It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Wing Russian Pawns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

CALEXIT was Russia messing with the LEFT...

Russia works BOTH sides.

It just seems like the LEFT is actually aware enough to care.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Yeah I remember hearing about calexit being connected to a Russian Oligarch on a podcast I was listening to some months back.
I mean if Russia is playing a game of psychological warfare on the US they probably don't give a hoot about supporting one party over the other.
They probably just see them as pawns to be used for a goal.
If the goal is to destabilise us through division and undermine faith in US democracy then I would say they are doing a pretty good job.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The Russian modus operandi in regards to cyber infiltration is and has been well documented for a few a few years now.
Right wing discontent was just an open door the Russians walked through. It's unfortunate that those on the right would eschew their own form of governance so quickly in favor of Russian propaganda.

This isn't to say that the U.S. doesn't have problems. Wealth inequality, foreign intervention, and mass cyber collections are just a few of the issues that cross partisan lines. However, I don't need the Russians to tell me that, and I prefer to keep our spats in house. The Russians are no friend of mine or any other American for that matter. Just like NATO expansion east, Russia's cyber intrusion is a hostile act, and should be viewed and treated as such.

Check out this analysis from the Naval Postgraduate School in mid 2015, well before the 2016 election..... People knew how the Russians were operating in the cyber environment.

All political warfare is diplomatic in nature in that it aims to affect the foreign or domestic policies of its target. The distinction of Soviet diplomatic PW in the is that it attacks the existing political structure through direct manipulation. This is done by infiltration of the target’s political system, and covert and overt support for elements of that system such as political parties, with money, resources, and intelligence. Other activities include bribes or coercion of officials, and international diplomatic pressure constructed through the careful arrangement of allies, multinational blocs, or extra-governmental organizations.

Russia also employed cyber war and information operations in support of conventional operations to great effect during the conflict. “The Russian cyber campaign attacked a total of 38 Georgian and Western websites upon the outbreak of the war, including those of the Georgian President, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the National Bank, the Parliament, the Supreme Court, and the U.S. and United Kingdom (UK)
embassies in Georgia.”542

Source

It's a long but interesting analysis. Well worth the read if one has the time. Some of the propaganda Russia is pushing being true in nature and some being outright false up to Alex Jones proportions.

It appears to fit snugly with what we seem to know so far. Now whether Trump was directly involved or not I cannot say as I'm not privy to what the current investigations have uncovered, but it's pretty clear the Russians had their fingers in the cookie jar.

edit on 12-9-2017 by GD21D because: Quoted External Source Format

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Comming from a totally liberal rag,it is like anything else you libtards come up with,they include everything but truth and fact,what a waste of time

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
Comming from a totally liberal rag,it is like anything else you libtards come up with,they include everything but truth and fact,what a waste of time

so russia did not use facebook as the opening post states, nice of you to provide evidence there.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Shuttered Facebook group that organized anti-Clinton, anti-immigrant rallies across Texas was linked to Russia

"A lot of different people are working on the Russian active-measures problem from a lot of different directions, and they all consistently find examples of the same general content being promoted: highly divisive anti-immigrant and anti-refugee rhetoric and activity," said JM Berger, an expert on extremism and influence operations who helped build a digital platform called Hamilton 68 that tracks Russian propaganda in real time.

"At this point, we have a lot of independent sources pointing to the same conclusion," Berger said.

Laura Rosenberger, the director of the German Marshall Fund's Alliance for Securing Democracy, said Heart of Texas' efforts "shows that the Russian effort to influence our election may have had even more elements than previous reports indicated."

*ahem* again...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Just a FEW years ago on ATS people would be all over this...I mean PSYOPS?!

Go figure...a REAL, honest-to-god conspiracy and it's totally dismissed...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
Just a FEW years ago on ATS people would be all over this...I mean PSYOPS?!

Go figure...a REAL, honest-to-god conspiracy and it's totally dismissed...

it's both puzzling and concerning.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Who would willingly want to admit to being DUPED...?

That's the ONLY theory I have...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join