It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

LOL, creativity at it's best. Is he guarding the Haggis by any chance? Or Gordi's other secret "don't tell the missus" stash?

ETA A little light music for Sunday. A re-boot of a song by the original artist (K's Choice) joined by Skin of Skunk Anansie.

edit on 5/11/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Fin, Loved your music vid! Thank you! I can't tolerate the heat and humidity of Summers here. Don't mind the cold unless it gets really, really cold though.

Skiddy That was wonderful news about The Children's Miracle Network! Yay!

Mason, Thank you for the link!

Gordi, Loved the latest mushroom! Adorable!

Shep, Good to see you Shep! Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again soon!

Light, Loved your song video!! Beautiful!

Lazy Sunday for me here but have to make some shepherd's pie. Tired but...got to get a move on and get it done.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Foot fell off my washing machine. Who wants to come help me fix it? 😩

eta- 2 feet fell off.
edit on 5-11-2017 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I'm not a washing machine repairman but I would guess you have to prop it up (cardboard folded, small piece of wood) and make it level until you can replace the 2 front feet. Either that or remove the 2 rear feet too. Start a spin cycle when it is empty to test it first

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Story cont'd from above post.

Night peered past the open door as Lucid spoke. A strange swirling mist through the darkness was in her line of vision. Within the darkness and mist were creatures of unspeakable horror. Their presence was threatening the realm and they needed to act. "Get inside!" She shouted to Lucid and to whoever else had remained outside.
She used her telepathic powers to call in the Elves and other creatures and beings of the Shed lands, knowing this was a power too great for just a few of them to face and conquer.

It seemed that the times of battle were gaining ground in this sacred place. She hadn't let on to anyone that with each battle, being so close to one another, she was feeling the affects and had been weakened by them. Not knowing where she would find the strength, she excused herself telling them she would soon return and to please remain inside, letting them know that help was on its way and left the others as she headed toward her chamber. Her eyes were drawn to the flame of a flickering candle beside the bed. The lovely Elf went into a trance like state and lost herself in the moment.

edit on 5-11-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh

eta- 2 feet fell off.

They probably just came unscrewed ( they are usually height adjustable) . Tilt your machine up and try and screw them back in ( it may be counter clockwise )... then you need to level them.

Hope that helps if it's the type of feet I think they are.
edit on 5-11-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Yeah, I donated as much as I could. I offered quite a few .pdf books for highest donation. The last offering was over 20 books. Needed rule books to play certain games.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Oh No!!!!! If you can wait I will get rid of my horrid work clothes, put on my "Super Woman" suit, make a "little something" to munch on and be right over.
If you provide the beverage we can have a reparation celebration.

I do agree with both Sheye and Light. Those are practical solutions.
But if you don't mind I will still pop in. We can still celebrate.

I had this happen to me once, but I didn't notice it till the darn monster was dancing a samba in the room.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Oh No!!!!! If you can wait I will get rid of my horrid work clothes, put on my "Super Woman" suit, make a "little something" to munch on and be right over.
If you provide the beverage we can have a reparation celebration.

I do agree with both Sheye and Light. Those are practical solutions.
But if you don't mind I will still pop in. We can still celebrate.

I had this happen to me once, but I didn't notice it till the darn monster was dancing a samba in the room.

Can I come along ( I need to see you in this Superwoman suit ) 😏... besides a broken washing machine is as good as any excuse to throw a party 😜
edit on 5-11-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
ETA A little light music for Sunday. A re-boot of a song by the original artist (K's Choice) joined by Skin of Skunk Anansie.

I liked the melody, but reading the lyrics I stumbled.
What do they mean when they say "If you don't have it you are on the other side" ???
The lyrics are a "little" disturbing.

How are you Light?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I can't seem to level the sucker out. One foot has been a near constant problem. Which has necessitated (bracing myself for the jokes) me needing to stabilize it during the spin cycles, usually having to sit on the machine. (Anyone else remember the scene from The Great Outdoors?)

I decided to try to level it tonight, front foot fell out. So I go to move it to *try* to tilt it back and screw it in..... back foot falls out😖 I can't get to it myself, husband still isn't due back for a couple weeks, and I don't trust my kids to be able to hold it up and keep it from crushing my arms while I fix it. So.... my best friend is going to send her husband to help tomorrow.

This is very silly. But I have too many kids to not have a working washer for long.
edit on 5-11-2017 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye
My suit is no secret

You must be Irish my dear, they can always find an excuse to celebrate.
Please come, just jump on your favorite broom and if we are not too bombastic Chelsdh will let us in.
I hope she will, traveling is such a bore. Do you have a dish to pass?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Just warn me before you knock! I'll put the dogs out back so their barking won't wake the baby!

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

This is very silly. But I have too many kids to not have a working washer for long.

Not silly at all. This whole account gave me a grand giggle. A contradiction???
Any way if you would consider Sheye's and my presence for an informal evaluation, we would appreciate it.
Actually we are on your doorstep.
Brooms are very fast these days.
KNOCK KNOCK

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Just warn me before you knock!

Hmmm synchronicity. You posted this while I wrote, KNOCK KNOCK.
Do you have a glass or two for our beverage?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Well, I spent the day in a hammock,It was hell I tells ya.... not!

You poor thing, you were mercilessly deprived of cleaning the house, doing dishes, washing clothes, you poor sot.

I also started carving a wooden mushroom... before noticing that there was a bad knot in the wood.

I seem to recall that a carver of wood or stone would try to acknowledge the hidden feature. They would respect the material. And so you did

There is now a wooden carving of an Old English Sheepdog (called Alf, with a flat cap on) somewhere in the Scottish woodlands....

Hail to Alf, decades from now when some one falls upon him, they may assume he was a symbol of a new age ritual.

edit on 5-11-2017 by WalkInSilence because: blah

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Sheye
My suit is no secret

You must be Irish my dear, they can always find an excuse to celebrate.
Please come, just jump on your favorite broom and if we are not too bombastic Chelsdh will let us in.
I hope she will, traveling is such a bore. Do you have a dish to pass?

Lol... I stay away from riding brooms ... leave that type of travelling to the witches.

I'm actually a mix of French Canadian and Welsh. Love to be part Irish though.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Lol... I stay away from riding brooms ... leave that type of travelling to the witches.

Witches, Smitches,
Well, they don't have a monopoly on brooms, we all have to get around, don't we??

I'm actually a mix of French Canadian and Welsh. Love to be part Irish though.

We never know do we? The Welsh are close to the Emerald Isle and so is Denmark where I descend from.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I liked the melody, but reading the lyrics I stumbled.
What do they mean when they say "If you don't have it you are on the other side" ???
The lyrics are a "little" disturbing.

I decided to reply to this one while i eagerly wait for my morning coffee to get done

There are internet sites dedicated to inerpreting song meanings and always speculation when a big name comes up with something a bit more cryptic. But i think that it is up to the listener to decide what the song means. "little disturbing" is fine for me, as long as not "absolutely horrifying" Sometimes i find a different meaning from a same song on different listening times, depending on my mood.

Edited to give an answer to your actual question. I think that the song is about drug use and false privilege felt within some drug users. There is also a line "we're high above, but on the floor" Which i think refers that they are pretty buzzed and thus better than others, but just sitting on the floor, doing nothing productive. Therefore, "if you don't have it you are on the other side" is meant to say that if you don't use drugs you are someone else than "our gang here" in a very disrespective way. And by no means i thing this song glorifies drug usage, it is quite strong criticism or that is at least how i feel about it.
edit on 6-11-2017 by Finspiracy because: added speculation/answer

edit on 6-11-2017 by Finspiracy because: Typo... hope this coffee helps soon

edit on 6-11-2017 by Finspiracy because: Another typo... and i did proof read... oh my...

new topics

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join