It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I No Longer Support NFL or CFL In Any Way..My Love for Football is DONE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Through this recent and disgraceful kneeling that has been happening in football, I have completely resigned all and any interest in the game.

The concept for watching a sport for what it is and what is stands for and having the freedom to do so while others can only dream of having that sport in their home country is a very important one.

Too much politics (leftist) are being pushed into something that was to participate or view for fun.

No longer this is the case.

I am banning my participating in supporting a bunch of yahoos influenced by the leftist extremist.

I don't belief politics should be involved in a sport.

At least hockey has not been impacted.

Nuff said.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
I am banning my participating in supporting a bunch of yahoos influenced by the leftist extremist.

I don't believe politics should be involved in a sport.

Many ... many ... many of us would agree.

When I was in the Army, I was strictly forbidden from expressing political opinion when that opinion could reflect on my employer. Just sayin' ...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
You're not alone.
It's happening all over the country.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Do you mean black people?

At least hockey has not been impacted. Nuff said.

Sounds like a yep.

What about religion? Do you get all triggered by religion in your sports?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Agreed, self imposed boycott of the NFL. If they disrespect my flag and my country they can get a job doing something else. I intend to write my congressman in the morning about cutting subsidies to the NFL if they exist.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'm feeling left out. Hey, I stopped wearing red hats because Trump got elected. Hugs ?

edit on 2017-9-26 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
And to think, if Trump would have just kept his nose out of it all these players wouldn't have reacted like they did and you'd still be watching something you used to love. Oh well, what Trump says goes I guess.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

I'm sure they'll be fine still making their millions and having millions still watching.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Do you wish they meant black people?

Would that make it easier to niggle and criticize the OP?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Snarl
a reply to: IAMTAT

Hugs?

You'll have to settle for **almost**. Buwhahahaha!!

edit on 2692017 by Snarl because: ATS sensitivities considered. LOL

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

At least hockey has not been impacted. Nuff said.

Sounds like a yep.

What about religion? Do you get all triggered by religion in your sports?

1. You have a way of twisting words like a CNN reporter and so I will not respond to that.

2. You have a way of talking to yourself and I will leave you with that.

3. What a way to derail the topic by bringing in religion. Please refer to #2.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I don't think it's rational or mentally healthy to take a hard-line stance on every social event or issue that pops up. Nor do I give a fig about sports or sports players, effin' divas... So I'm sitting this one out.

Like a good Buddhist (which I'm not, but whatever) I don't care. Apathy is the answer here. If you're willing to give up something you love (not like a bunch but love) then I think you're doing it for the wrong reason. This event isn't important. Really, it's not. It doesn't actually affect anybodies lives in any real way.

Nobody's hurt or dead or injured or even close to injured... There's no property destruction. There's nothing but attention whoring divas and the media pushing the circus onto people that need something new to fight about or rally behind.

Every attempt at manufactured division has failed before. It kicks up real loud, some people get stupid then it simmers down as people realize how dumb it all is. But more importantly a new event pops up to get everyone talking and fighting and taking stances.

Wash, rinse, repeat ad infinitum.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Noncents because: Replaced A Missing Letter

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
My thing is this...doesn't matter what country you live in your honor thy flag and thy national anthem that goes with it. Whether it happens in a football, soccer, hockey, basketball, baseball, equestrian, olympic event, etc...it doesn't matter what sport, you still have to respect the country the freedom to allow you to become an athlete or a spectator of that sport.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Don't take this personally.

But no one cares what you think about this stupid topic. You could have easily added your feelings to one of the dozens of other identical threads that have been made over the last 3 days.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

But no one cares what you think about this stupid topic

Correction...if you didn't care you wouldn't have responded.

And 2, you are right...stupid topic for a stupid political stance by NFL players.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I fully support grown men playing with their balls. If they want to kneel, that's their business.

If you enjoy the sport for what it is (a game) and what it represents (um...a game?), what does the national anthem have to do with it? What involvement does President Trump have in the sporting world? Did the NFL get higher ratings than his pageants and TV shows?

We have separation of church and state (supposedly), now we need separation of sport and state? This whole debacle is as nonsensical as my first sentence.

I wonder next week's waste of time will be?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

No, there are white players doing the same thing. We don't need race brought into this as well, it's already dumb enough as it is.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Agreed, self imposed boycott of the NFL. If they disrespect my flag and my country they can get a job doing something else. I intend to write my congressman in the morning about cutting subsidies to the NFL if they exist.

If they knelt for bad officiating during the game then that I could understand...but not during the national anthem nor the fact of facing the flag.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I have completely resigned all and any interest in the game.

I feel sorry for you. (Well, a little).

That you let something affect you so badly, if you're being sincere.

Too much politics (leftist) [. . .] I am banning my participating in supporting a bunch of yahoos influenced by the leftist extremist.

And that you project it entirely onto "the other."

Your agenda is clear.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Do you wish they meant black people?

Nope. I just found it curious that hockey is apparently the only place safe from these left-influenced n'er-do-wells. Perhaps it's the cold. Or the skating.

Would that make it easier to niggle and criticize the OP?

Niggle, please? Of course not. I have no problem niggling.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join