It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Jesus and Satan both called the morning star?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Also to note the "lucifer" passage is based on the Attar myth in the Baal cycle. Attar is the Hebrew word for star FYI and is cognate to Ashtar or Ashera.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Thanks AnkhMorpork

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
I'm not looking to offend anyone's religion, but what's your take on both Jesus and Satan being called The Morning Star in the Bible?

Rev. 22:16:
“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”

Isaiah 14:12:
“How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!”

The morning star, that's our Sun right? Sun of God? Are we looking at Sun Worship here?

-MM

Ok this had to do with Satin being associated with Venus in its "morning star" that rises. The use and meaning of morning star for Jesus has nothing to do with Venus. Satan and his people just trying to use a natural pattern and effect to superimpose on the Son of Man of whom Satan is very, very jealous. Jesus has His own star that shines for Him in its times and seasons where as Lucifer fallen must now attach himself to the sun and its reflections in this entendre.
edit on 7-10-2017 by Logarock because: n

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: zardust

I agree that Isaiah is referencing Baal. Another copy/paste of mine:

I propose that the chapter in question is indeed addressed to the King of Babylon (verse 4), but actually references a page out of the Canaanite religion (verses 12-14). A clearer picture is revealed by referring to the original Hebrew language of the verse, along with Canaanite mythology.

4. That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! The golden city ceased!
12. How art thou fallen from heaven, Heylel, son of Shachar! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13. For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit."

Isaiah 14 (King James Version)

[Verse 12] The figure in question literally "fell from Heaven": [naphalta (נָפַ֥לְתָּ) (fell)] [mis'sa mayim (מִשָּׁמַ֖יִם) (from Heaven)]. This rules out any human being.

Heylel, in my opinion, is a direct reference to Baal Hadad. This can be concluded by reading the context of the verse and correlating it with the Canaanite religion.

How you have fallen from heaven, Heylel Ben Shachar! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

You said in your heart, “I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of El (אֵ֖ל [God]); I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like El Elyon (לְעֶלְיֽוֹן׃ [Most High]).”

- Isaiah 14:12-14

The two following phrases should be self-evident:

"I will raise my throne above the stars of El."

"I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like El Elyon."

Examining Isaiah 14:12-14,... we must think about which son of Asherah/Athirat has his throne on Mount Zephon,... and who wants to usurp both El and Elyon.

Now, let us examine "Mount Zaphon."

Mount Zephon is known today as Mount Aqraa. It is upon this mountain that Baal Hadad, son of El and Athirat/Asherah, established his throne and sanctuary. From this event of the Baal Cycle, we get the name/title: Baal-Zephon.

Baal Hadad was indeed a son of El and Venus/Shahar/Asherah, who sought to usurp El's authority, succeed Elyon, and establish a throne on Mount Zephon. Isaiah 14:12-14 illustrates this perfectly.

edit on 10/7/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Young's literal translation eliminates translator ambiguity:

"How hast thou fallen from the heavens, O shining one, son of the dawn! Thou hast been cut down to earth, O weakener of nations." (Isaiah14:12)

"I, Jesus did send my messenger to testify to you these things concerning the assemblies; I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright and morning star!" (Revelation22:16)

they are not the same

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
They are not same entity they are brothers

lucifer is associated with venus but is solar deity

satan is associated with saturn but origins from sirius, as i think lucifer too.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Jesus, Lucifer, Holy Spirit, Unholy Spirit.

One is a reflection of the other.

Once you know angels= harmonics, whether it be in space or in your dna, game over

edit on 9-10-2017 by BigBangWasAnEcho because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join