It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaelci
..... how he's just had Summer, ..... and he's coming here.... and he'll be leaving here ....and then returning once more so... technically he'll have two years of pure Summer as we're trying to work out immigration and everything.

Pardon me dear, but this isn't fair and I am not referring to the Perpetual Summer Scenario.
Two Years!!!! with all the unknown factors, travel expenses, months of longing and horrid departures.
Yes, I know some radical stickler will say it is the law.
Said in a shrill voice "It is the LAW" (Gavel pounding) " We must follow the LAW, the matters of the heart MUST be crushed under the LAW"
Hum Bug.
You have already waited almost two years.

I will pray for you, for a miracle, let us all pray for a miracle.
]]]]]]]HUGS[[[[[[[
This frustrates me, I was so happy you guys were going to be together forever now.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Sounds marvelous! Thank you! I'll help myself!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

No, it's not fair. But we do have some of the strictest immigration laws in the world and we're willing to abide by them. Even so far as NOT getting married on a tourist visa to placate the authorities (apparently that's the worst thing one can do - getting married on a tourist visa. And they'll do everything possible to prolong things and make things difficult for you because you had the audacity to not go through the proper paperworks).

The best scenario for us is two 6-month tourist visas, that equals 12 months of living in a "de facto" relationship, and we can then apply for a partner visa which enables him to live and work here, being that we've fulfilled the requirement of living together for a total of 12 months. That can take up to 18 months to be approved but a bridging visa is given so that he can stay in country while it's being processed.

The other scenario is applying for a marriage visa which would then also require the partner visa after the fact. But he can't enter Australia -at all- until that's approved which can take up to 24 months. So I like to think the de facto way of doing things would be better, and more realistic - you never know, we might hate eachother by the end of this 6 months

((((HUGS received and SQUISHEE'd))))

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

you never know, we might hate eachother by the end of this 6 months

Hahaha!!!!!!

Whatever time it takes will be well worth the wait. I just know it! I'm just trying to be patient waiting for all the happy pics to come our way.

Waves at Wister above!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh

Sounds marvelous! Thank you! I'll help myself!

Think I'll join you. Cheers!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
a reply to: Finspiracy

I need more wine, then I'll feel better! Maybe I'll go use some herbs instead

Good choice.

Then there will be no hangover and the overall feeling is way better.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Love this version of Behind Blue Eyes...

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Love this version of Behind Blue Eyes...

Me too!

I am not a big Limp Bizkit fan, but with that one, they nailed it!

Something from Finland for you!

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

WOW!!!!! More than half way through and I Love it!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Hello!

Sipping still that home wine. It is maybe tasting a bit too sweet after some glasses but you here at the shed are sweet too so i don't mind.

Cooking food now and dropped by to say hi!

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I watched most of a 24 hour livestream yesterday. These guys I watch play games every Wednesday were having a charity thing for Extra Life. Extra Life is a thing for gamers who want to participate in raising money for The Children's Miracle Network. They reached their goal and then some. I was so happy to see that. The leader of the group even stayed up for 24 hours playing games and even ate a Carolina Reaper chip because the reward amount for it was reached. It was a lot of fun.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
Dude, we have been getting 32c days ... I'll pass on the sauna.

I would be in trouble there.
I can tolerate up to about 25c heat and when it is above that, my thoughts get somehow jammed and it takes effort to do anything physical. And it can't be escaped from (when outdoors) Sauna is different, i warm it up to about 80-85c and keep the humidity high. I just got back from the sauna actually. Water and potato chips now. But yeah, after sauna, always a long cooling shower and some water and i feel just fine.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Just for you.

edit on 5-11-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hi Shedfolk!

Unfortunately I don't have time to stick around right now, so this is sort of a "drive-by" post. I should be on later though, as I will be spending much of my day on my computer, I think.

Wanted to wish everyone a happy Sunday - I hope things are well in your respective real and fantasy worlds.

Also, I've posted a few more episodes of Falling, for those of you following the story and those of you interested in doing so.
As always, you may use the link in my signature to get to the beginning of the story, or you can use these links to get to the new posts:
126 - Blessing
127 - Departure
128 - Ally

I have another episode formatted yet, 129 - Accusation, which I will try to post tomorrow. Also, I have to confess the next scene (probably 2-3 epsiodes) is the last one completed for a stretch. The next two after that are planned but not written, and the one after those is mostly written but needs completion. After that, there are another 15-18000 words that need revision, but have been written for a long time.

ANYWAY, time to get little shepherditos ready for church. Talk to you guys later!

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

What are the average winter temps in your location? -9000 Celsius?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

This is what Finnish meteorological institute has to say about the winter here.

In winter, the mean temperature remains below 0°C, but warm airflows can raise the daily high above 0°C at times. Winter usually begins in mid-October in Lapland and during November in the rest of Finland, though not until December in the southwestern archipelago. It thus takes about two months for winter to proceed from Lapland to Åland. The sea and large lakes slow down the progress of winter. Winter is the longest season in Finland, lasting for about 100 days in southwestern Finland and 200 days in Lapland.

North of the Arctic Circle, part of winter is the period known as the "polar night", when the sun does not rise above the horizon at all. In the northernmost corner of Finland, the polar night lasts for 51 days. In southern Finland, the shortest day is about 6 hours long. Permanent snow covers open grounds about two weeks after winter begins. The snow cover is deepest around mid-March, with an average of 60 to 90 cm of snow in eastern and northern Finland and 20 to 30 cm in southwestern Finland. The lakes freeze over in late November and early December. The ice is thickest in early April, at about 50 to 65 cm.

In severe winters, the Baltic Sea may ice over almost completely, but in mild winters it remains open except for the far ends of the Gulf of Bothnia and the Gulf of Finland. The coldest day of winter is usually well after the winter solstice, at the end of January everywhere except the maritime islands and coastal regions, where the slower cooling of the sea delays the coldest period until the beginning of February. The coldest temperatures in winter are from -45°C to -50°C in Lapland and eastern Finland; from -35°C to -45°C elsewhere; and -25°C to -35°C over islands and coastal regions. The lowest temperature recorded in Helsinki is -34.3°C (1987). The lowest temperature recorded at any weather station in Finland as of 2010 is -51.5°C (1999).

WInter is my favorite season by far. I rarely feel cold. In the summertime, the few months it lasts, sure i do my bbq with friends, throw frisbee, sit in the forests and such and it is ok for a while. Glad that winter is the longest season here

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Thanks! I knew there was a reason I never wanted to go to Finland, no matter how beautiful it looks in pictures.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well, I spent the day in a hammock, in the woods, under my new (camouflage) tarp.
It was hell I tells ya.... not!
I also started carving a wooden mushroom... before noticing that there was a bad knot in the wood. So... being...uhm... adaptable!...
There is now a wooden carving of an Old English Sheepdog (called Alf, with a flat cap on) somewhere in the Scottish woodlands....

It had to be done!

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Finland Rocks. (Ask Russia)
That is all.

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join