It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare now Northerners. Jose is coming your way

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I made chili and corn bread last night

Damm That sounds really good.. I think I will start some chili. I should be eating by midnight.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It's just waiting off the coast spinning for a week...

Basically it is waiting a week so to strike on SEPTEMBER 23...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: butcherguy

Yeah deep breaths. You're right. I shouldn't let such idiots bother me.
I have a WAWA right down the street. Who needs Zeros. . ...
If there was a joke in there I didn't get forgive me.

You calling me an idiot now?

Hold your breath, perhaps.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Why did you say what you did? What was I wrong about "every time"?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The latest report has Jose as a very weak hurricane just above tropical storm strength that is forecast to move first west and then northwest then north off of the coast. It will give us some waves and a rip current but it's not looking like a threat to the U.S. as a land falling hurricane.

The Atlantic is lit up like a Christmas tree right now with several tropical waves between here and the African cape Verde islands and in the western Caribbean and gulf of Mexico.

000 AXNT20 KNHC 141039 TWDAT Tropical Weather Discussion NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL 639 AM EDT Thu Sep 14 2017 Tropical Weather Discussion for North America, Central America Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean Sea, northern sections of South America, and Atlantic Ocean to the African coast from the Equator to 32N. The following information is based on satellite imagery, weather observations, radar and meteorological analysis. Based on 0600 UTC surface analysis and satellite imagery through 1100 UTC. ...SPECIAL FEATURES... At 14/0900 UTC, the center of Hurricane Jose is around 440 nm SSW of Bermuda near 25.1N 66.5W, moving W at 3 kt. The estimated minimum central pressure is 986 mb. The maximum sustained winds are now 65 kt with gusts to 80 kt. Numerous moderate and scattered strong convection is present in the SE semicircle within 150 nm and in the NW semicircle within 60 nm. Jose is expected to move slowly and gradually turn NW through Friday night, then turn toward the north on Saturday. Please read the latest NHC Forecast/Advisory under AWIPS/WMO headers MIATCMAT2/WTNT22 KNHC for more details. ...TROPICAL WAVES... A tropical wave moving westward off the coast of Africa has an axis extending from 14N15W to 06N21W, moving west around 15 kt. This wave coincides with pronounced troughing in 700 mb model wind fields. TPW satellite imagery indicates the wave is embedded in a large area of deep-layer moisture. Scattered moderate and isolated strong convection is observed from 06N to 14N between 18W and 25W. A tropical wave over the eastern Atlantic has an axis extending from 17N31W to a 1012 mb low centered near 08N33W to 03N33W, moving west at around 20 kt. This wave coincides with modest troughing in 700 mb model wind fields. TPW satellite imagery indicates the wave is embedded in a large area of deep-layer moisture. Scattered moderate and isolated strong convection is observed from 03N to 13N between 30W and 39W. A tropical wave over the central Atlantic has an axis extending from 18N44W to 10N53W, moving west at 5 to 10 kt. Troughing in initial model 700 mb wind fields associated with this wave has become weak and oriented from SW to NE due to interaction with a sharp mid to upper-level trough just to the NW of the wave. TPW satellite imagery indicates the wave is embedded in an area of modest deep-layer moisture. There is no significant convection currently associated with this wave. Previous interaction with the tropical wave and upper-level trough has caused the development of a surface trough extending from 30N38W to 20N43W. Scattered moderate and isolated strong convection is present from 24N to 27N between 34W and 38W. A tropical wave over the eastern Caribbean has an axis extending from 18N68W to 11N71W, moving west around 5 kt. This wave coincides with pronounced troughing in initial model 700 mb wind fields. TPW satellite imagery indicates the wave is embedded in modest deep-layer moisture. Only a few isolated thunderstorms just north of the Gulf of Venezuela are currently associated with this wave, possibly due to convergent upper-level winds in ridging to the south of Hurricane Jose. ...ITCZ/MONSOON TROUGH... The monsoon trough extends west from Senegal on the African coast near 14N17W to 10N22W to low pres 1012 mb centered near 08N33W to 06N38W. The ITCZ continues from 06N38W to 05N43W to 08N53W. Aside from the convection related to the tropical waves and surface low over the eastern Atlantic, isolated showers and thunderstorms are seen within 60 nm either side of a line from 04N43W to 08N52W to 10N59W. ...DISCUSSION... GULF OF MEXICO... Weak ridging extending westward from the Atlantic over the northern Gulf is promoting a light to gentle wind regime over the basin. Weak surface roughing over the Yucatan Peninsula is expected to lose identity as the morning progresses. The only significant deep convection present is associated with an upper- level disturbance translating northeastward across the Gulf. Convection associated with this upper-level feature is taking place over the NE Gulf from 23N to 27N between 85W and 90W. Otherwise, upper-level convergence in place over the Gulf to the east of a pronounced mid to upper- level trough over Texas and Mexico is inhibiting deep convection. This relatively tranquil pattern is expected to remain in place for the next few days. CARIBBEAN SEA... A tropical wave crosses the central Caribbean from northern Colombia to the Dominican Republic. Please refer to the tropical waves section above for details. A weak ridge passes south of Jose from just north of the Lesser Antilles over Hispaniola to the northwestern Bahamas. Winds across much of the Caribbean remain in the gentle to moderate range due to the weakened pressure gradient. These winds will pick up to fresh speeds from east to west as the tropical wave moves west.

edit on 9142017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

a reply to: Diabolical1972

I just did. It's going to loop around and head out to sea.
How does it hit Virginia and Maryland but not Delaware then hit New Jersey and Massachusetts and New Hampshire but miss New York and Connecticut?

I just clicked on Sep 19th and the storm is sitting right off the coast of VA, MD, PA and DE. By the 20th it is at New York. Now I don't necessarily believe in a forecast predicting next week, but that's right where I live so I'm going to keep an eye on it.

Though the two storms hitting China and Vietnam right now look really intense.
edit on 14-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Bah, looks like its going towards ME now. We might get some of it. I hope we do. I need my pool filled.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Japan is going to get hammered again.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

But off the coast.. by a few hundred miles. You're in N.Y.?
Where in N.Y.?
I'm originally from long island. Babylon.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

But off the coast.. by a few hundred miles. You're in N.Y.?
Where in N.Y.?
I'm originally from long island. Babylon.

I'm in PA.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I don't mind the wild weather and people in fear of their lives. It's the loss of power and cable TV that vexes me.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
has anyone brought this up???

H.R.3732 - Emergency Aid to American Survivors of Hurricanes Irma and Jose Overseas Act

www.congress.gov...

This bill amends title XI (General Provisions) of the Social Security Act to increase, from $1 million to $25 million, the maximum amount of temporary assistance that may be provided annually in FY2017-FY2018. ("Temporary assistance" refers to money payments, temporary lodging, transportation, and other goods and services necessary for the health and welfare of U.S. citizens and their dependents who return from a foreign country due to a crisis and are without available resources.)

do these guys know something about Jose that we don't?? and, an increase from one million to 25??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join