It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take University's ‘white privilege’ quiz- Students Will Get Extra Credit

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

You mean go after the individuals who are trampling on people's rights instead of blaming everyone who shares their race? What a novel concept!

But, if I can't spread the consequences of my actions across everyone who shares my race, I might have to take personal responsibility!

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Unbiased history books like that exist. But good luck getting them into our curriculum.

What? There is no such thing as an unbiased book. There is no such thing as an unbiased person. The fact that you claim that shows how deeply entrenched you are in your bias, to the point that you think your bias is "unbiased".

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Tests like this only have a 2 grade scale.
Cuck
Or
White Devil

There is no passing answer.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

If you read the list and can mark "no" on all of those, then I suppose you don't have that privilege. But I don't see how that would be possible for a white person to do.

Doesn't that sort of prove the point others are trying to make? Why would they make a test that has pretty much guaranteed results based on if you are a white American? Why not make a "Legged Privilege" test to hammer home how many more "privileges" those of us with legs have over those who don't:

1. Can you play hopscotch?
2. Can you run?
3. Can you do leg stretches?

OMG, if you answered "yes" to most of these then you are privileged! Do you see how ridiculous this is? And notice that it does nothing to help elevate anyone's standard of living. If the point is to remind people to feel grateful for what they have, I would say there are much purer ways of doing this that don't try to lump entire races into the haves and the have-nots. As I said in my other post, the ability to go shopping without getting harassed (as an example) is a RIGHT, not a PRIVILEGE. People should stand up for THEIR rights and raise THEIR standard of living. Berating others for what they have gets us nowhere.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
No matter how much you claim it doesn't exist, the fact white privilege does exist.

In fact if you search ATS, you would find plenty of examples of it, such as the backlash in regards to affirmative action where people on here assume that someone only got a job or in school due to it.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught9966
No matter how much you claim it doesn't exist, the fact white privilege does exist.

In fact if you search ATS, you would find plenty of examples of it, such as the backlash in regards to affirmative action where people on here assume that someone only got a job or in school due to it.

Well, plainly, "someone" did, else the affirmative action project didn't work.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

My gosh is considers it a privilege that stores put up Christmas display. How frigging pitiable and pathetic to need to reach so far. Yup, I hold my head high and my nose higher as I strut by the mall Christmas tree and the government sends someone running up to hand me a hundred dollars just for my strut and for being with family on the 25th. Deal with it!

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: angeldoll
Looks like a survey which are quite common around university campuses, and since it involves a social issue, of course it is in a sociology class. Graduate students do them all the time; they have to to gather information for research papers.

Doesn't say what the 'extra credit" is, but this is also not uncommon. Nobody wants to take the time to do a survey, so they will add a point or two to your final totals for your grades. This is no big deal.

Otherwise, it's simply trying to get students to "think". Not a thing in the world wrong with this. Nada.

So your premise is that someone's race is a social issue?

Isn't that a wee bit racist?

Grow up. If you don't think racism is a social problem in this country, then I don't know what to tell you. So you will know, we have plenty with other examples being poverty and drug abuse, unless of course you want to deny those too. When and if things change, we will take surveys to gain the statistics to show it.

I wrote my post when I actually thought this thread was about an interesting survey. But I of course should have known better. It's another provision for yapping off about race. Much like your post.

Ok nobody is denying those are problems. But explain to me why those of us with white skin here today in 2017 are the ones who caused those statistics? It is one of those hideously ugly things to say sadly but it is an ugly truth. Just because there is inequality does not mean there was inequity. Those statistics stem 10% from history and 90% from culture. I would bet my children's lives on the fact that if we simply were to wipe out gangster rap music, the homicide rate amongst young black men and incarceration rate would drop OVER 50%. The things that culture glorifies are inhumane, evil, violent, and nonsense and the fact anyone allows his children to be exposed to it is no different than the parent who allows his 13 year old out with a big group to get high, drink and drive, and have sex on the weekend except that kids emulate musical celebrities a TAD less than they do their everyday peers I guess.
edit on 9/21/2017 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

(post by VforVendettea removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Asked about the offer, Professor Elliott told The College Fix via email that it’s a legitimate way to help students see things from multiple perspectives.

A WHITE PRIVILEGE questionnaire makes people see things from multiple perspectives!

Only in binary thinking as WHITE says it all.

That professor is an idiot.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Maybe you should E-Mail him with those same words, You are an idiot

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join