It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters Arrested at Trump Tower After DACA Announcement

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
As the expected end to the DACA program(s) were being announced officially, there were quite a few protests starting all around.

The one(s) in New York City had some side issues as well.

Apparently the Mayor there is against the Federal policy.

He said some "help" will be available.

And the police that arrested many today, are not taking finger prints from everybody.

The "concern" is that ICE might get "tipped off" !!

Hmmm.

Lots of conflicting thinking on this.

imo, the "protesting" isn't being directed at the right people. Congress is where the solutions lie.

Protesters Arrested at Trump Tower After DACA Announcement

Hundreds of immigrants and advocates from across the tri-state are demonstrating at Trump Tower and in Washington, D.C., after Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced Tuesday morning that the Trump administration is ending the DACA program.
As Sessions delivered his remarks on the "winding down" of DACA, dozens of demonstrators marched to Trump Tower in Manhattan, holding signs and chanting, "undocumented -- unafraid." Some sat in the middle of the street in front of Trump Tower, anticipating arrest, and were taken into police custody for blocking traffic. By the afternoon, nearly three dozen people had been arrested in front of Trump Tower in two different rounds of sit-ins; they were being processed at the 7th Precinct stationhouse and were expected to be issued desk tickets, according to NYPD Chief of Patrol Terence Monahan.
At 6 p.m., more than 100 protesters had gathered again outside Trump Tower. Meanwhile hundreds were gathering for an evening protest at Foley Square.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well then the federal government should cut off any and all federal aid to New York. If they will not abide by federal law they should not get federal aid.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
Well then the federal government should cut off any and all federal aid to New York. If they will not abide by federal law they should not get federal aid.

What law? the protest is against something that is yet to happen.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Existing immigration law. That is the law that the DACA Executive Order bypassed by providing a temporary stay of immigration enforcement for qualified illegal immigrants.

That federal law.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Or better yet NY rejects federal aid.

But yea Trump kicks it where this thing belongs, to congress, but the constitutional move is not respected.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
He's the president, not a "George Soros" type.

Protest all you want, the laws are there for a reason.

Mostly due to societal failures.. GRANTED.

HOWEVER.... A lawless society is bound to knock on your door...(If you're lucky...) and ask for the minimalist acquisition of rations....

America has been this, past administrations have co-op-ed this and now we must HOLD THOSE TO OUR LAWS AND POLICIES!!

PERIOD.

Nice scam you democrats gave to these folks....

Just to garner illegal votes from illegal people!

YOUR PARTY FAILED THEM.

Not Americans who are interested in keeping with the right way of doing things...the right way meaning THE RIGHT AND LAWFUL WAY.

No party affiliation as it applies to the grammar manipulators...

Yeah, you think you're slick...

Not.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Eight hundred thousand of these DACA's here, most, the majority not children.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
People protesting the president doing things by the US Constitution.

SMMFGDH

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Eight hundred thousand of these DACA's here, most, the majority not children.

So what...

They had years to legitimize their immigration status and didn't...

You think that their parents raised them different???

The flood gates of FREE SH# was given and through such FREE SH#, and support, they felt untouchable as millions saturated the labor market, dragging down wages ....

Yeah, that's right...I'm talking about their parents... uncles, cousins, every last one that took it under the table, and thought "my kids are legit, so that in turn crosses out the fact that I'm here illegally... I'm receiving benefits for my crimes, my kids are fed, medically taken care of and educated on the backs of American taxpayers who are STILL reeling under a sustained RECESSION!!!

GET REAL FOLKS.

Seriously.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I have a question: is it to the discretion of the police to take or not fingerprints following an arrest, or if it is something that is always done? Or does it depend on the reason for arresting someone? Thank you to the member who will tell me.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow Nowhere did I say I approved..... I say they GO. Illegal is illegal, it was planed by their parents and accepted by the children knowingly of which a scarce few are anywhere near child age.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I celebrated the return of law and order be eating cheap taco-tuesday tacos.

Make mexico great again, dreamers!

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NowanKenubi
I have a question: is it to the discretion of the police to take or not fingerprints following an arrest, or if it is something that is always done? Or does it depend on the reason for arresting someone? Thank you to the member who will tell me.

Why would any member give you SUPPORT to keep illegal immigrants safe from the preestablished laws!!!???

Seriously??

You want the "inside track" to evade discovery??

Wow.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

a reply to: EternalShadow Nowhere did I say I approved..... I say they GO. Illegal is illegal, it was planed by their parents and accepted by the children knowingly of which a scarce few are anywhere near child age.

Star given..

Although the narrative is still a bit supportive.

Why?

Laws are LAWS! You get to face a judge and feel differently and WIN???

Good luck, in a REAL COURT.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow Were on the same Page EternalShadow...

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
I celebrated the return of law and order be eating cheap taco-tuesday tacos.

Make mexico great again, dreamers!

Yeah...

Keep chewing...

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

a reply to: EternalShadow Were on the same Page EternalShadow...

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Wow. I thank you. I keep re-reading my question, and all I see I asked is whether the cops have the obligation or not to take fingerprints, BECAUSE I F*****G DON'T KNOW!

If you want me to elaborate, it seems to me they SHOULD take fingerprints.

I just wanted to deny my ignorance regarding the question I asked.

Maybe I should have gone the emotional way; "Those pigs shoulda yadayada (insult), etc."?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: NowanKenubi
a reply to: EternalShadow

Wow. I thank you. I keep re-reading my question, and all I see I asked is whether the cops have the obligation or not to take fingerprints, BECAUSE I F*****G DON'T KNOW!

If you want me to elaborate, it seems to me they SHOULD take fingerprints.

I just wanted to deny my ignorance regarding the question I asked.

Maybe I should have gone the emotional way; "Those pigs shoulda yadayada (insult), etc."?

Google wasn't started by me, but I hear they help a few people here and there....

Just saying..

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: smurfy

Existing immigration law. That is the law that the DACA Executive Order bypassed by providing a temporary stay of immigration enforcement for qualified illegal immigrants.

That federal law.

It's a discretionary arrangement, (you know, a bit like those Nazis that were allowed in) and It wasn't legally challenged, while the expansion of it was though..there is a standing injunction on that part.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join