It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The receded ocean

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm wondering if the ocean is still low, and why didn't the rest of the ocean backfill the displaced water? Doesn't make sense to me.
edit on 10082016 by Marky83 because: Misspelled word

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It isn't receding. Its called gravity and multiple Hurricanes. When it stops. Expect flooding. Dec watch winter and see how dry it becomes.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Marky83

This happens

I have lived on the coast all my life, and at sea.

Look this up...plenty there. It's not a phenom...just a fact.

Mg

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

What are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Op didnt give us much, i will reply similarly.

Tacitos, cinco de mayo best time.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Wtf are you on about? What coast? Receded where ? Thirty years on the pacific coast and they are totally fine where i am. You all reply like the op told you a story with pictures videos and facts which he did not. Two measely lines, its like youre all the same person.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

Don't respond if you don't like what the op said. Are you a mod? Obviously others did understand his question. And yes, I know the rules. Why be such a judgemental nasty?

I absolutely understood the question and the answers. You have too much time on your hands.

The water is gathered from all the hurricanes which lowers it in certain areas. As the winds die down, then the water will come swooshing in causing flooding.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma
a reply to: missed_gear

Wtf are you on about? What coast? Receded where ? Thirty years on the pacific coast and they are totally fine where i am. You all reply like the op told you a story with pictures videos and facts which he did not. Two measely lines, its like youre all the same person.

You should be able to infer that this is the Tampa Bay water level anomalies caused by temporary induced ocean currents produced by Irma's storm surge.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I was referring to the lack of ocean in the Bahamas plastered all over YouTube and google. The thing is, I can't find any updates. I also don't understand why the rest of the extremely vast ocean didn't backfill the displaced water. That's why I posted this, so all the professors here on ats can enlighten me. I'm truly concerned about this.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

i think high pressure has something to do with it as well. heard something on the news about it few days back and i thiknk that's what they cited as main reason.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Think of it as a seiche, but in the ocean. Same air pressure and winds principles -- the water is just being pushed out of it's normal spot.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
No, it is not still empty.
The empty bay is the opposite of a surge.

IF the wind goes away from shore hard enough, it will lower the level, or blow the water offshore, if the wind comes toward the shore hard enough, the offshore water will start to "stack up" at the shore causing a swell/flooding.

The wind direction gets more complicated with a hurricane because as it goes up the shore, it has a rotation. Half the storm is blowing in, while half is blowing out.

edit on 9 by Mandroid7 because: sp cor

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Yeah. It's back. About 6" higher than it should be. It was doing that before the storm.
tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov...

There's been a sort of finger ridge of higher water from the Yucatan to Florida for a while now but it seems to be subsiding.
sealevel.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 9/17/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

The water is gathered from all the hurricanes which lowers it in certain areas. As the winds die down, then the water will come swooshing in causing flooding.

Lol, swooshing water form hurricanes is nothing compared to tides.

Tides flood the coast twice a day. Hurricanes are a few drops in the pond compared to tides.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Earth wobble due to Planet X is doing this. When Brazil had the water recede recently, on the other side of South America there were also very large waves in Chile.

But yes, where did it go? Plate movement may have been involved too ..
edit on 17-9-2017 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Trump obviously used his presidency and the cover of the storm to steal half of the worlds water so he can hydrate the moon in order to set up his new string of lunar trump hotels.

Elon musk and space X, Will start shuttling patrons next week
edit on 17-9-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

And how come all the Great Lakes stay filled? And why doesn't Niagra Falls just STOP?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
New York makes sure to keep the water bills payed .
But the falls did get cut off once when Canada failed to pay there share .

As for the great lakes Lucky i am the only person who knows were the plug is .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join