It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anunnaki Gave Ancient Mesopotamian Rulers Advanced Weapons

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: rickymouse

Sitchin did not really have any idea what he was talking about. Do you have any reason to believe him?

Phage, as much as I do appreciate your thoughts and your sensibilities...you omitted the words "In my opinion" at the beginning of your reply.

It's not just his opinion though. Are you really trying to claim that an economist who didn't study Assyriology made more accurate translations of cuneiform than Kramer or von Soden? Just because anyone can download the University of Chicago's 21 volume Assyrian Dictionary (Based heavily on von Soden's work) doesn't mean they are going to give the most accurate translations.

Not at all...but, if more people started their debunking statements with "In my opinion..." then perhaps we would not have the level of sniping, back-biting and downright rudeness we currently enjoy on this site. As I said, I respect Phage and his opinions, of which, we are all entitled to.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: growler

Yes, yes, it would.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

Where is the evidence for this?

A technologically advanced society is going to leave all manner of trash everywhere. Where is it? We're talking trash that has a lifespan of thousands of years, if not longer, in some cases.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: growler
if an alien travelled light years to visit and the only gift they gave us was a weapon wouldn't that make them a bit of a dick?

Yes it would

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: TheMadTitan

Where is the evidence for this?

A technologically advanced society is going to leave all manner of trash everywhere. Where is it? We're talking trash that has a lifespan of thousands of years, if not longer, in some cases.

Not only that, but we DO see the residue of human civilization dating back 30 K, 50K, and even 100K years, and none of that shows an advanced civilization existed.

I mean, if signs of the NON-advanced civilization can be found in the archeological record, doesn't it seem logical that a civilization even more advanced that us would show up in that record?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

It'd be kinda cool if something like that turned up, don't get me wrong... But there's no supporting evidence for it, but there's always tomorrow!!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

It'd be kinda cool if something like that turned up, don't get me wrong... But there's no supporting evidence for it, but there's always tomorrow!!

if they were advanced enough they could had destroyed all evidence of their being here if they just left.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

if they were advanced enough they could had destroyed all evidence of their being here if they just left.

Yeah -- Something like Carl Sagan's "Dragon in my Garage" or "Russell's Teapot".

In the spirit of Sagan's Dragon and Russell's teapot, this argument for a super-advanced ancient civilization goes something like this:

"That unknown ancient civilization MUST have been incredibly advanced because how else could they have erased any evidence of their existence."

I mean, prove that they didn't exist!

edit on 12/9/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
a reply to: one4all

How about we keep open minds and extrapolate.....

Well ATS used to be like that (openminded) but now ??

Explaining todays reality not that difficult , but explaining it to others a different game. Most people are quite happy in their little thought cubicle following MSM and believing everything science tells them.

Eventually every evidence can be denied ,(what the heck does that even mean 'evidence' ?). And if the evidence cannot be denied any further people get discredited , people move along ignorant of what is obvious 'there is another civilization on earth'.

Spoken as one that TRULY doesn't have a clue of what constitutes evidence.

Harte

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhereAmEYE
a reply to: Phage

No, he did not "invent" Nibiru...

Nibiru (also transliterated Neberu, Nebiru) is a term in the Akkadian language, translating to "crossing" or "point of transition", especially of rivers,[1] i.e. river crossings or ferry-boats. In Babylonian astronomy, Nibiru (in cuneiform spelled dné-bé-ru or MULni-bi-rum). The term refers to the equinox and the astronomical objects associated with it.

en.wikipedia.org...(Babylonian_astronomy)

So you are telling me that Stitchen had Trump's time machine?

Do you agree or disagree that Nibiru was spoken about thousands of years before Stitchen?

Sure Stitchen added his opinions on what Nibiru might be, but he did not create Nibiru as you incorrectly claim, it was a known discussion thousands of years before his existence.

Edit:

Yes I know Wiki is a horrible source, if you disagree with the content please find a better source than I provided. I'm not trying to portray Wiki as a great source it was just the quickest I could find.

That's pretty shaky, even for a straw man.

Sitchin invented the planet nibiru, not the word nibiru.

There was a city by that name as well - Enlil's city, later called Nippur, now called Nuffar.

Sitchin didn't invent the city either.

Harte

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: rickymouse

They are replicas of flying insects not planes.

Yup, definitely looks like an insect. www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

No, those aren't the insects. They're the flying fish.

The swirl on the edges (and on some of the wings) was the iconography for water.

Harte
edit on 9/12/2017 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
Why do the same people here always p1ss on discussions.

Is there any harm is speaking openly? Isn't this what this site is for? Open discussion?

It only becomes an argument when the same users decide to come in, try to make you look like a fool for openly sharing ideas. Censor anything that doesn't fall into their ideology.. and then slide the conversation off topic.

Your lament is not about any "open" discussion, it's about being shown you are wrong.

Why not let's have an "open discussion" about the fact that we all have three arms? Just because it's not true, that's no reason not to speculate on it, is it?

Does it really do harm to let people use their imagination? OR have free will to their own thoughts?

No one here has all the answers. If you can't share ideas and respect others opinions, then you're part of the issue.

My opinion is that you personally have three and a half arms. You cannot disprove it.
You also have two noses, one on the back of your skull.

An example of a possible atomic blast in the past :

** Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945.

Mohejo-Daro. Unfortunately, the town is hardly ruined at all, and there is no radiation beyond normal background for the area present.

There is no evidence of any atomic blast taking place there. Or any other ancient site ever found.
Your story comes from Keelynet. It references a magazine called the World Island Revue. That's your source, a travel mag that went out of print without leaving any other trace on the internet than this one story.
You can't find an older source for this tale than this page at the Rense website.
That source is loaded with falsehoods, including the one you quote below.

The Ruins of Harappa: The Mahabharata clearly describes a catastrophic blast that rocked the continent.

"A single projectile charged with all the power in the Universe…An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as 10,000 suns, rose in all its splendor…it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes an entire race.

"The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. Their hair and nails fell out, pottery broke without any apparent cause, and the birds turned white.

"After a few hours, all foodstuffs were infected. To escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves into the river."

Pretty imaginative stuff for someone writing this back 7500+ years ago!! Sure sounds like nuclear fallout to me!

That's because it was written in the 1960s and presented as a "quote" from the Mahabharata. It's not.

Good work on this topic has been performed in the past right here at ATS. A poster named Donner provided the section of the Mahabharata (available free on Sacred Texts.com) to see how this "quote" has been mangled. link

To see the history of this absurd "quote," here's another webpage: The Case of the False quotes - How Ancient Astronaut Theorists Faked a Hindu Nuclear Explosion - link

Regarding the Rense story, here's a rather well-informed ATS poster blowing it out of the water:link

So, you want people to sit around and discuss with an "open mind" claims that have been fabricated for profit - as if they had some sort of validity?

Harte

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: one4all

That was a really long winded way of admitting that you have nothing to support your claims. Well played with the deflection.

Of course he has nothing. If there was something, you and I would certainly have already learned about it, don't you think?

Harte

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

No civilization, no matter how advanced, is going to be able to erase all evidence of their existence.

The more advanced the civilization, the longer lasting their trash.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

No civilization, no matter how advanced, is going to be able to erase all evidence of their existence.

The more advanced the civilization, the longer lasting their trash.

Well unless they were trying to deliberatly sanitize the area. maybe they didnt stay but in one area. But youre prolly right. Im just saying its possible to be that anal about it. hey might be where environmentalist DNA came from lol!!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

And the saga goes on.... no Clue ... man give it a rest ?! You don't know who I am and what I know , every time that patronizing. So Why don't you explain to us how to submit evidence to ATS I asked that several times still , no answer.

Harte

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

'day yuppa,

. . . . and what if the tech is organic?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ancienthistorian

Sitchen has been completely and utterly discredited, many times over. Those texts have since been translated by numerous credible scholars, none of whom found any mention of Annunaki. Sitchen was talking nonsense. Do some research, for goodness sake.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus

Sitchen has been completely and utterly discredited, many times over. Those texts have since been translated by numerous credible scholars, none of whom found any mention of Annunaki. Sitchen was talking nonsense. Do some research, for goodness sake.

Actually, they were translated a century and a half ago (apprx.)

Those are the translations Sitchin used, since he couldn't read cuneiform.

Sitchin took existing translations then inserted his own meanings for various words - whatever meaning he needed to support his cash cow.

Harte

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

looking at his conquests - its utterly amazing that even with " weapons of teh gawds " - he achieved so little

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join