It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the next media cycle going to get everyone wound up about?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
So the start and finish of this election has empowered a new type of media sensationalism.

One so powerful, it sucks in those who used to hide from politics like the plague.

Even here on ATS, we've seen people play along, some expected, some not. Sometimes I even get sucked in.

But when I take a step back, I see how silly the vitriol was once the embers have cooled, and the next topic is decided.

Please, this is not the mud pit, keep it civil. I also didn't do general conspiracy as this is wide out in the open. Mods move if you please. And if you do get the sudden urge to get hasty, go to the mud pit.

So what's the next big topic? Any ideas?
edit on 27-9-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm guessing someone outraged about not being sold something from someone else.

I'll bet 5000 of my stars on it. ( That should really be a thing btw!)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I'm guessing someone outraged about not being sold something from someone else.

I'm not catching your drift, may I ask if you could elaborate?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Starbucks not selling to a Trump supporter.
Arms dealer not selling to a hipster.
Christians not selling to homosexuals
Homosexuals not selling to christians.

Something like that. After that, someone will come out with something controversial for Halloween, maybe a trans issue. Then another brazen show of authoritarianism then we can all love eachother over the Christmas break.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Ahhh, very interesting. Well, unfortunately that would be a welcomed incident and outrage as violence looks to be a possibility.

Which is sad, I remember when people didn't get offended, esteem damaged, and outraged when someone believed something different from them in this country.

One could argue its always been here... It's just far more extreme, and even worse, becoming acceptable and encouraged.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

What the next media cycle going to get everyone wound up about?

Halloween is fast approaching, I'm guessing crazy clowns and offensive costumes.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

My opinion is that is exactly the mind-set 'they' want you to be in. On the edge, waiting for it all to pop off. Good for business.

I've got to wonder, if the outrage wasn't so easily and heavily portrayed, would it keep rising?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia thinking they are targets of terror attacks with cars hitting pedestrians, then just realizing it's women drivers.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I'll bet 5000 of my stars on it. ( That should really be a thing btw!)

Probably will never happen, but that would be pretty cool.

So, who wants to put their money where their mouth is now?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I've got to wonder, if the outrage wasn't so easily and heavily portrayed, would it keep rising?

No, because part of the responsibility of living on a free society is being an adult. It is also being comfortable enough with your ideology that others don't make you melt down.

That once existed, but unfortunately we've had it good for a few generations and many have convinced themselves they are entitled to something. Now that things aren't as prosperous, the ideas of what we're entitled to has expanded. And that's a debate on it's own. The only thing we are entitled to is being able to say what we'd like. One thing we're certainly not entitled to is to try and silence those that disagree with us.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Saudi Arabia thinking they are targets of terror attacks with cars hitting pedestrians, then just realizing it's women drivers.

Maybe outrage at soaring car insurance rates in Saudi Arabia !!

If you like your car insurance you can keep your car insurance !!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Whatever outrageous new thing Trump decides to say to rile up his base and point the camera away from whatever he's failing at. Extra points if it has a racial or patriotic component that makes his base emotional and therefore forfit any critical thinking.

Repeat ad nauseum. Until he feels like he's in complete control or we're a smoking hole in the ground.

#MAGA
edit on 27-9-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

What an original thought......

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

That would imply this sentiment wasn't already here before.

And it obviously was if he was elected.

He is a variable in a very complex problem.

Trying to blame it all on one person is what people have been attempting to do for years. The truth is there are underlying issues we need to find and address.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

The truth is there are underlying issues we need to find and address.

Look to the media structure and how they make profits. Keeping these problems simple is exactly how this mess propagates.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Starbucks not selling to a Trump supporter.
Arms dealer not selling to a hipster.
Christians not selling to homosexuals
Homosexuals not selling to christians.

Something like that. After that, someone will come out with something controversial for Halloween, maybe a trans issue. Then another brazen show of authoritarianism then we can all love eachother over the Christmas break.

Oh, I like that!

Someone will get outraged over men who are really men dressing as women for Halloween. They'll call it transgender appropriation or something stupid like that.

I bet we see that happen at least once on some campus at some frat party!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh, jeebus. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

While there is no argument here, I never said it was simple.

The very fact we fight more as countrymen than against are enemies, or the idea that countrymen are our enemies is evidence it's the worst problem we've had in some time.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

No, and I didn't claim you did. It's complex, as you properly stated, however you wouldn't know that if you were reagular Joe taking in the daily news.

Divide and conquer has been the main-stay strategy since ancient Chinese dynasties.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

What an original thought......

It's definitely not the thought process of you and the mob that agrees with you, so thanks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join