It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toughts from someone who just woke up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'm in my twenties and recently feel like I just woke up. I realized a lot of what I have heard and learned in my life is a lie. From school down to what I hear on the news. I guess it all happened when I started college and started reading a lot of different books. First learning a lot of the history I learned in high school is false. I guess that was the first time I realized I had been lied to. Then on down to the media coming in my living room telling me what to think on certain issues. For some reason I just stopped believing everything I heard and started investigating things for myself. This included turning off the T.V. and doing a lot of reading, to make an informed decision. It amazed me how much lies and spin jobs came through on my TV every night. I now feel very educated on what is going on and research things to make a informed decision. I find though that most people I talk to now, still are misinformed, and they believe what the TV. Tells them. It makes it harder on me, to realize that there are so many sheep out there and I used to be one of them.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Sounds all to familiar. I am in the same boat my friend.
Every time I try and tell these people the truth, or at least tell them that they are mis-informed. I am labeld a conspiricy theorist.

Just keep doing what you are doing, fight the good fight, and don't be discouraged.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
you have to remember, people believe what they think is the most likely to tell the truth, and most believe that the TV news that is produced, would be produced for the means of informing, not disinforming. it takes paciants on everybodys part to trust one another, and begin an teaching, or learning that is to be done.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It is just plane ignorant to assume that some one is lieing, always give the benefit of the doubt. I don't believe someone is lieing or not unless it is blantly obvious.

don' believe in something to the point that you actually believe it, because the only one you will find that is lieing is yourself to yourself.

This whole website is nothing but food for thought, Its like seeing a fortune teller some stuff is true some stuff isn't, the whole term "woken up" is incorrect, you are just aware of a theory, and thats all it is a theory not a fact.

I read way to much than i wanted to, I know what it means by some to be "woken" up I have been there done that and came to the conclusion that some people just don't get it and the best way to deal with them is to let them find that out there selfs, Time always tells the truth and that time will disprove the so called "woken up" ones.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snowman9
I guess it all happened when I started college and started reading a lot of different books.
This included turning off the T.V. and doing a lot of reading, to make an informed decision.
I now feel very educated on what is going on

You do realize that books and (especially) professors can and will lie to you as quickly as TV and the internet right?
It's good that you're expanding your research and resources, but that doesn't always mean you're not being lied to still on certain things.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
All good points.
I think that being 'awake' is finally having an opinion of your own, based upon as much information as you are able to consume. You will always get 2 or more different positions on any subject. Accepting ideas esposed by others without seeking opposing views is a big mistake no matter what the 'truth' may be.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halfofone
Accepting ideas esposed by others without seeking opposing views is a big mistake no matter what the 'truth' may be.

Very good point. Thank Gates for Google. A joke. But you have the information of the world at your fingers. Research and decide for yourself what the truth is.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I'm in my twenties and recently feel like I just woke up. I realized a lot of what I have heard and learned in my life is a lie. From school down to what I hear on the news. I guess it all happened when I started college and started reading a lot of different books. First learning a lot of the history I learned in high school is false.

Can you give some examples of false history?

I think that being 'awake' is finally having an opinion of your own, based upon as much information as you are able to consume.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Things on TV or in print are not necessarily lies, it's more a matter of perspective. What is truth to me might not be to you. That doesn't mean that I am a liar, it means that my perspective and opinion is different than yours.

It is quite common for people in their 20's to suddenly 'wake up'. You have a new perspective on things when you are living on your own as opposed to living under your parents roof. You see things differently. I would venture to guess that when you have children you will once again feel like you are waking up and you may feel totally different than you feel now. Maybe not in all areas, but more than likely, in some.

Each stage of life brings awakening. The most important thing is to not just assume you are being lied to or intentionally decieved, but to maintain the desire to look further into the subject and decide for yourself where the 'truth' lies. Always remember that there are THREE sides to every story and not one of them is ever 100% 'truth'.

Jemison

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
My congratulations with your wake up !
Truly majority of people in this world are "sleeping", they live their lives based on instructions that were hammered into their heads by same "sleeping" parents, school, collage and finally the TV.

On this way one does not have to think, all he's got to do is follow his basic wills and instincts.
This is the way of the "sleeping". This is learning the world by repeating the experience of others, by imitating the ones before you.

The "funny" part if that not only they do not understand it, but they also truly enjoy seeing their dreams ( or sometimes nightmares ) , instead of reality. Remember "The Matrix" ?

But let me surprise you - this is not the only possible wake up. There can be lots and lots of wake ups ahead.

1. Like normal people take whatever they see on TV as their own opinion.
2. You read many sources, compile their information, and base your opinion on that... Of course, it is better then the first option, but is it truly YOUR opinion? Or is it still an illusion-delusion?

What could go as number 3. ?

See
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by bratok
Found an interesting quote, btw. Written a bit hard, yet understendable.

New theme: let us have a talk about the blind... In order to increase THE EFFICIENCY of your life, respected members of the "society of blinds", first of all it is necessary to regain vision.

-snip-

Now I have a question for you: why this form of society appeared, where they mutilate children and make wretched out of them?
You think this was by specially designed by someone? No, this is unconscious, and no one specially made this. Simply there are two ways.
The first - route, built for the satisfaction of human laziness. The second - a tiny path, trampled by those, who searches for themselves, those who have light burning within.

Original:
www.universalinternetlibrary.ru...
www.worldlingo.com...

[edit on 11-2-2005 by bratok]

Mod edit: removed the bold applied to all text and reduced the quote size.

[edit on 4/18/2005 by Gools]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Can you give some examples of false history?

You can't be serious?!?

Snowman, here's a thread I'm trying to kick off as a resource of resources, it has some good links through which I hope to be able to say that I was awakened through. My moment of clarity came to me when I was in School and got into a debate with one of my teachers about The American Civil War, which eventually deteriorated into "I needed a haircut and a trip to the Principal's Office" for some good old fashioned coporal punishment.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit: Oh yeah, and the Naziesque Swish Lady. I knew about Flouride being used for Rat Poison, and other nasty little flouride trivia facts and refused to Swish, which of course was a Big Hairy deal back then. I remeber trying to share my information with the class as I was being led out of the class and to the Principal again...More Coporal Punishment for twitchy.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by twitchy]

[edit on 11-2-2005 by twitchy]
Mod edit: fixed link

[edit on 4/18/2005 by Gools]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
some of the proof Snowman is in simple english...
This is not accidental. This is also why good English skills are no longer taught ..nor is accurate history.

You have awoken from a state of "Amusement " into a state of "Musing.

People spend much of their lives in western countries being "Amused " meaning "A" without "muse" thinking. Without thinking this is what the word amuse breaks down to in its basic parts. Kind of like Athiest ..meaning Without God..or Agnostic meaning without knowlege..

Amuse simply broken down means without thinking.
We have a social structure which doesnt require much daily thinking from most of us and we are given amusements to keep us from thinkng.

Problem is Snowman..you have suddenly and shockingly awoken..to "Musing" Thinking for yourself..it is quite a cultural shock to be so jerked such that you stand upright for once. Congratulations. I pray that you keep it up. Do not be alarmed by the people around you who will eventually think you are crazy ...because they are still "Amusing" themselves.
I no longer watch sports and am very choosy about what I watch on television or listen to on the radio. I want mostly material conducive to musing ..not Amusing.

Thanks and congratulations
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I read your post and I can't help but to remember that movie of Jack who was playing an Army Officer and he was on the witness stand and he shouted "You cannot handle the truth" Do not feel bad Grasshopper. We are all in a sense in a perptuial state of waking up. The bull we were taught in High School was nothing compared to the bull they are shoving down the college students throat. I just finished up a recent semister at a college here in Va. and the crap you have to go through and be tested on the average person will never use on a day to day basis. I tend to think of it in the terms if you want to play, you have to pay. That's what it's all about. Money going from one hand to another. My best advise would be to keep your chin up, chest out, and stand tall and always try your best to do what is right. In the long run, this will be what people will remember you for.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It seems like alot of people are waking up these days .but , the bottom line is we wake up everyday to a lie .It takes a good person to filter out the truth and build from there.TURN OFF THE TV AND GET OFF THE COUCH.(LIVE LIFE)

top topics

join