It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Armed Taco Bell Employees Win Shootout With Armed Robbers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurkerThe dead one will never, ever put any one's life in danger again...That's a good thing...The one that got away will certainly think twice before he tries that again...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: infolurker

I was going to instantly applaud this, however theres a fairly large caveat...2 of the 3 shooters were felony carrying as the age for ccw is 21 in Ohio.

I am happy when concealed carry does what the 2nd amendment was intended for, but when youre criminally carrying yourself it kinda lets the air out.

In most states CCW laws only apply to public property and not to employees inside a business.
I have worked enough armed security to always know this law in my state.
PS not all security is in uniform and open carry.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I’m wondering how minimum wage workers can afford guns.

Something just doesn't sound right about this story.

We rarely agree on anything, but I have to agree with you that something doesn't sound right. I'm definitely a 2nd Amendment guy, but I just find it odd that you'd have three Taco Bell workers who just happened to be packing to get into a shootout with robbers. Especially considering the employees were under aged.

Given the time, neighborhood, and the fact it was a Taco Bell... along with the coincidence that these three employees had heat on them I think they were selling drugs out of the Taco Bell. It wasn't actually a "robbery" for Tacos, but for whatever illicit narcotics the workers were hustling on the side while at work.

It wouldn't be the first time...

Burger King Manager Running Drug Operation

According to authorities, a sting operation was organized when the Epping police and Rockingham County Drug Task Force learned that buyers would pull up to the drive-thru speaker and ask if “Nasty Boy” was working. If this person was working, customers would then order their meal with “fries extra crispy.” When they customer arrives at the window, their order would allegedly come with a side of marijuana.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

So they should stand like a coward and let them shoot them,wimpy statement from liberal,you want people to protect you,but you are unable to protect yourself,you sound like part of the herd that needs to be thinned,protect yourself,that is a human right,try thinking for yourself once

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I was going to instantly applaud this, however theres a fairly large caveat...2 of the 3 shooters were felony carrying as the age for ccw is 21 in Ohio.

I am happy when concealed carry does what the 2nd amendment was intended for, but when youre criminally carrying yourself it kinda lets the air out.

Old enough to die for their country yet not old enough to be allowed to exercise their rights.
There's a few problems with this country yet to be worked out.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Awesome!!! It just sucks that the other robber didn't meet the same fate.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Ever since it happened about twelve years ago, I have only gone one single time to a the jack I, the box that is closest to my house in Arizona when I am in that part of the world. I simply remember reading the news and the community just in a zombied silence that day. It was too overwhelmingly uncomfortable and i just wish they would tear the place down, build one in the same lot even, and make a patch of grass or a covered bench instead of the little plaque inside. That building has just seen too much evil.

Two men burst in one night and demanded money. The three employees begged them to go saying they only had twenty eight dollars between the three of them and the deposit was already dropped. Well, 28 dollars was enough. They each handed their parts over, were led to the freezer tied up and locked in. Then right before leaving the two men returned and just to be safe executed the three with shots to the back of the head. The employees were fifteen, sixteen, and seventeen. In tearing up just writing this its just too much to handle...

Thank god the people of that neighborhood won't have to try to come to terms with that nightmare. My god, twenty eight dollars. And to think this community would have come up with a billion dollars for those filthy animals if only they could have bought those three CHILDREN'S lives. And yea, 19 is just a kid too when it comes to the victims.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Metallicus

Wow, I just gained some respect for Taco Bell and their employees.

Good use of the 2nd.

Too damn many John Wayne wannabes in this forum.

To many of the "bend over and take it" community on this forum as well.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yet if this was an everyday occurrence, far, far fewer people would commit robberies. Disproportionate response, despite the fearfulness of many, works and it works quite well.

Exactly, an armed society is a much more polite and respectful society.

Sure it is...just compare the per capita murder rates between the US and Canada.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yet if this was an everyday occurrence, far, far fewer people would commit robberies. Disproportionate response, despite the fearfulness of many, works and it works quite well.

Exactly, an armed society is a much more polite and respectful society.

Sure it is...just compare the per capita murder rates between the US and Canada.

You'd have to strip out all the gangbangers and illegal firearm ownership to get an apples to apples comparison. In fact, you'd probably have to strip out practically all the black population since that is were the vast majority of gun violence is concentrated. I just say all this to point out that it is bit more complicated than just America having a 2nd amendment.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Wow, I just gained some respect for Taco Bell and their employees.

Good use of the 2nd.

Piss poor use. Not only against company policy but as stated above it not only endangers the other customers for their weapons but escalates the situation where they could be hit from the thieves as well. Too damn many John Wayne wannabes in this forum.

I am sure it seems that way to someone from Canadia.

The town i am in currently in Canada is in favor of self defense...trust me we are NOT in favor of libleft principles everywhere.

Nicest people and tough as hell...thieves get whats coming to them.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown

Every use of the 2nd is a good use.

I will give the police a kudos if they don't charge them. Two of them are under 21 and I doubt it is legal for them to carry pistols.

Of course they never reported what firearms were used though I doubt highly the employees have a rifle weapons locker on-site. If they do, that is one hell of a franchise owner.

It does vary by state... but anyone old enough to vote or die for their country with a rifle in their arms is old enough to own and use a handgun IMHO.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

How do you know they were concealing their firearms? What are the open carry laws in Ohio? Firearm ownership and CCW legislation is often not the same.

You can own and not CCW in MOST states... CCW is a different classification.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Double post, eh?
edit on 7-9-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
You'd have to strip out all the gangbangers and illegal firearm ownership to get an apples to apples comparison. In fact, you'd probably have to strip out practically all the black population since that is were the vast majority of gun violence is concentrated. I just say all this to point out that it is bit more complicated than just America having a 2nd amendment.

That is rather a facile argument (and not a little racist). The statement that I challenged said that guns keep people polite and respectful. I cited Canada as a contradiction. Simple. There are certainly historical/sociological factors at play...but it ain't just scary black people.
edit on 7-9-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

There's no such thing you don't Magically only have to protect yourself if your over 21.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Really? My guess is the moment you shoot the thieves your chances of not getting shot go up a thousand percent LOL

Jaden

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Absolutely any death that occurs from thieves getting shot at is the responsibility and the result of the thieves trying to steal with weapons.

Doesn't matter if grandma gets shot if baby gets shot anyone who gets shot with my gun it's the responsibility and the fault of the thieves.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Sorry I don't believe you you're a big fat pussy.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Sorry you're just simply wrong you never know what a criminal Thief that has pulled out a gun is going to do his intention might not be to shoot you but you don't know that and you can't judge it based on the fact that he didn't shoot you first when you pulled out your gun they're idiots out there that don't know how to react I don't believe that your trained I'm trained I served as an intelligence operative for 6 years I've been in those kind of situations people don't react logically in pressure heightened fight or flight situations if you're not trained and practice working in heightened fight or flight situations you can't analyze it logically you never know what they're going to do someone that desperate will do anything you either take your life in your own hands or you leave it in someone else's.

Jaden

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join