It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-year-old biracial boy was hung from rope by N.H. teenagers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: pavil

was that post directed at any gov't entity?? no it was not, it was directed at the people on these boards..
I know danged well I can't change anyone else, only life by my own words, and well... ask others to try to live in a way that would be a good model for the kids that they come in contact with...
ya know freedom of speech and all that!!!

My point stands. There always has been and quite probably, always will be people and events like this. Some here seem froth at the mouth wanting Vengence rather than Justice, I find that disturbing as well. It leads to darker and darker places.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

you want kids age 14 and under to be charged as adults???

they're not adults!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: muzzleflash

No one has any facts. But they sure have a hell a lot of crazy emotions.

I see you're a fellow club member.

I'm not in any clubs.

I'm just an American citizen that takes his duty to preserve civil rights seriously.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

was that post directed at any gov't entity?? no it was not, it was directed at the people on these boards..
I know danged well I can't change anyone else, only life by my own words, and well... ask others to try to live in a way that would be a good model for the kids that they come in contact with...
ya know freedom of speech and all that!!!

My point stands. There always has been and quite probably, always will be people and events like this. Some here seem froth at the mouth wanting Vengence rather than Justice, I find that disturbing as well. It leads to darker and darker places.

It's the road paved to Hell.
We aren't there yet, but we're on our way.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

they're not adults!!!

Might as well charge all kids as adults huh?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

and... I will be on these boards probably till the day I die trying to reason with such people....

would you rather I go try to reason with that thing we call a gov't. I admit that both are about as ineffectual, but I've learned when I talk to them, they seem to twist my words and use them to justify doing the exact opposite of what I am hoping they will do...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

do they make child sized electric chairs???

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

they're not adults!!!

Maybe just the murderous ones? Are you of the belief that hanging a child is not a heinous crime? Is this just kids clowning around? Pft!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Did you happen to see the quote from the Chief? His statement was not about avoiding mob rule, it was about trying to shield the preps from real consequences

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

It sounds more like the standard, "we don't give out the names of Juveniles charged with crimes". I see that happen all the time. You are making it into more then that.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

ya, but it sounds like they are trying to keep the whole event hidden though...
not just the names of the kids.

link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow

they're not adults!!!

Maybe just the murderous ones? Are you of the belief that hanging a child is not a heinous crime? Is this just kids clowning around? Pft!

We elect representatives to Congress to legislate law.

It's too late to change the law now, because of the Ex Post Facto doctrine.

If you believe the law ought to be changed, you are welcome to lobby your representatives as you see fit.

link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Do whatever you want, you are correct. Not going to change things much. Let the details of the case come out. Not sure if even those will be released. Cases with Juveniles shield everyone involved from what I've seen in the news, unless they get tried as adults, which seems remote from what details we know.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

ya, but it sounds like they are trying to keep the whole event hidden though...
not just the names of the kids.

Because this situation breeds more violence.

Everyone wants blood, and political tensions are at a high currently.

This isn't the best time to throw more gasoline on the fire.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Yes. The actual facts wouldn't be released by the police or DA before any trials. That's standard operating procedure. You'd have to show me proof of a coverup and I haven't heard that.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow

Did you happen to see the quote from the Chief? His statement was not about avoiding mob rule, it was about trying to shield the preps from real consequences

He was shielding the kids from the mob.

It's then up to the District Attorney what types of charges are to be pursued (based on what is already filed most likely) and what types of punishment they want to see administered.

Then it's ultimately up to the judge how to interpret the law and the evidence against these kids, and their level of guilt, and finally what sentence they will serve as a result of those determinations.
edit on 9/13/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

What a ridiculous statement... children are charged as adults with regularity in heinous offenses. Thank goodness such offenses are not necessarily regular

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Yes. The actual facts wouldn't be released by the police or DA before any trials.

since when?? I've seen a lot of stories where at least some of the details were given but the names were withheld because of the age of the kids involved.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Yes. The actual facts wouldn't be released by the police or DA before any trials. That's standard operating procedure. You'd have to show me proof of a coverup and I haven't heard that.

Well think about it.

What if the accused were your kids?

Would you want a thousand angry people anywhere near them?
Or would you demand the police keep them safely within their protective custody?

And what if someone beat your kid to death based on these accusations before a trial ever even happened?
What would you want to do to that person?

We're just bystanders here.
We instituted this government specifically to ensure that justice *might* be possible.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

umm.. the first decision will be weather they should be considered minors or adults..
I think they will be considered minors, at least I am kind of hoping they will be...
that will determine what process is taken thereafter. if they are minors, I think, more than likely social service and family courts will be involved. but I could be wrong.
they are a whole different bird than criminal courts.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join