It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You look in your bank account and there is 50 billion... Your first move?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: fusiondoe

I didnt think it was possible to have billions in one bank anyway. It would at least be several...in multiple forms, and in multiple companies and financial institutions...

Anyone know for sure?

yeah they are usually kept off shore, in tax havens, undeclared, laundered....through the CIA.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'd give everyone AIDS.

link   
I'd give everyone AIDS.

link   
2 for 1

but 3 for 2

Thats not bad, ahhh here some money for you.

link   
HOLYMOLUY
edit on 23-9-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I'd give everyone AIDS.

So am going to guess this is some kind of joke that has went over my head.

Regardless of the true meaning behind it or whatever, joking about AIDS is pretty low in my view.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Buy a candy...
edit on 23-9-2017 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

No because they'll take it back. What you do is open a numbered Cayman Islands or swiss account and transfer 3 billion into it immediately. Then move to a non-extradition country and gradually transfer the rest into other numbered accounts.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

And your view means so much to everyone.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

And your view means so much to everyone.

oh and you think everyone sits up to respect the views of the the guy who makes jokes about AIDS???

Guess what your views don't mean that much to everyone either.

Pretty sad that you can take a light hearted thread like this and drag it into the dirt.

Dirt..... kind of sums up your posts.
edit on 23-9-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Hahahaha, offended much?

Go take a break you seem to be a worked up ninny.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Hahahaha, offended much?

Go take a break you seem to be a worked up ninny.

Your are neither smart enough nor witty enough to cause me any offence or get me worked up.

You are a bit like a rather annoying fly thats buzzing about making that annoying noise or a lingering fart, a bad smell that just won't go away.

Nothing you say offends me or works me up, but it says a lot about you as a human being when that seems to be your goal on hear to wind people up.

You are not very good at it by the way.
edit on 23-9-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I think it's hilarious to be honest, the amount of time you waste, the fact you go back and edit, heh.

You sucka and you know it.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I think it's hilarious to be honest, the amount of time you waste, the fact you go back and edit, heh.

You sucka and you know it.

Day off school is it?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

How.... Schlubby.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I'd give everyone AIDS.

Rolaids or the real thing?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I just wanted to give everyone to opportunity to be able to get as many things done as I get done daily, help make their life a little easier, you know take away some of the daily stress and I couldn't accomplish that without the use of my AIDES.

Figured everyone could use a couple, spesh if I got 50 bn.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Cool, I'd like a teacher's aide, preferably 22ish and hot.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I don't think there's a limit on how much you can keep in one bank. But there is a limit on how much each account is insured by the FDIC. From its website:

FDIC insurance covers all deposit accounts, including: Checking accounts, Savings accounts, Money market deposit accounts, Certificates of deposit

FDIC insurance does not cover other financial products and services that banks may offer, such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, life insurance policies, annuities or securities.

The standard insurance amount is $250,000 per depositor, per insured bank, for each account ownership category.

If there's any kind of loss above that $250,000 limit, you're screwed (I think there are some special situaitns where accounts are insured more than that). There are companies that will help you spread large deposits across multiple accounts so that all of the money (and interest) are federally insured. On the other hand, you could always just do that yourself by opening a lot of separate bank accounts and keeping track of your interest payments.

This wouldn't be practical with $50 billion though. Suppose you wanted to open accounts with $225,000 each. You're using less than the $250,000 limit so that any interest gained is also insured by the FDIC. Well, you would have to open more than 220,000 accounts to make sure all of that $50B is insured. And even if that were somehow possible, you'd only be getting pitifully small interest rates for the types of deposits that are insured by the FDIC. So if you were simply trying to live off of and spend from the interest, you'd have to spread that money around in other ways. Federal Treasuries (aka fed govt debt) are kind of insured as well, but only when the interest and principal are being paid into an account at specific institutions (HERE).

ETA: Here's a link with some alternative ways to get more than that $250,000 per account insured. However, I have absolutely no experience with these and I'm not liable for anything if you try them and they screw you over lol.6 ways to insure excess deposits
edit on 23-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join