It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-year-old biracial boy was hung from rope by N.H. teenagers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Good, I'm glad to hear that.

Of course they are, but of far more influence is their home life. That is where their attitudes are formed, they'll be attracted to the cultural influences that most reflect that home life. That's, of course, my opinion on it.

My attitudes towards people wasn't influenced much by pop culture--certainly not to the same degree that my parents influenced it. Except Tom Selleck...my life long love of Ferrari 308's can be directly traced back to teen age years watching him drive that car on Magnum.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
This happened 2 weeks ago.

And today the headlines are all over the place.

Hmmm

So far in 2017, Chicago has seen 129 children, age 16 and under, shot, with 29 of them dying. No headlines at all in local media. BLM, NAACP, Urban League, Jackson, Sharpton, XXXRappers, Obama....ignoring it all. That is more than tragic!

Age 16 and Under - Chicago Shooting Tracker: apps.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: sine.nomine
a reply to: seagull

Of course I can tell the difference. But are you going to tell me children and teenagers aren't influenced by pop culture?

No one was harmed in X's video. It's entertainment, like a movie.

This boy was actually hung.

There's a big difference.

Right. There is. Did you read my post you quoted? I'm not saying one is better or worse than the other, I'm saying it's all vile. And kids are impressionable. And adults are acting stupid.

Yes, I did. Trying to equate them is implying they are equal, when they clearly aren't. One is without a doubt worse than the other.

Unless you think people being shot in movies is the same as people being shot in real life, and just as damaging.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That makes it kind of up to us then, doesn't it?

We need to make the noise if no one is going to.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Good, I'm glad to hear that.

Of course they are, but of far more influence is their home life. That is where their attitudes are formed, they'll be attracted to the cultural influences that most reflect that home life. That's, of course, my opinion on it.

My attitudes towards people wasn't influenced much by pop culture--certainly not to the same degree that my parents influenced it. Except Tom Selleck...my life long love of Ferrari 308's can be directly traced back to teen age years watching him drive that car on Magnum.

I agree. But the home life can be affected by the overall culture as well. All I'm saying is this crap needs to stop. Everyone is paying to much attention to the filth in the fringes of society.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

a reply to: silo13

What do we do?

Society comes down on these little savages like the proverbial wrath of God from the Old Testament.

Frankly, these little bastards need to be taught a lesson--one I'd personally be willing to teach 'em. I despise bullies. I despise cowards--these jackholes are both.

These aren't misunderstood youth who stole a twinkie, or a soda...these little savages tried to murder another kid.

Pardon the pun, but it's time and past for the kid-gloves to come off.

I can't believe I read this part:

Claremont authorities have said they are investigating the attack but did not comment on specific details of the case because it involves juveniles. "These people need to be protected," Claremont Police Chief Mark Chase said of the teenagers accused of hanging the boy. "Mistakes they make as a young child should not have to follow them for the rest of their life."

Apparently we're just going to make sure they're comfortable and protected. After all, it was just an innocent mistake.

Jesus

edit on 13-9-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
As mentioned the sheriff was stern on not having the details be known. It was basically hushed up outside of the area.

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: xuenchen
This happened 2 weeks ago.

And today the headlines are all over the place.

Hmmm

So far in 2017, Chicago has seen 129 children, age 16 and under, shot, with 29 of them dying. No headlines at all in local media. BLM, NAACP, Urban League, Jackson, Sharpton, XXXRappers, Obama....ignoring it all. That is more than tragic!

Age 16 and Under - Chicago Shooting Tracker: apps.chicagotribune.com...

Why do you guys move the goals back to that all the time? Is this attempted murder against the boy not important? As to why this is happening in small towns? Inner city violence happens for various reasons. It's not as ignored as most here think it is.

Hate crime related, especially against children, is another concern, often gone non addressed. Or at least for a time, going ignored until outcry happens:
"White football player accused of raping black, disabled team-mate avoids prison"

The victim’s family filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against the high school and school officials, claiming that the school had failed to protect the student from a campaign of racial harassment by other students that culminated in the sexual assault.

The victim was called racial epithets such as “watermelon”, “chicken-eater”, and “n#”, and Howard taunted the victim with a “Ku Klux Klan” song, the lawsuit alleged.
Source-language note
Source

The civil complaint filed in the U.S. District Court in Idaho also claims that one of the students charged with sexual assault displayed a Confederate flag and demanded the victim recite a racist song titled “Notorious KKK.”

edit on 13-9-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

What do we do?

Society comes down on these little savages like the proverbial wrath of God from the Old Testament.

Frankly, these little bastards need to be taught a lesson--one I'd personally be willing to teach 'em. I despise bullies. I despise cowards--these jackholes are both.

These aren't misunderstood youth who stole a twinkie, or a soda...these little savages tried to murder another kid.

Pardon the pun, but it's time and past for the kid-gloves to come off.

Do I agree? YES!

Then we end up in prison.

So what's the nice little go-between?

Besides shoot, shovel and shut up?

peace

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Oh you'd be willing to teach these kids a lesson personally?

Our justice system can handle it just fine, we don't need people who foam at the mouth daydreaming of child abuse being anywhere near any children no matter what crimes they are accused of.

In fact, I'm worried for any children being anywhere near someone who talks that way.

You better clean this up. You are crossing a very sacred line. Repent.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

But the home life can be affected by the overall culture as well. All I'm saying is this crap needs to stop. Everyone is paying to much attention to the filth in the fringes of society.

Yes, it can be. Now maybe I'm missing something here, because when I was this age, and younger, my culture were my friends, our bicycles, basketball courts/baseball diamonds, and being outside 'til it was too dark to see. We weren't inside watching TV or playing video games--video games were down at the arcade--and oddly enough, half the time we ended up going elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, we got into our fair share of trouble, but it sure as Hell didn't include attempted murder.

So maybe my views on the influence of pop culture are a bit skewed? I don't think so, but possible.

...and, yes, this crap needs to stop. On that we're in lockstep, my friend.
edit on 9/13/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

so because the blacks are killing other blacks in chicago....
it's okay to lynch black kids???

so, how many of the killers were arrested and sent away probably for a much longer period of time than their murdering white counterparts???

want to know what it took two weeks for this to hit the headlines??? more then likely it's because the police were keeping it under wraps, to protect the white boys... heck I first heard about it from a young turks video a few days ago, and when I went to find the story there were only I think four links I found and most of them were geared toward the black community. like bet.com, the root, and the vibe... it was the mother who brought this story to light, through social media...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Stop allowing media and politics to control your emotions and never accept violence of any form as a solution to our problems.

We must use our minds and be rational.

There is no go between.
We respect life - even that of a killers.
Otherwise you are the newest monster.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Oh you'd be willing to teach these kids a lesson personally?

Our justice system can handle it just fine

Really? LOL.

In fact, I'm worried for any children being anywhere near someone who talks that way.

Why? Because someone might smack their asses right into reality?

Or, would you rather it's pabulum and pharmaceuticals to 'heal them' instead of good guidance and swift kick in the ass when they are - asses?

You better clean this up. You are crossing a very sacred line. Repent.

'Sacred line?' Of what?
You've got to be kidding me!
Who 'crossed the line' first?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Yes, frankly I would. These little rapscallions attempted murder in a rather brutal fashion. Should they not be taught that this is not acceptable? Do you think a jail term is going to serve that lesson up to them? Care to make a wager on where those little brats will end up inside? Assuming for the moment they're not put into protective custody, and kept out of general population.

The White Supremacist gangs inside the prison is where they'll end up.

A lesson taught doesn't necessarily have to end in them dying...I may be angry, but I ain't that angry. If that's what you're thinking I meant, that would make me no better than them.

A lesson taught may include the adage that there is always a bigger dog--always.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I don't care who crossed lines "first".

Everyone who crosses the line is guilty.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

That makes it kind of up to us then, doesn't it?

We need to make the noise if no one is going to.

If police start putting the killers in jail, parents in the "hood" will start to care more about what their sons/daughters are doing after school.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

missed this little gem...

You go right ahead and worry. Needlessly as it turns out, as the next child I endanger, as you imply, will be the first. So, in a phrase, sunshine, bugger off.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Wanna open the flood gates to hell?

Trust me, Cerberus is the biggest dog of all and he don't care who is who and he certainly isn't interested in excuses.

link   

Yes, frankly I would. These little rapscallions attempted murder in a rather brutal fashion. Should they not be taught that this is not acceptable? Do you think a jail term is going to serve that lesson up to them? Care to make a wager on where those little brats will end up inside? Assuming for the moment they're not put into protective custody, and kept out of general population.

The White Supremacist gangs inside the prison is where they'll end up.

A lesson taught doesn't necessarily have to end in them dying...I may be angry, but I ain't that angry. If that's what you're thinking I meant, that would make me no better than them.

A lesson taught may include the adage that there is always a bigger dog--always.

I say teach the criminals a lesson, AND make an example of them that might deter other would-be criminals.

link   

N/M.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join