It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Wing Russian Pawns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I like Russian Prawns.

With ketchup.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

It's ironic because historically The Soviet Union did the same to the left-wing, and it went on for at least half a century. Maybe they are trying to balance the scales.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It's ironic because historically The Soviet Union did the same to the left-wing, and it went on for at least half a century. Maybe they are trying to balance the scales.

i'm sure they'll use whoever is making themselves seem useful.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
You must not pay attention.

Even the creators of the narrative were caught on camera saying it is nothing but fabrication.

i guess nobody told the team of special prosecutors, or the russian companies buying facebook ads for anti-immigrant rallies.

or, you know, you could show your work and we could discuss the particular merits and flaws of it?

link   

Russia do not have right and left..

They have logic

link   

originally posted by: dothedew
Look....... Facebook has attacked and demonized ANYONE who is against liberal agenda and narrative. Pages, communities, profiles are systematically removed left and right for sharing anything that goes too far against their viewpoint.

Rightwing news sources are considered "fake news" by them, shut down, banned. speaking in a non P.C. way can cause you to be shut down, with reports and examples everywhere of the left being able to threaten, post fake stories, etc without repercussion.

Don't take anything Facebook, its spokespeople, or anyone affiliated with them has to say, seriously. Looking at their rabid censorship and hypocrisy, they are about as reliable as infowars.com

an actual rebuttal of the premise in the OP. Shame nobody seems to want to pay attention to it.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I'm fairly certain that "general conspiracies" is the correct forum for a post that advances the idea that Russia is using social media to foment unrest within the US.

"General" being defined as: considering or including the main features or elements of something, and disregarding exceptions; overall.

"Conspiracy" being defined as: a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

Yep. It's an 'inside job'.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The Russians don't care who it is, as long as there is the illusion they somehow have power in our country.

They aren't even in the top ten economies in the world and we act like they are our greatest threat.

Never mind the fact we still work together with space exploration, or terrorism (which is more of a threat to Russia than us).

Russia isn't in a position to have much sway at the moment. So the best they can do is with propaganda.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

You must not pay attention.

Even the creators of the narrative were caught on camera saying it is nothing but fabrication.

i guess nobody told the team of special prosecutors, or the russian companies buying facebook ads for anti-immigrant rallies.

or, you know, you could show your work and we could discuss the particular merits and flaws of it?

Please tell me when and where these "anti immigration rallies" have occurred because I do not believe any have taken place in the US since Trump was elected.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

an actual rebuttal of the premise in the OP. Shame nobody seems to want to pay attention to it.

i stopped giving it credence when i got to the part about being shut down for not being PC, because in my experience people on facebook can be vilely racist, anti-gay, and what have you and never get shut down no matter how much they get reported.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Please tell me when and where these "anti immigration rallies" have occurred because I do not believe any have taken place in the US since Trump was elected.

i'd like to refer you back to the link in the OP to start, and then ask why you consider before or after the election to be of particular significance? this post is about russia stoking division in the US, not about trump in particular.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

i'd like to refer you back to the link in the OP to start, and then ask why you consider before or after the election to be of particular significance? this post is about russia stoking division in the US, not about trump in particular.

Because "anti-immigration rallies" are not a thing in the US and haven't been for decades.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I think it's six of one, half dozen of the other with Facebook. Don't necessarily think it's hyper-leftist in it's enforcement of "community rules," I think it's more "community moderators don't enforce guidelines and rules equally at all times."

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Nope, it`s just you.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Because "anti-immigration rallies" are not a thing in the US and haven't been for decades.

...wow, who's not paying attention now?

let me google that for you

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Note also that this activity is always described as "meddling in American democracy", "Russian propaganda", or "shaping American minds", but in reality it is nothing more than your basic social media usage.

link   

I think it's six of one, half dozen of the other with Facebook. Don't necessarily think it's hyper-leftist in it's enforcement of "community rules," I think it's more "community moderators don't enforce guidelines and rules equally at all times."

fair enough. i see no reason to jump out the gate calling this fake news, though... unless someone is that firmly wedded to the no puppet, no puppet, you're the puppet theorem.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

but in reality it is nothing more than your basic social media usage.

oh come on.... concentrated effort by multiple actors working in cooperation with each other, with the same talking points, across multiple platforms, to influence political thought in another country entirely...

...and that qualifies, to you, as basic social media usage?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

...wow, who's not paying attention now?

let me google that for you

I guess any rally by people who have opposing views to you are considered "anti-immigration rallies".

In actuality i would bet that 99% of those rallies are against ILLEGAL immigration but don't let that fact change your narrative.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Yawn. I can just as easily create an event in Russia and spend a few dollars to promote it. It doesn't mean Americans are behind some plot to get people to waste their precious time. If anyone is behind this it's Facebook for allowing it to happen. So, apparently Zuckerberg colluded with the Russians, eh?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join