It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bug that Firefox can't fix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
After getting a new PC I have become aware of a bug in Mozilla's Firefox that I did not know about.

There are Flash player problems Firefox has been unable to address. The issues stretch back many years and are still current. After many years I have had to dump this browser. I am not too disappointed as there were a few other aspects of Firefox in the newer versions (related to security) that are making it useless. I mean you can't even use Java with it now. So many software companies ruin their applications like this. Their innovations just make apps even more unstable, less universal and not able to integrate. No man is an island, software developers.

Yes, apparently Firefox will cause problems for certain Graphics cards. Firefox have not bothered to address this, so are alienating many people who can't get the browser to load Flash Player properly if they are using certain Graphics cards. There are posts on the internet going back years relating to this. Waves (Audio Applications) are also having problems (crashes DAWs). They have issues with some Graphics cards, too. I get green lines and chunks on videos making the Flash player unusable with Firefox. They say they have a fix that you must uncheck hardware acceleration. THIS IS NOT A FIX. This is an acceptance that Mozilla is not able to make a universal browser.

All the other browsers and apps work great. With Chrome I don't have to uncheck hardware acceleration. With Spectrasonics I don't get constant crashes rendering apps "appsolutely" useless.

Chrome supports Java. Chrome can manage Flash and hardware acceleration.

Goodbye fussy little Fox. Enough of you.

Tally Ho!

edit on 23-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Problem is Adobe Flash and content providers who this piece of ## still use ...

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
With the latest Firefox 64 bit , no issue ,

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Rubbish! There is an issue. I am using state of the art everything. FIREFOX does not work with certain Graphics cards. Look it up. Search google and you will see.

Why did you write that? You are deceiving people and accusing me of lying. I NEVER lie. There is most definitely an issue and Firefox can't fix it.

There might not be an issue on your Graphics card. There was not on my old Graphics card. There is a HUGE issue with this Graphics card. It is just Waves and Firefox I had a problem with. There are KNOWN graphics issues with both these.

I am just telling people that if they get the Green lines and squares then change browser and all the problems go away and you do not need to uncheck hardware acceleration. That acceleration is there for a very good reason.

I have witnessed a fair few cocky, arrogant, haughty tech support individuals go suddenly very quite while I have been putting together this new machine. I solved every issue myself and was even sending them code for fixes. That's true.

I don't mean I am any good with code, but I am good at searching (so I should be after 17 years searching google). Some bits of code I had to search for days to find.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

That's all well and good, but the whole of the internet uses Flash. Without it you can't function in Cloud Cuckoo Internet Land.

Let's face it: All code is a bloody security risk, ain't it! Hahaha!

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Search with this:

Firefox causes green lines on Flash player

About 6,730,000 results (0.82 seconds)

Why do that to me? Why falsely accuse me of lying? THINK before you write. I am a real person here, dude. Flesh and blood, "a regular person, just like you".

I get attacked so much here for NO reason. I know why. It's low, racist, hating and let's face it...very JEALOUS.

Yes, I am bright. I am very quick and bright. I spent years developing this. I had to walk through every fear. I have been EVERYWHERE you can go in the human mind.

You can do it, too.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It can take a while to work out what is wrong and then more time to scratch chins and work out a fix and then get it tested and if you are running cutting edge stuff you do run into the problem as they may have to work with other companies such as having to deal with driver problems and the final problem could be a result of something you'd never of thought would of thought would have any ability to cause mayhem.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: DerBeobachter

That's all well and good, but the whole of the internet uses Flash. Without it you can't function in Cloud Cuckoo Internet Land.

Let's face it: All code is a bloody security risk, ain't it! Hahaha!

Why are you complaining here? Firefox development forum is probably better place ... URL

BTW you forget to specify your GPU, Firefox/Flash versions and your OS ... all of this is important.
edit on 23-9-2017 by JanAmosComenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Chrome? Really? You are really o.k. with Google scrambling your searches and watching your every move, tracking you throughout the Internet, nudging you gently back behind the digital curtain of PC approved propaganda?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Same here.

In fact, after being pissed off at Firefox for a year or so, I recently returned and was pleasantly surprised how much faster it is....less memory hogging.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Same here. And I play a LOT of computer games with various video graphic cards over the years.

I've always had a lot more issues with Chrome than I've had with Firefox.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Agreed. Im inclined...as with your experience...that its people's OTHER hard and soft-ware options, installations on the wide variety of different types of devices and settings they use.

Some...gaming or not...have no issues with Firefox.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Rubbish! There is an issue. I am using state of the art everything. FIREFOX does not work with certain Graphics cards. Look it up. Search google and you will see.

Why did you write that? You are deceiving people and accusing me of lying. I NEVER lie. There is most definitely an issue and Firefox can't fix it.

There might not be an issue on your Graphics card. There was not on my old Graphics card. There is a HUGE issue with this Graphics card. It is just Waves and Firefox I had a problem with. There are KNOWN graphics issues with both these.

I am just telling people that if they get the Green lines and squares then change browser and all the problems go away and you do not need to uncheck hardware acceleration. That acceleration is there for a very good reason.

I have witnessed a fair few cocky, arrogant, haughty tech support individuals go suddenly very quite while I have been putting together this new machine. I solved every issue myself and was even sending them code for fixes. That's true.

I don't mean I am any good with code, but I am good at searching (so I should be after 17 years searching google). Some bits of code I had to search for days to find.

What are your specs ?

top topics

join