’?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
A friend told me about this, I had not heard of it that there is a “suicide” pact of three of Trump’s top cabinet …

Earlier this week, John Hudson reported that the firing of Tillerson would trigger the exodus of two other Trump cabinet officials. Hudson’s source, he wrote, “expressed confidence in Tillerson’s status due to a so-called ‘suicide pact’ forged between Defense Secretary James Mattis, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, and Tillerson, whereby all three cabinet secretaries vow to leave in the event that the president makes moves against one of them.”

This is a bizarre scenario but possible with a person as horrible as Trump leading this country.

Just goes to show us the fragile condition of the government of Donald Trump.

You have the president being called an f___ing Moran by the Sec of State.

And a government in a massive state of confusion and disarray.

nymag.com...

There are plenty of reasons for skepticism that this suicide pact would actually hold. For one thing, the reason Mattis is working his job is clearly to protect the country from the massive risks to world stability and the rule of law posed by Trump.

But, still, the suicide pact might well be a real thing. If so, the question becomes whether the three use the threat to safeguard Tillerson’s job, or whether the cabinet is about to see a mass exodus.

+68 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Jesus...of all the words to spell wrong...'Moron'?

Color me surprised.
edit on 7-10-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Probably not right? I mean cabinet suicide...

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Fake news is Fake Newsy.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
And "so what" comes to mind.

"Red Herrings" come to mind too.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Color me surprised.

I know....I couldn't take the rest of it seriously after that. When a misspelling is more than a typo, it just stops one cold and everything after that sounds idiotic.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

There are rumors that they might all leave if one is fired, but the stronger buzz is that they have agreed not to quit however abusive their boss becomes. Current events tend to support this version: Tillerson certainly wants to quit now but cannot... for the good of the country.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Color me surprised.

Irony...Karma's quiet little sister.😜

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Color me surprised.

That may be autocorrect at work. The typo is not in the original article, which uses the word "Morongate" to describe the scandal. I like it.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

There are rumors that they might all leave if one is fired, but the stronger buzz is that they have agreed not to quit however abusive their boss becomes. Current events tend to support this version: Tillerson certainly wants to quit now but cannot... for the good of the country.

So essentially what you are saying is everyone wants to leave but aren't leaving, just 'cos...

Okie dokie

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Color me surprised.

I know....I couldn't take the rest of it seriously after that. When a misspelling is more than a typo, it just stops one cold and everything after that sounds idiotic.

If Trump can't even keep his advisers together and the GOP in full revolt, could spell trouble for the WH.

www.theguardian.com...

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I had to put up with 8 years of Obama and you can't deal with even the 1st year of Trump? You should probably get some therapy because you are clearly losing your sanity. Trump at least cares about America.

edit on 2017/10/7 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Trump seems to have a rather poor record with maintaining cabinet and staff members though.

edit on 10/7/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: DJW001

So essentially what you are saying is everyone wants to leave but aren't leaving, just 'cos...

Okie dokie

Yes, the most competent members of the cabinet are frustrated, ignored, and abused by the Chief Executive. They are afraid that if they resign no-one who is capable will want to replace them, leaving the country in the hands of a "moron" with a cabinet of sycophants. Just look at the Press Secretary! The other day she said she cannot speak for the President. But isn't that her job?

+8 more 
link   
When did a suicide pact become people leaving their job?

Hyperbole much.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Yeah. Quotation marks and stuff.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Tillerson and Mattis have both proven to be disappointments. I don't know about the other guy.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Color me surprised.

Moran is a popular misspelling on *another* conspiracy forum.

Which shall remain nameless.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
Tillerson and Mattis have both proven to be disappointments. I don't know about the other guy.

You mean they have reassured our allies and kept us out of going to war? What do you want them to do?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I had to put up with 8 years of Obama and you can't deal with even the 1st year of Trump? You should probably get some therapy because you are clearly losing your sanity. Trump at least cares about America.

Yah..Trump cares about America..unless you are an American Territory then not so much..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join