It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skunk Works Promo Video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

I love doctor humor. It's amazing more of them haven't been hit. I had one tell me, and he was totally serious, to make sure they operated on the correct part.

When I was a kid, I stepped on a roofing nail. It was one of those with the ridges on then like a screw. I was fine at the hospital, until the x-ray tech decided to be funny, and yelled, "don't let them screw it into your foot on accident". I about lost it at that point.
edit on 9/19/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah when my surgeon came to see me afterwards he had L on his left arm and R on his right kind of worrying in a way...

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

Sam and I were talking earlier. You know the guys that read these threads are sitting there going "WTF. How did it go from Skunk Works to surgical procedures?"

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Which is why I love being involved in threads on ATS and just ATS in general with such a wide variety of people who are involved or experienced all sorts in their lives it really does make you feel like you learn more than just looking for answers from a google search. As I've said in many other threads I don't really have the knowledge to get too engrossed in threads so I lurk majority of the time until I have a stupid question to ask.

Who's knows maybe if we jabber on with random talk those who watch the threads may get a bit bored and think 'Damn these guys are nuts' and stop watching then people can start dropping secret hints and information .. I wish.

But touching on what woody said, when I was in my ward awaiting the doctors to come around an assess me as to what they were going to do they had to write on my body is a thick marker pen as to which side the kidney stones were so when they inserted the stent they didn't put it in the wrong side.

You also mentioned how amazing medical staff and treatments can be. My dad had a heart attack and needed a stent fitted, they actually went in through is artery/vein in his thigh and then all the way up to his heart to where the stent had to be replaced. In this day in age medical treatment is absolutely incredible.

edit on 19-9-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Funny you guys bring this up...i work in the O.R as a tech...so i have hand on with these doctors..some are nice sum are as$holes and sum are like 15yr kids(normaly the spine guys)... anyways i hope they cleaned them scopes really well they spread them nasty ass super bugs!!
edit on 19-9-2017 by Slys13 because: Cause i can't proof read !!!

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Sam and I were talking earlier. You know the guys that read these threads are sitting there going "WTF. How did it go from Skunk Works to surgical procedures?"

To those guys I'd say, "We really ARE talking about Skunk Works black projects. Just in code. Shhhhhhhhhh....

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

They throw curve balls with things like the Amarillo craft so it's only fair we do it back.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
How much did one of the last aircraft look like the YF-23.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

a reply to: penroc3

That's why this forum is so much fun. You never know if you're going to get a rabbit hole, or a totally random left turn.

Which is why my bookmark for ATS is this forum and none of the front page nonsense

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

I think the f23 may have been ahead of it's time ..alot of these 6gen concepts resemble it!!long live the f23!!

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Slys13

Now that they are moving away from the "super maneuverability" mantra for the next gen. fighters, they are going more to a tailless designs or a combination low degree angled tailed/tailless design philosophy like the YF-23 had. It had a lower RCS than the traditional higher degree slanted vertical stabilized designs like the F-22 and F-35.
I expect the next generation of fighters will have a tail that is similar to LM's concept design and the YF-23 if it has a tail at all.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

If they can go truly tailless it makes the aircraft more effective against low frequency radar as well.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Interesting and kind of in line with the NG teaser video they showed at the super bowl. Typically this stuff if even made was for internal consumption not for the Gen public.

Aside from celebrating a great sub division that made/continues to make great aircraft whats the angle? It's not as if we have a direct say in the purchase of the LSRB or PCA etc. (IE they are not selling razors)

So is the future elements displayed part of a dis info campaign?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I think the equation goes something like this: Positive public opinion => legislative backing => more contracts => money. It also gets people wanting to work for them.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

More or less. Whether it works is another story, but hey, it gets us cool videos to drool over.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You can say the TBCC is part of a disinfo campaign. They got something so much cooler and useful.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Northrop may have a lot of traction internally with govt. But ive said it before and ill say it again. Northrops public PR team theyve contracted sucks. Lockheed has way better commercials. Northrop would benefit from a better PR firm.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

You can say the TBCC is part of a disinfo campaign. They got something so much cooler and useful.

Amen to that

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
im just going to leave this pic here, not sure how it fits in but i didnt want to start a thread

might have to use the zoom feature on your browser to get a better look
edit on 20-9-2017 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
im just going to leave this pic here, not sure how it fits in but i didnt want to start a thread

might have to use the zoom feature on your browser to get a better look

What's this meant to be and where did you come across it? I'm not sure how it fits in with skunk works maybe you can start a thread saying where you came across the image and can share it with the rest of ATS. I'm assuming the odd feature in the photo is the big beam of light. Sorry I hope this reply doesn't seem rude
edit on 20-9-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join