It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Armed Taco Bell Employees Win Shootout With Armed Robbers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Sounds like the employees were ready for just such an emergency. 2 masked armed robbers got a surprise when 3 Taco Bell employees were packing and defended themselves. I will not be shocked if "Corporate" forces the franchise owner to fire them but in my opinion, better to be fired from a crappy Taco Bell job than dead.

www.news5cleveland.com...

CLEVELAND - Three armed Taco Bell employees shot and killed a man trying to rob the West 117th Street location Wednesday morning, police now say.

The shooting happened just before 3 a.m. at the restaurant at West 117th Street and Franklin Blvd.

Police say preliminary investigation indicates five employees were inside the Taco Bell when two masked suspects entered and tried to rob the restaurant. They ordered all of the employees to the ground, police said.
Three of the employees — ages 19, 19 and 23 — were armed and shot at the suspects.

One suspect, believed to be in his 20s, was hit multiple times. Officers administered first aid until EMS arrived. The suspect was taken to MetroHealth Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

The other suspect fled on foot.

No arrests have been made.

Taco Bell said in a statement that the company is offering counseling for the employees.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
A local Walgreens drugstore employee killed a robber. To show how little the company valued his "service", he was terminated. Walgreens said that his action endangered customers.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Wow, I just gained some respect for Taco Bell and their employees.

Good use of the 2nd.

ETA: THIS is how you deter crime.
edit on 2017/9/6 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Good for them. Too many times you hear of the horror stories of innocent people being killed while simply trying to make a living. There needs to be more stories like this one so that these losers start thinking twice about their actions when they are going to rob a place and put innocent lives in jeopardy.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's why I believe in being able to remove certain individuals from corporations or government positions when necessary and place them into proper jail/psych wards where they belong. That kind of thinking is an indication of dementia and cannot be allowed to be in any sort of position of power dealing with any sort of situation beyond opening a plastic container of play-dough.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Good use of the 2nd.

Piss poor use. Not only against company policy but as stated above it not only endangers the other customers for their weapons but escalates the situation where they could be hit from the thieves as well. Too damn many John Wayne wannabes in this forum.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX
ya didnt actually make it clear enough....the point exactly

sacgtly...we wont have many more of these holdups....at any hour of the day...with this manly...take care of all...way of behaving self helped

In Texas us manly men, think manly things n try to do em in manly ways

edit on 6-9-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yet if this was an everyday occurrence, far, far fewer people would commit robberies. Disproportionate response, despite the fearfulness of many, works and it works quite well.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Good use of the 2nd.

Piss poor use. Not only against company policy but as stated above it not only endangers the other customers for their weapons but escalates the situation where they could be hit from the thieves as well. Too damn many John Wayne wannabes in this forum.

Thieves aren't always logical thinkers. They may just start shooting staff simply because they think the staff are taking too much time or have tipped off the cops. They might just start taking customers as hostages as well. There's a phrase:

"Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six"

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Good use of the 2nd.

I am sure it seems that way to someone from Canadia.
edit on 2017/9/6 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Something tells me that the location of that Taco Bell wasn't in the best place and that being robbed there is to be expected.

For 3 different employees to feel the need to be armed while working a fast food shift, this has happened to them before.

Besides, most places have drop boxes and other security measures already which means robbing them only gets you what little on hand cash is available. That's pretty desperate to rob a place in hopes that they had a really busy late shift.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Every use of the 2nd is a good use.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Too damn many John Wayne wannabes in this forum.

I consider myself more of a Clint Eastwood. Why is it always "The Duke" ?
"Do you feel lucky today punk ? Well , do ya ?"
And dont go there . It really does not help your image.

edit on 9/6/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown

Every use of the 2nd is a good use.

I will give the police a kudos if they don't charge them. Two of them are under 21 and I doubt it is legal for them to carry pistols.

Of course they never reported what firearms were used though I doubt highly the employees have a rifle weapons locker on-site. If they do, that is one hell of a franchise owner.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Play a stupid game, win a stupid prize.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
a reply to: carewemust

That's why I believe in being able to remove certain individuals from corporations or government positions when necessary and place them into proper jail/psych wards where they belong. That kind of thinking is an indication of dementia and cannot be allowed to be in any sort of position of power dealing with any sort of situation beyond opening a plastic container of play-dough.

How do you identify these people? You don't want to incarcerate those who are just a little off-center emotionally.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

You are right, the restaurant was loaded with customers at 3 AM, the employees should have just asked the gentlemen if they had permits to carry firearms, and if not they would not be eligible for the free Xbox drawing on the crunch wrap supreme nor free refills on their Baha Blast. LOL they got a free Baha Blast it just wasnt the flavor they wanted.

Do you have any idea how many victims get killed in situations like that?

Not to mention I'd be careful next time you want to argue they made your Gordito crunch wrong.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yet if this was an everyday occurrence, far, far fewer people would commit robberies. Disproportionate response, despite the fearfulness of many, works and it works quite well.

Exactly, an armed society is a much more polite and respectful society.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I was going to instantly applaud this, however theres a fairly large caveat...2 of the 3 shooters were felony carrying as the age for ccw is 21 in Ohio.

I am happy when concealed carry does what the 2nd amendment was intended for, but when youre criminally carrying yourself it kinda lets the air out.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

Good use of the 2nd.

Thieves aren't always logical thinkers. They may just start shooting staff simply because they think the staff are taking too much time or have tipped off the cops. They might just start taking customers as hostages as well. There's a phrase:

"Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six"

Definitely not illegal, but definitely more risky to just start popping off. 95% of robbers don't shoot or take hostages, they force the drawer empty and run -- they don't want murder or kidnapping charges on top of armed robbery if they get caught.

Goes from 5 years to life in prison.

The second you shoot at the robbers, the likely hood of you getting shot increases over a 1000%.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join