It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Armed Taco Bell Employees Win Shootout With Armed Robbers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: infolurker

Wow, I just gained some respect for Taco Bell and their employees.

Good use of the 2nd.

Piss poor use. Not only against company policy but as stated above it not only endangers the other customers for their weapons but escalates the situation where they could be hit from the thieves as well. Too damn many John Wayne wannabes in this forum.

Thieves aren't always logical thinkers. They may just start shooting staff simply because they think the staff are taking too much time or have tipped off the cops. They might just start taking customers as hostages as well. There's a phrase:

"Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six"

The second you shoot at the robbers, the likely hood of you getting shot increases over a 1000%.

Not if you don't miss.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Seven employees at one of our area restaurants would still be alive today, if one of them had a firearm..and used it.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9/6/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: intrepid

Yet if this was an everyday occurrence, far, far fewer people would commit robberies. Disproportionate response, despite the fearfulness of many, works and it works quite well.

Do you as the employee want to tell the customers survivors why you shot grandma? This isn't scripted. # happens. As more of these situations spring up it's going to happen. That cost is OK?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: intrepid

Yet if this was an everyday occurrence, far, far fewer people would commit robberies. Disproportionate response, despite the fearfulness of many, works and it works quite well.

Do you as the employee want to tell the customers survivors why you shot grandma? This isn't scripted. # happens. As more of these situations spring up it's going to happen. That cost is OK?

Did grandpa get shot?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

My father was a cop. I got my first gun at twelve. But keep up with the stereotypes. It's aboot right.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Gotta agree. Clint was cooler. Badder too.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
en.m.wikipedia.org...

This is what happens when you lay down and submit.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Seven employees at one of our area restaurants would still be alive today, if one of them had a firearm..and used it.
en.wikipedia.org...

Yup, my thoughts exactly.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: SRPrime

originally posted by: stormcell

Good use of the 2nd.

Piss poor use. Not only against company policy but as stated above it not only endangers the other customers for their weapons but escalates the situation where they could be hit from the thieves as well. Too damn many John Wayne wannabes in this forum.

Thieves aren't always logical thinkers. They may just start shooting staff simply because they think the staff are taking too much time or have tipped off the cops. They might just start taking customers as hostages as well. There's a phrase:

"Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six"

The second you shoot at the robbers, the likely hood of you getting shot increases over a 1000%.

Not if you don't miss.

Yes, even if you don't miss -- especially when multiple targets present. Believe it or not, someone shot can still shoot back unless the initial shot was fatal. Take a look at this case for instance, three people shot one of the two robbers, the other robber escaped, had he have shot back, one, two, or even three of the employees could have been hit.

You also have to think about the fact that the robber already has his gun out and trained, so if you pull after him, he gets the first shot. Sounds like he didn't wanna shoot anyone, so he didn't take a shot.

What they did was extremely stupid, they just got incredibly lucky.
edit on 6-9-2017 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

It's better to lose a job and be judged by twelve, than it is to be carried by six.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Respectfully bullchit. who cares about statistics, you have the wrong guy come in you get shot even if you give up the money,then what are you going to tell his family "well statistics say he shouldn't have got shot".

In situation like that you expect the creep with the gun robbing a Taco Bell to be think logically. These guys being employees knew it was likely they would get robbed sooner or later, and said 'm not going to risk that every late shift at 7.50 an hour. Nor am I going to worry every night at work that some nutjob is gonna come in while all I got in my hand is the sour cream injector.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I’m wondering how minimum wage workers can afford guns.

Something just doesn't sound right about this story.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Respectfully bullchit. who cares about statistics, you have the wrong guy come in you get shot even if you give up the money,then what are you going to tell his family "well statistics say he shouldn't have got shot".

In situation like that you expect the creep with the gun robbing a Taco Bell to be think logically. These guys being employees knew it was likely they would get robbed sooner or later, and said 'm not going to risk that every late shift at 7.50 an hour. Nor am I going to worry every night at work that some nutjob is gonna come in while all I got in my hand is the sour cream injector.

Hokay. You're just stupid then. They got lucky -- the robber had his gun out first and trained, if he would have intended to kill, he would have shot when they defied his order to get on the ground.

So here, lets say this robber was gonna shoot them, they would have gotten shot. The only reason they didn't is because the robber had no intention of shooting in the first place and didn't even fire.

If I have my gun out and pointed at you, no -- you're not gonna beat me with a "quick draw" -- you're gonna get shot if my intention is to shoot you. The only way you get shots off in the first place is if my intention wasn't to shoot, therefor -- shooting at robbers is always stupid. They risked their lives pulling, not the other way around -- I don't expect untrained plebes to understand.

Statistics save lives, smart people care about statistics and tactics. I carry too by the way. You draw if you're concealed and your presence is unknown or you break line of sight and your position is again unknown, you don't draw if you're already being stuck up. Only a moron would do that, and if you carry -- you'll be dead with that mentality.

Respectfully, your entire response is bullchit.
edit on 6-9-2017 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

You're just stupid then.

Look everyone, this is when you know someone has lost an argument.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Good use of the 2nd.

No, he clearly terminated the threat to the customers...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

So these guys that you say didn't want to hurt anybody at all, certainly didn't want to add to an armed robbery charge are gonna stand their ground, lol they are gonna book like rabbits just like they guy that got away did. Because they rob places like that because they expect no resistance, not to mention I'd rather have Mr.I don't want to hurt anybody, dodging bullets while he is shooting at me than taking careful aim because there was just 20 bucks in the till.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Take note guys, do not piss off Taco Bell Employees. The Employees were mostly pissed because the guys didn't order anything.

(post by SRPrime removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

When it come to situations like this you can't say what will happen but if it comes down to it I'm going to die fighting.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

There is some truth to what you say, but there are also some situations in which you can draw and engage in a manner that gives you an advantage, even if they are already "trained". It's about motion, body language and what you carry.

That is why I laugh at those that carry the biggest firearm they can conceal.

I can have my Walther 22 in my pocket and easily transition it to my hand without most people, if anyone, even noticing.
edit on 6-9-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join