It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't "God" come down and tell us what religon is "right"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
God DID come down and tell us...in the form of His Son...and we killed Him.

Jesus said He is truth, He is the Gate, His words are Life....
Narrow is the path that leads to life...and few will find it.
'few' is key

Not to the other thousand different types of religion on this small rock we live in.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
There is no religion on Earth that a God would subscribe to. They have all been invented by Humans to control people. I believe in a God but not Religion.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Because god is dead?

I'd put my money in no religion is right, and that people just made up religions over the years, to help make themself feel secure in a world that is so chaotic. If their was a god who came down to tell us what religion is right, why wouldnt he come down and stop the hunger as well, so many people dieing from such a seaminly simple problem. Seems to me , people who believe in a loving god, ignore the problems of third world countries.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Here's a possible answer -- that no one has brought up -- to the original question of why can't God come down and tell us which religion is "right."

What if all the world's traditional religions were not inspired by Him/Her at all, but by groups of angels at best?

This would explain why there are so many discrepancies, distortions, and gaps in spiritual and metaphysical understanding in all of them, as well as why the miracles attributed to any one traditional religion don't really outshine the miracles of any other traditional religion.

What if The First Coming of God has yet to happen?

What if when God does arrive with greater miracles than any previous spiritual and/or religious figure, that He/She doesn't recognize ANY of the world's traditional religions as having been inspired by Him/Her?

That would at least indirectly end all the world's religions and, in so doing, cause a paradigm shift

Think about it.

[edit on 23-7-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Good thread.. I feel if God came down maybe the first thing God would do is take special care (grin) of the Child Molesting Priests first.

Then move on with future matters.

Dallas (Catholic)

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I always thought God was open to people who believed in him without the rules and regulations of the Religions that say you have to do this and that to be in Gods favour. My God looks after me , as i worship him without the aid of any Religion and thats my view on this.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I don't believe any of the major world religions can be entirely correct. There are common elements of divine truth in all of them. Treat your neighbor as you would yourself, do not steal from others, etc. If God is truly the loving being that I believe he is, no one will suffer eternity in hell.

As for God not existing, check my signature.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
I always thought God was open to people who believed in him without the rules and regulations of the Religions that say you have to do this and that to be in Gods favour. My God looks after me , as i worship him without the aid of any Religion and thats my view on this.

Your not far from the mark BD

Believe in Him.
Keep the two commandments.

Love God with all your heart
Love your neighbor as yourself

Two things that should be very easy and recognized as moral truth by everyone. Sadly, they are not.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
Love God with all your heart
Love your neighbor as yourself

Two things that should be very easy and recognized as moral truth by everyone. Sadly, they are not.

I do think it's perfectly possible to do the latter without the former. They're not mutually inclusive....and though this old chestnut has been discussed, digested, debated and dismembered till we're all blue in the face, perhaps the point remains:

One does not need a belief in God to live a moral life.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I don't believe any of the major world religions can be entirely correct. There are common elements of divine truth in all of them. Treat your neighbor as you would yourself, do not steal from others, etc. If God is truly the loving being that I believe he is, no one will suffer eternity in hell.

well see, you dont know what God is capable of, and he said in his word, that if he does not know you, you will be cast into the lake of fire forever. and forever means forever. God gives us a chance. one chance only. that chance is this life. and if you want to waste your time debating on what religion makes more sense, I would say you are wasting your time. pick a side and stick to it.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Give me a break about all this Christ is the Truth carp. Christ is a known fraud. The fact that 18 years of his life are uncounted for eludes to this. I don't believe the man even existed. No historians have ever made mention of a Jesus Christ and instead made note of the followers of Christ.

The only documentation of Christ came 50-150 years after his death. That'd be like writing the first records on the history of the American Civil War right now.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You are the inspiration for ATS.

BTW...the documentation for Christ started thousands of years before His birth.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The old testaments earliest dating to having been written is about 700 BC, which is a stretch. If oral interpretation is to be classified as documentation, then the belief of a 6000 year old earth is easily debunked by the fact that the Hindu vedic scriptures were being circulated orally around 6,000 BC, 2,000 years before the earth was created.

Lord Krishna himself was said to be prophisized as well. Christ shares many similarities of Lord Krishna, including the story of their birth and death, several of their teaching philosophies on morlas and ethics, and the proclaimation of their being the Son of God. The funny thing is Lord Krishna was present 250 years before Christ.

Jesus even went back to Kashmir after he was cruxified, which is where he adopted his beliefs in the first place, as supported by many. That is if he existed.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I don't believe the man even existed

believe whatever you want. but you just stated that you believe. that means you dont know for sure.
and actually the book of Genesis was written by 10 different authors and moses was the editor. so writing has always been around ever since man was on the earth. and according to teh bible. everything in the universe was created about 6000 years ago. definately less than 10,000 years ago.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by B1luetooth

I don't believe the man even existed

believe whatever you want. but you just stated that you believe. that means you dont know for sure.
and actually the book of Genesis was written by 10 different authors and moses was the editor. so writing has always been around ever since man was on the earth. and according to teh bible. everything in the universe was created about 6000 years ago. definately less than 10,000 years ago.

No, it means I know for sure he didn't exist, so therefore I believe he doesn't exist. Like I said before, the OT was put on writting around 700BC, and Hindu Vedic Scriptures have been around oraly since 6000BC, way before Christian and Jewish belief of the creation of the earth.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
yeah like I said, you dont know what you are stating. how do you know that written forms of the bible werent present in the days of moses? jesus said that moses wrote a book. and genesis tells who wrote genesis.

and how about backing up your statements.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by B1luetooth
you dont know what God is capable of

Is this supposed to be a threat? I know that God is capable of anything
He wishes to do.

you will be cast into the lake of fire forever

So if I was to lead a moral life, with just a few doctrines different, the loving, merciful God would do such a thing? How positive.

pick a side and stick to it

I have picked a side -- the side of God. That's all that I need to know.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by B1luetooth
yeah like I said, you dont know what you are stating. how do you know that written forms of the bible werent present in the days of moses? jesus said that moses wrote a book. and genesis tells who wrote genesis.

and how about backing up your statements.

I didn't say Moses didn't write a version of Genesis around 1300BC, I am saying the torah was composed around 700BC (from what I can remember).

Archaeologist have some rather good evidence showing the Hindu Vedic scriptures written around 1700BC during the Aryan control of the Indus Valley. This scriptures were passed down oraly thousands of years before this.

"When the Greeks under Alexander came to India in the Fourth century BCE, the Greek writer Megasthenes in his Indika, fragments of which are recorded in several Greek writings, mentioned that the Indians (Hindus) had a record of 153 kings going back over 6400 years (showing that the Hindus were conscious of the great antiquity of their culture even then)"

www.hindu.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
if all the religions are true, then everyone is bound for hell

the evidence of a god beyond the stars and time is slight

you need god? gaze on the sun over the ocean sometime like that crippled dude in the forrest lieutenant dan

blah blah what do i know of human thinking?

orion

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
since adam wrote part of genesis, the first human writings started with adam if none other.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join