It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skunk Works Promo Video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

That's why this forum is so much fun. You never know if you're going to get a rabbit hole, or a totally random left turn.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Strange where these threads go

I genuinely laughed at that bit. You see this is what happens when someone who loves aviation but isn't as clued up (me) as most of the others on here. I don't have much to respond with but I enjoy trying to get involved even if it is posting the odd off topic reply or I reply with the most simplest of answers that I'm sure the experts on here must sit there and shake their heads. I'm just glad the mods and mainly Zaph especially on aviation forum can have a bit of leniency when it comes to my replies

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That's why this forum is so much fun. You never know if you're going to get a rabbit hole, or a totally random left turn.

Well I can say one thing, with my op it definitely wasn't the rabbit hole the camera went down/up. Ok I'm done I'm going to bed

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

I was fortunate enough to be in one of the first studies for those devies. Works amazingly well and I was able to be properly diagnosed after years of misdiagnosis thanks to it.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: mightmight

originally posted by: Sammamishman Some of which might not be too conceptual at this point.
I think its very possible everything the showed in this clip is already flying in some form... NGAD/PCA demo, VTOL UAV demo, Stealth Blimp, SOFTA, Groom South Hangar Fastmover, black LRSB component...

Which one do you think was SOFTA?
Grim reality of troop transport VTOL is that tilt rotors/helos are still the operational preference.

It may come down to something as simple as the ability to VTOL on unprepared surfaces- such as those found in combat zones.

Conventional Helos and Tilt Rotors dont bury themselves when landing and taking off because the down-wash is dissipated by the fuselage and open atmosphere around them.

Any sort of ducted fan/vectored jet/ high throughput rotor would probably have the same issues as a Harrier when it tries to take off/land vertically from unprepared surfaces.
edit on 19-9-2017 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

its a SR-72 , no

Im thinking the tech demonstrator at least.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I had to get a colonoscopy.

They knocked me the hell out for that as well.

I remember them hitting me with the anesthetic. And feeling the drug starting to hit me. I was like, "I can feel it. Talk to you guys later."

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I remember my first general anaesthetic had to count to ten only managed to get to 3. They did a nerve block on my arm but after the wore off they put me on morphine. Wow that first hit was better than all my weekends in Amsterdam.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

I don't even get to that point. My last knee surgery, they gave me the memory blocker, I remember getting wheeled out of the preop room, turning the corner, lifting my head and looking down the hall, then I woke up in recovery.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The nerve block was just the weirdest thing I've experienced I remember looking at my arm and willing it to move and just nothing.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

I was having stitches put into my wrist and they gave me that stuff. It was awesome. Didn't feel a damn thing except some tugging.
edit on 9/19/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Haha I remember my second ACL surgery after OCS I had lost so much weight and hadn't had a drop of booze in ages, just the first round of drugs they gave me (before the anesthetic) had me high as a kite. I remember the doc telling me after that while wheeling me back I sounded like a hippy at a Woodstock reunion lol.

As far as an unveiling wouldn't a Superbowl 2018 flyover be a good opportunity?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
A roll out of something black for the 75th birthday will be a beautiful gift.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I wish they would numb your arm when trying to put in the IV. That big ass needle hurts like hell. And after a few days in the hospital my veins start to hide and they can't find one.

Getting a picc line was easy though. they numb your arm for that.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

My first knee surgery the nurse couldn't hit a vein in my hand, and finally managed to drive the needle into a bit of cartilage near the vein she was aiming at.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

ugh...

On my last stay they tried to give me an IV 5 times.

Finally I told them to stop. I couldn't take it anymore. I ended up with a ton of bruises on both arms in the spots they tried to stick me.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I've been there during one of my meniscus surgeries - even on the way under the needle in the hand / cartilage was beyond brutal.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

I have much respect for nurses as it runs in the family. But when she hit that cartilage, I damn near came off the bed swinging.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Thank god for that numbing stuff.

When i was 15 i got jumped and some huge dude piledrove me into a sidewalk head first. I landed on my left eye socket. Normally your orbital shatters but in my case my eyelids took the damage. On my left eye both my eye lids had torn nearly off.

I went immediatly to st. Joseph's hospital where luckily a plastic surgeon happened to be the ER surgeon on call. He came in numbed my eye and put 14 stitches in between my upper and lower eyelids on my left side. He said he basically performed an eye tuck.

My eye was then swollen shut for a month. But it healed really well. Looks taught compared to the right eye and later in life through insurance i can get a free eye tuck on both eyes since theyre not technically equal now and it would be considered reconstructive not cosmetic surgery

They look pretty close but if i point it out people can see the faint scars on my left side. That surgeon was good. But yeah thank god for that local anesthetic. I was awake the entire time it felt weird having a surgeon sticking sutures into my eyes and the tuging feeling.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
When I had my colonoscopy it was a Wednesday appointment. During the appointment they also had a look down my throat. Afterwards, I asked the Doc if they used the same kinda instrument for both ends. He said, "Oh no, not kinda the same. We use exactly the same ones, but, we clean them every Thursday." Then he cracked up. I didn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join