It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump About to Trigger a Cabinet ‘Suicide Pact’?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Jonjonj
In regard to him, correct.
His cabinet, it varies.

Anything specific?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You ever have a friend commit suicide? I bet the guy making the headline hasn't.

Anyway, sounds like fake news.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

In regard to him, yes. He's unqualified and continues to demonstrate that.

In regard to his cabinet, it varies. I find that the more there is conflict between he and his choices, the better his choice seems to be. Interesting.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

In regard to him, yes. He's unqualified and continues to demonstrate that.

In regard to his cabinet, it varies. I find that the more there is conflict between he and his choices, the better his choice seems to be. Interesting.

Thank you for clarifying your position.

My position is slightly different. I think that, as far as politics is concerned, qualifications should be absolutely minimal.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: Phage

I suppose that this president has failed to live up to your ideas of a good president for specific reasons. His cabinet as a whole as well. Correct?

Since when was it considered good for an executive to not tell the people under him what the companies goals and direction are at the moment?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I wasn't talking about politics in regard to Trump's qualifications.
edit on 10/7/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: Phage

I suppose that this president has failed to live up to your ideas of a good president for specific reasons. His cabinet as a whole as well. Correct?

Since when was it considered good for an executive to not tell the people under him what the companies goals and direction are at the moment?

Since it was proven that the executive or at least the people under it were untrustworthy and in fact working for the previous administration.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You know that we're talking about the people that Trump appointed, right?
Want a list?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I wasn't talking about politics in regard to Trump's qualifications.

Well of course not.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You know that we're talking about the people that Trump appointed, right?
Want a list?

No need for a list mr Phage.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Trueman

Butterflies and zebras
Moonbeams...

Ok....that was cool. Now, what rock band you connect to Obama?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Willtell

You have the president being called an f___ing Moran by the Sec of State.

Jesus...of all the words to spell wrong...'Moron'?

Color me surprised.

Todays Obama supporters are yesterdays Bush supporters.

edit on 7-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

First Tillerson was just another swamp monster, but he gets street cred for calling Trump names. Who knew it was that easy to be in your club.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
the alternative, unemployment, Porsche, House, Credit card, hospital bills.... hell no, they won't jump off the golden goose.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

First Tillerson was just another swamp monster, but he gets street cred for calling Trump names. Who knew it was that easy to be in your club.

Actually, he gets credit for at least attempting to negotiate with North Korea. While the president undercuts those efforts with tweets.

edit on 10/7/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Moran is French for Moron

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

There are rumors that they might all leave if one is fired, but the stronger buzz is that they have agreed not to quit however abusive their boss becomes. Current events tend to support this version: Tillerson certainly wants to quit now but cannot... for the good of the country.

This one it seems, is not true. They have a pact (notable because they're #4, 5, and 6 in succession, and the 3 highest positions under Senate confirmation) but Tillerson it seems is still not committed to staying. His wife convinced him to stay back in July when he was about to quit, and recently apparently Pence was groveling/begging to get Tillerson to stay.

He's on board, but only very reluctantly.

It's Mattis/Kelley/McMaster that have an agreement to not quit.

To be fair, Tillerson has been all but eliminated from official duty, so it's not a surprise he wants to quit. The Pentagon is maintaining our foreign policy now because the State department has been undermined and the it's apparent the emperor is wearing no clothes.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This is incredible; Trump is a destructive force of immense proportions.

This government is indescribable!

Trump has set up an animal house in the White House

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Deplorable
Tillerson and Mattis have both proven to be disappointments. I don't know about the other guy.

It's just a matter of time until they leave...

Guess who Trump is looking to replace Tillerson with after Tillerson called him a moron.

www.axios.com...

Here's the problem, Trump hasn't been filling positions, everyone he nominates is coming from another department, and the empty slot remains... he's just playing musical chairs with jobs. For example, DHS still doesn't have a director, they only have an acting director which has much more limited powers. It's basically making government run inefficiently, if it's able to at all.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Deplorable

So... you think Trump doesn't want to reassure our allies and keep us out of war?

Yes. I don't think he wants to do that. His negotiating strategy his entire life has been to remain noncommital to everything. The problem, is that while being really ambiguous can score you an advantage in business by creating an information gap, such a policy doesn't work with nations who need to know what other nations are doing in order to ensure compliance with treaties, that there's no plans to attack, that alliances are holding, and so on. MAD for example, relies on the idea that each nation is rational and would prefer to not attack. Based on what Trump has said so far, if there weren't back channel diplomacy going on from the Pentagon it's highly likely that Trump would have started a war or two by now, potentially nuclear.

Even North Korea is consistent in their diplomatic messaging and look at how easy it is to raise tensions with them. What Trump is doing is 100x worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join