It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the next media cycle going to get everyone wound up about?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
So the start and finish of this election has empowered a new type of media sensationalism.

One so powerful, it sucks in those who used to hide from politics like the plague.

Even here on ATS, we've seen people play along, some expected, some not. Sometimes I even get sucked in.

But when I take a step back, I see how silly the vitriol was once the embers have cooled, and the next topic is decided.

Please, this is not the mud pit, keep it civil. I also didn't do general conspiracy as this is wide out in the open. Mods move if you please. And if you do get the sudden urge to get hasty, go to the mud pit.

So what's the next big topic? Any ideas?
We already know...Trump is ignoring Puerto Rico...And tomorrow it will be the tax reduction plan by Trump...The rich will get richer while the rest of us get poorer...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The people who constantly give Trump the benefit of the doubt seem to take offense when people like me point out the very real and obvious ways he's leading everyone around by the nose..

Good to know. By your estimation folks that give him the benefit couldn't possibly think for themselves. They've no cause outside of the political or media narrative, again, in your estimation.

If you consider me a part of a "mob" of people who think for themselves and don't accept the government narrative then sure, I'll gladly accept that. I'm happy most of the media are finally holding the president over a fire. Which brings me back to the whole "Mob" thing...

I would consider your original quote to be part of the incessant whine. That being "it's all Trumps fault." If you consider the current propaganda paradigm we are currently living to "holding the president over a fire." Well I would agree but I think you meant hold his feet to the fire, which this is not. I could be wrong in my opinion here.

Your views about politics have been shaped through propaganda and confirmation bias to believe that the media is the enemy now, so you stop questioning the government narrative..

I don't think you know me well enough to make that assessment. Well enough to know that I think the media is the enemy yes, however I've never stopped questioning the government narrative nor agenda, especially as the current one as part of the whole. Nice try to discredit me however, but you'll need to try much harder.

And that's the whole point of the "mob" you're in, and you can see it in the comments about the NFL controversy as well. Unabashed allegiance or you're a traitor. That doesn't taste too American to me..

You've pretty clearly stated exactly you form your views. Assumption and bias. I'm sure you haven't notice but if you look at my history, you would see I didn't partake much in the NFL nonsense. More assumptions.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

originally posted by: Groot
The next thing will be pet discrimination.

Cat people will be fighting tooth and claw against dog people, fish people will go head to head against fish people.

Whew. Thankfully I am rabid possum person so I got nothing to worry about.

I have enough controversy to deal with as it is.

I'm getting an armadillo just to root out those of your ilk!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm getting an armadillo just to root out those of your ilk!

Good Luck with getting Leprosy at least I can always get a rabies shot if things get out of hand with my beloved possum friend.

How Armidillos Can Spread Leprosy.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Wow, that was actually a pretty interesting article!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The next one is going to be IT costumes for Halloween because the movie just came out.

But the stories are going to center around the pu##ies scared enough to think they are going to cause harm, which in turn threaten to harm an innocent person just for a costume.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
If there is one thing we can learn about the past couple years, do not predict a single thing. All we can do learn how to deal with it as it comes. But I think one can reasonably say that it begins with a capital letter T.
edit on 27-9-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Wow, that was actually a pretty interesting article!

Armadillos are off my list of things I want to pet or hold.......but In all fairness they were not all that high on the list anyway.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I will say that Trump didn't start this fiasco but sure did add to the fire.

That is true. I wonder why Atifa is not behind him on this? They like chaos.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I'm not trying to discredit you, just have a conversation. No need to be defensive. And I'm not blaming anything on Trump. Trump is Trump. My blame rests on the American people.

Mainly for allowing themselves to be guided to the point they accept the left/right paradigm as a part of their personal identity, to the point they can't even enjoy a football game anymore. And call everyone who doubts the government narrative part of a mainstream media mob, when that couldn't be further from the truth.

That you think I'm describing myself when I'm saying what I'm saying is a testament to the insidious of it all. All I do is question everything, but because Trump is one of those questions, I'm immediately relegated to one side of the political divide by people who support him.

And that pretty much illustrates perfectly where the propaganda has taken hold.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

In my opinion they are equally ugly creatures. Not judging, to each their own!

I'm more akin to goats!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I get a general idea of where you're coming from. It is possible and given more credence every day that the same force that manipulates the media also manipulates the government.

Think about this. Would Trump be where he is without them and would they be where they are without him?

You may be a deeper thinker than your words on a screen portray, but when you announce, "it's all Trumps fault." You sound like part of the herd. To then apply it to his base (as if that is all that is triggered) is furthering the contempt.

Just pointing it out.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

In my opinion they are equally ugly creatures. Not judging, to each their own!

I'm more akin to goats!

In the ugly critter stakes, nothing holds a candle to the naked mole rat.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Possums are really bad at crossing roads but they still manage to cross it unlike wood chucks who just stand in the road.

Now be careful around goats they may be cute but I heard they have a darkside.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

May account for why the feral goat that roams my parents grounds was christened "Randy".

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Either a plane will go missing or someone famous gets kidnapped and is not found (month long time-wasting story)

or

Drone attacks from terrorpeople or something spectacular along those lines.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I get a general idea of where you're coming from. It is possible and given more credence every day that the same force that manipulates the media also manipulates the government.

Think about this. Would Trump be where he is without them and would they be where they are without him?

You may be a deeper thinker than your words on a screen portray, but when you announce, "it's all Trumps fault." You sound like part of the herd. To then apply it to his base (as if that is all that is triggered) is furthering the contempt.

Just pointing it out.

When have I announced "it's all Trumps fault"? He's just a cog in the machine, and no more important. I even made a thread about Trump and the media colluding to advance his agenda and drive up their profits at the same time through manufactured media outrage.

But I'm the sheep in the herd. It makes it hard to take anything you say serious when you broadly paint me as a sheep for daring to think differently.

But hey, it's pretty much what I've come to expect. Thinking seems to end where party lines start.

edit on 27-9-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

When have I announced "it's all Trumps fault"?

Whatever outrageous new thing Trump decides to say to rile up his base and point the camera away from whatever he's failing at. Extra points if it has a racial or patriotic component that makes his base emotional and therefore forfit any critical thinking. Repeat ad nauseum. Until he feels like he's in complete control or we're a smoking hole in the ground.

Unless I'm having reading comprehension issues, right here in this thread is where.

I even made a thread about Trump and the media colluding to advance his agenda and drive up their profits at the same time through manufactured media outrage.

Fair enough, but I have not seen it nor has it been mentioned up until now.

But I'm the sheep in the herd. It makes it hard to take anything you say serious when you broadly paint me as a sheep for daring to think differently.

Maybe using the term victim was apt. I didn't say you were, infact, I eluded to the opposite but mentioned the words you used. Buck up buttercup. Read what I cared enough to type in response to you. Or don't and take your ball and go home.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Midterm elections are soon. I'm guessing that's going to be the next big topic that we all argue about.
It all ready started with the strong, moore race in alabama.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join