It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Trying One Last Time to Replace ObamaCare Before the 9.30.2017 Deadline.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
a reply to: carewemust

My insurance is partially paid through my employer. I also have college age kids who I can add to my insurance until they are 26 because of the ACA. And technically, if I were to go back working as a private contractor again, a pre-existing condition would make me virtually uninsurable, under this proposal.

Peace

Your state would most likely set up a single-payer arrangement to insure those who do not qualify for Free-Market health insurance. That's what my state (Illinois) had before ObamaCare. People with heart conditions, bad diabetes, etc., enrolled in the Blue Cross high-risk pool. They paid half the premium, and the federal government paid the other half.

But then again, you may live in a state that doesn't give a damn about its residents. If that's the case, it would take the government's money and spend it on....whatever.

Thanks for sharing your insurance configuration. You want the Federal Government regulating and mandating benefits in the health insurance market. It's a heavy-handed approach that hurts the healthy people, but there are millions of people who want single-payer, regardless of cost.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
President Trump said at a rally tonight that each time a push to repeal-replace ObamaCare fails, he sees it as a boxer who gets knocked down, but will keep on getting up to fight again...like Rocky Balboa.

Personally, I'd like to know if President Trump plans on hastening the end of ACA-ObamaCare by driving away the few health insurers that remain? Or, will he work with Democrats to quickly build the money pool that health insurance companies demand, before they will come back to ObamaCare. 8 out of 10 that participated in ObamaCare in 2013, will not be back for 2018.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
President Trump is unhinged and his comments at that rally were despicable. He's nothing like Rocky. He is an embarrassment and quite possibly a traitor to this country.

Now that that's out of the way,

The reason the Republicans keep going back at repeal is they want the cheddar in health care for their patrons' get richer quicker schemes.

Of course Trump continues to sabotage the ACA. He is an impulsive, re-gifted, label maker.

As for insurance companies, ultimately they operate as they are allowed. We, the people, demanded a higher level of decency in healthcare than purely operating from a for profit motive provides. Hence, the ACA was passed. And yes, there is still significant room for improvement.

Insurance companies are redlining. The dialogue of whether they should stay in the business of healthcare or participate in a single-payor, shared-risk, pool as a cost of doing business, if they want to stay, is long overdue.

The state run model won't work. It didn't work before. And it is set up to fail in this legislation which is an unbridled money grab, in health care clothing.

People literally were held hostage to an employer for health coverage if they develop an illness that could be specifically denied coverage, if they took a new job, before the ACA passed.

Republicans' insane need to repeal the ACA is ridiculous. It was a stupid campaign slogan that only worked before people figured out what was at stake.

This entire effort has been a waste, absolute waste of our government's time.

We have a trifecta and then some of hurricane devastated regions, 1 in 5 children going home not knowing if the family could afford supper that night, a seriously aging infrastructure, tax loopholes out the wazoo (highly technical term) for the richest among us, and a whole host of other priorities and we're taking about how to minimize the liabilty of Timmy's heart surgeries, in standard-issue Republican rhetoric.

Republican policy priorities suck, in my personal opinion.

I appreciate the conversation.

Peace
edit on 23-9-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Trump and Paul may be the only 2 people in DC that don't want government healthcare.

I'm old. I really don't give a sh#t any more. My position allows me and my family quality are now. My children are smart enough to see the writing on the wall and are positioning themselves so that they will have good care if they need it.

It'll be not the utopian dream of socialized medicine, but the actual realities of socialized medicine in the future where money, power, position and authority will get quality care and the state will just treat the rest of the population like tampons.

Use them then throw them away.

I'm not so idealistic to believe that we will ever get government out of US healthcare. We're stuck with it.

My only amusement is that for all those that have hoped and prayed for single-payer, actually get it and realize their mistake.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
My only amusement is that for all those that have hoped and prayed for single-payer, actually get it and realize their mistake.
Like us Canadians? Brits? Aussies? etc, etc?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Good for you! But we're comparing different forms of government.

If we were still a colony, I probably wouldn't know any better and would laud it as well.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

If we were still a colony, I probably wouldn't know any better and would laud it as well.

What's to know? We have Universal Health Care, and you don't. I got cured of cancer for $32 out of pocket. Not bad for a colonial.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It does seem like a crappy bill. I mean if you're going to replace Obama care, shouldn't you do with with something good? or at least better?

We seem to forget that Obama got elected twice on the cornerstone of Healthcare reform. Meaning that people want healthcare reform that works.

It shouldn't be a partisan thing. We elected you to help us and do things for us, so do things that benefit us and don't play the left vs right game. We're all sick of that.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

It's government-run healthcare, regardless.

Be it a republican plan or a democrat plan, it's still government-run healthcare.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I'm glad you're cancer-free.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

It's government-run healthcare, regardless.

Be it a republican plan or a democrat plan, it's still government-run healthcare.

True, but there has to be a way for us to help those that can't afford healthcare. We can't just say, let them die right? When cancer treatment can cost hundreds of thousands, when automobile accidents can cause hundreds of thousands in surgery bills, when whole families can be killed in natural disasters and the children need healthcare, when we retire after the age of 70 and we are the last of our family. Do we just let people suffer and die?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

What we "want", what I "want" is even pointless to discuss any more.

We will get what the government and the insurance companies tell us we're getting.

I've established a living will, personally, because I work in the industry and see where it's going.

I'll die on my terms, thank you.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
FYI...
Changes to the Graham-Cassidy Repeal/Replace bill are ongoing this weekend. Attempting to win back Senators who have said "No" or, are leaning "No".

www.politico.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
CBO "score" on Graham-Cassidy Bill is in. As expected...

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projected Monday that the last-ditch GOP ObamaCare repeal bill would result in "millions" of people losing coverage. 

CBO said the reduction in coverage would happen for three reasons: in Medicaid, because the bill repeals ObamaCare's expansion of Medicaid; in private coverage, because the bill repeals subsidies that help people afford it; and because the mandate to have coverage would be repealed.

The CBO finds that spending under the bill would be $230 billion less from 2020 to 2026 compared to ObamaCare. 

The new block grants to states that the bill creates would help offset the coverage losses, but only partially, CBO found. 
Source: thehill.com...

I'm glad that the CBO didn't attempt to quantify human behavior, as tried to do in past Healthcare predictions. In 2012, the office said that 21 people would be on ObamaCare private insurance by the end of 2017. In actuality, it's more like 9 million. HUGE difference.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The bill has now officially failed.

www.washingtonpost.com... a188-11e7-b14f-f41773cd5a14_story.html?tid=a_breakingnews&hpid=hp_no-name_no-name%3Apage%2Fbreaking-news-bar

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Also AS EXPECTED, Susan Collins of Maine has declared that she is a firm "NO" on the Graham-Cassidy ObamaCare Repeal Replace Bill.

bangordailynews.com...

No surprise, because Susan Collins is the ONLY Republican Senator who has NEVER ONCE voted for ObamaCare repeal...even in 2013, 2014, 2015.

The Graham-Cassidy bill was "sweetened" this weekend to grant Maine a whopping 43% MORE MONEY than the state gets from ObamaCare, but Collins still says NO. A career politician during down hundreds of millions of dollars for her constituents. Refreshing in one way...disgusting in another.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Thank you Sen. Susan Collins!

Waiting for the official death notice on this bill still. It's like a zombie and keeps resurrecting, more grotesque and haphazardly compiled than before.

Kill the partisan bill.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
The bill has now officially failed.

www.washingtonpost.com... a188-11e7-b14f-f41773cd5a14_story.html?tid=a_breakingnews&hpid=hp_no-name_no-name%3Apage%2Fbreaking-news-bar

I get a "page not found" from your link, but that makes sense with so many Republicans now in favor of ObamaCare. Seven years of lying.

Watch CNN tonight at 9pm Eastern, to see why Medicare-4-All is on its way.

heavy.com...

Was supposed to be a big debate over Graham-Cassidy, between Senators Lindsay Graham and Senator Bernie Sanders. But I think it will now be rather one sided!
edit on 9/25/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

What's to know? We have Universal Health Care, and you don't. I got cured of cancer for $32 out of pocket. Not bad for a colonial.

That's becasue you're luckily ruled by a nation of human beings, the US has something else going on

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Sorry, it was a link that ATS didn't like the formatting of.

Here's another link from a different source, everyone has the story now, it just broke a few minutes ago.
www.nytimes.com...

I won't be watching the debate, but I'm not sad to see this bill failing. Lots of that cost decrease you cite is due to even more people losing their health care and dropping out of the system. That's not a good thing,

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join