It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Trying One Last Time to Replace ObamaCare Before the 9.30.2017 Deadline.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Republicans are completely wasting their moment by not pursuing Universal Healthcare. That’s the end goal - it’s what the people want- It’s what we’re going to get eventually and what we’ll love when we have it— someone is going to claim that win in history. Republicans are blowing it by staying on their knees for insurance companies.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

They would rather try and pass a bill that removes the pre existing condition clause. I wonder how long until we argue full blown eugenics again.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Yep - for them it’s “repeal Obamacare” and suck the D of insurance companies. They have zero absolute no thought toward an actual improved healthcare plan. It’s all sucking the insurance D.

So Republicans will sh*t the bed and as usual Democrats and liberals will come along and make those moments in history that matter.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
President Obama took a break from his multimillion-dollar speaking tour today to beg the Senate not to get rid of his wonderful Obamacare.

He reminds me of a relative who only calls when he wants something.
edit on 9/20/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
President Obama took a break from his multimillion-dollar speaking tour today to beg the Senate not to get rid of his wonderful Obamacare.

Do I recall correctly that you work in the insurance industry? Might that constitute a source of bias on the subject?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Do I recall correctly that you work in the insurance industry? Might that constitute a source of bias on the subject?

The insurance industry is saying this bill will ruin a lot of peoples health care.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

The insurance industry is saying this bill will ruin a lot of peoples health care.

Any way you cut it, it's a cluster#. All I can say is...

Why don't y'all?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The GOP/Republican policy agenda sucks. It really, really just sucks, for everyone (except the already rich. ) I can't believe we have to fight this again. People have figured out that REPEAL is code for "We don't care what happens to your health. Only the rich get to be healthy."

One good thing is coming from all this, clarity for all on how awful the Republican agenda really is...on just about every topic.

Please, let this moronic GOP Hail Mary, lacking all grace, fail...again.

edit on 20-9-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Yes..the insurance industry has been my bread-n-butter since 1986. But health insurance is only a part of it. I shift with the trends at the moment. Right now, Over Age-65 is the most lucrative market.

Middle/Upper-Middle class people were screwed over big-time by the Obama administration...but they are slowly recovering.

Tax-Cuts and ObamaCare repeal/replace will help almost everyone in the middle/upper-middle class. The wealthy will always be OK.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Yes..the insurance industry has been my bread-n-butter since 1986. But health insurance is only a part of it. I shift with the trends at the moment. Right now, Over Age-65 is the most lucrative market.
Middle/Upper-Middle class people were screwed over big-time by the Obama administration...but they are slowly recovering.
Tax-Cuts and ObamaCare repeal/replace will help almost everyone in the middle/upper-middle class. The wealthy will always be OK.
...and that very large percentage of Americans whose livelihood is currently precarious? The working poor? Those with preexisting conditions? What about them? Cuz here it's not an issue. Why should it be for you?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The health insurance industry is raking in BIG TAXAPAYER BUCKS from ObamaCare's MEDICAID Expansion. RECORD profits that more than offset the losses they're taking in the market where people BUY their own health insurance. (A staggering 90% of health insurance companies will be completely OUT of that market at 12:01am on 1/1/2018)

Losing the MEDICAID golden-goose is why they are against anything that trims those dollars.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

...and that very large percentage of Americans whose livelihood is currently precarious? The working poor? Those with preexisting conditions? What about them? Cuz here it's not an issue. Why should it be for you?

Each state will determine the parameters that Insurance Companies must abide by. Just like it was before ObamaCare was signed into law on 3.23.2010.

Texas had very inexpensive health insurance because the state imposed very few mandates on health insurers doing business there.

New York had the most expensive health insurance, because the state included almost as many mandates as ObamaCare does today. (Sadly, New York premiums still went up 50% from 2013-2017, due to all the ObamaCare taxes and red tape.)

Most states in the U.S. were in between those two extremes.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Each state will determine the parameters that Insurance Companies must abide by. Just like it was before ObamaCare was signed into law on 3.23.2010.

Texas had very inexpensive health insurance because the state imposed very few mandates on health insurers doing business there.

New York had the most expensive health insurance, because the state included almost as many mandates as ObamaCare does today. (Sadly, New York premiums still went up 50% from 2013-2017, due to all the ObamaCare taxes and red tape.)

Most states in the U.S. were in between those two extremes.

So ditch the insurance companies, drop the price of heathcare and get everybody covered.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Why don't y'all?

Because we have this insane notion that
1. Health Insurance is a sustainable concept.
2. Replacing health insurance in any form, destroys the free market.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Middle class is officially defined as 50-200% of the median income. So the cutoff for middle class is $26k/year. The below middle class folks make up 34% of US income by default. That's 110 million people that get hurt. Saying it works for the middle class so it must be ok (an opinion that's still up for debate, considering CBO scoring is still weeks away), is simply dismissing 1/3 of the population.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Losing the MEDICAID golden-goose is why they are against anything that trims those dollars.

This bill, given current estimates, takes $215 billion dollars away from states that did expand, and gives it to states that didn't.

Why is that ok?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

This bill, given current estimates, takes $215 billion dollars away from states that did expand, and gives it to states that didn't.

Why is that ok?

ObamaCare was all about redistribution of wealth from the HAVES to the HAVE NOTS. You should be OK with "more of the same", LOL.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

How did it redistribute? Any state could choose to expand medicaid and have it funded. If every state did that, there would be no redistribution. Instead what happened, is some states chose not to expand, and have since tried several bills to get the expansion money while simultaneously denying it to those that went along with the ACA.

It's despicable is what it is.

Edit, this is the type of support this bill is getting:

“You know, I could maybe give you 10 reasons why this bill shouldn’t be considered,” Grassley said. “But Republicans campaigned on this so often that you have a responsibility to carry out what you said in the campaign. That’s pretty much as much of a reason as the substance of the bill.”

The people who are already going to vote for it, say it's bad, and they know it's bad, but they just want to pass something because they campaigned on repeal and replace, not improving the status quo.
edit on 20-9-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Good luck with this one right wing cultists. You know this will never pass, but you have to appease your right wing overlords such as the Mercers and Koch brothers and make it look like you are trying. After all, what good is the republican party if it doesn't do the bidding of the few that want massive tax cuts at the expense of everyone else.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
...Universal Healthcare. That’s the end goal - it’s what the people want- It’s what we’re going to get eventually and what we’ll love when we have it— ...

No. We. Don't.

I don't understand at all those who think universal care is some magic and wondrous thing that will make healthcare better AND affordable?

Instead of ever rising premiums and deductibles, you'll have ever rising taxes, deductibles and copays.
Which people like me still won't be able to afford.

Least folks now can opt out and pay the penalty.

Unless MSM and the Drug Mafia contain costs, things will get worse.
When has the federal government ever done anything efficiently??

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join