It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skunk Works Promo Video

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: anzha

Interesting. I hadn't heard they had a demonstrator flying yet. I knew they were close, but I was hearing some time next year before it was flying.

Definitely sounds like they have one, doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: weavty1

Thats allot of ac units. other then the crew working conditions i couldn't see needing more than 2 maybe 4 but 6 is allot.

i wonder if the people who own that satellite or how ever that image was captured got to see what ever was covered up or if it goes through the DIA first, and all other imaging does as well if they want to show bases. but that bring up a whole new question are those companies really private then?

id love to know what's under that box.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

There are two or three things it could be, but honestly, I doubt is this demonstrator. They'd probably have this at Groom, or just out of Palmdale.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

agreed, but they still have somethin g woth sensoring under that block.

it would be alittle to close to the wider world to be flying something here that is secret, well simi secret.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: penroc3

There are two or three things it could be, but honestly, I doubt is this demonstrator. They'd probably have this at Groom, or just out of Palmdale.

I’m thinking it’s a pair of B-21’s 😎

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Possibly. There are two others that it could be too.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

I'm sure you would.

Doesn't mean you're gonna.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I can remember 2 different triangle shapes being very publicly seen a few years ago.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The thing is, that hanger at Edwards is roughly 100 metre's wide. That "shadow" is at least 100 foot long.
It looks more than a scaled demo to me. Especially in a highly ventilated building, it looks like someone tried to cover something up, and done a poor job of it.
Or it could just be pareidolia, what do I know !

originally posted by: weavty1
Meanwhile... at Edwards.
(Northrop is having a play with some fun toys)

General overhead shot - Edwards South Base, 2017

Zoomed into the trim pad and staged maintenance/access platforms for our girl - Edwards South Base, 2017

Hmm, guess they must’ve left the door open and maybe something showing of our bird? Either way, this is quite a convenient place, time, and placement of this ‘censor box’ 🤔 - Edwards South Base, 2017

All speculation of course... but, gee golly, sure is an interesting bit of circumstances and set of sat images.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

It certainly looks like a sort of delta wing shape doesn't it

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woody510

It certainly looks like a sort of delta wing shape doesn't it

Just check out the maintenance/access platforms at the bottom of the second pic.. note the sweep angle of the foremost platform.. it’s greater than 90° 😉

🤔🇺🇸

edit on 9/29/2017 by weavty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Also check out the same building on bing maps. That's what the buildings shadow "should" look like. You can clearly see the ramp markings go right up to the hanger

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Many hangars do. That way they can follow the taxi line right up to the hangar and be positioned for the tug to come out and pull them in.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

An important thing I should note in my screenshots, is the direction of North, changes slightly with each.

More less, the sun shadows and orientation of the Images.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I was refering to how the lines can't be seen on the image weavyt posted. That image is from google maps and is obscured to a certain distance of the hanger doors

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

imgur.com...

I was playing with the shadow on photoshop just for giggles, here is what I came up with

Obviously nothing is to correct scale

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hi Weavy,

That hangar has been around for a long time, the air con units have been on there since at least the first GE image in 1994!

You can see the delta shaped access platforms on GE as far back as 2005.

Interestingly and probably discussed before but there is one enhanced terraserver image from 2010-05-05 that shows what appears to be a B2 parked next to two B1s north of the hangar. I'm not 100% sure it is a B2 though? It's not seen on Bing or GE, or other Terraserver images.

Terraserver Link

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: nelloh62

imgur.com...

I was playing with the shadow on photoshop just for giggles, here is what I came up with

Thank I've been trying to do that for ages on my phone but drawing with your finger isn't as easy as it seems

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woody510

originally posted by: nelloh62

imgur.com...

Thank I've been trying to do that for ages on my phone but drawing with your finger isn't as easy as it seems

Kinda fits the shape of the shadow

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join