It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've been Hearing The 'Hum' For Years - And Now I'm Hearing Two Other Sounds Alongside It.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Good Morning everyone.

A few years ago there was a flurry of threads regarding a strange 'hum' sound that many people could hear. I posted a couple of comments on the odd thread because I too could hear it.

It is a low hum sound, like a vibration, and I have been hearing it continuously for years. When I first noticed it, I would go round the house unplugging everything from the sockets because I thought it might be related to something electrical. But even with everything unplugged, I could still hear it. I'd go outside and I could hear it, I'd go inside and I could hear it. Everywhere I went I could hear it.

Then a couple of years ago I began to hear another sound too. The low hum was still there, but with it was a high pitched noise. I've been hearing these two sounds continuously for quite a while.

Now, for the last few months or so, I can hear three sounds. The low hum is still there, the high pitch sound is still there, but this new sound is different to the others. This one is neither high-pitched nor a low vibrational hum, it's 'in-between' these two, and it's not a continuous unbroken sound. It seems like it's a 'pulsing' kind of sound. I'm listening to it now so I can try to describe it the best way I can.

It's a pulsing hum. The 'pulses' are long and short - imagine morse code but much MUCH lower tone of sound that has a subtle vibration that you can feel as well as hear. I can hear/feel a 'set' of pulses, then a brief stop of about a second, and a set of pulses then a stop, and repeat, repeat, repeat, on and on and on .................... never ending.

I know there were a few ATS members that could also hear the low hum a few years ago, I was just wondering if any of them are still hearing it and can they also hear/feel these or other sounds?

Just to add, I had a check up at the doc's last month and everything is fine health-wise.

Thanks for reading guys. Any questions please ask away.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

Just to add, I had a check up at the doc's last month and everything is fine health-wise.

...at the time. Keep having those check-ups .

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Keep an eye on it and keep a check on it. Any cell towers nearby?
edit on 4-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Ever tried to convert the 3rd noise into actual morse code? If its repeating over and over it might worth it to try to decode?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll
Good Morning everyone.

A few years ago there was a flurry of threads regarding a strange 'hum' sound that many people could hear. I posted a couple of comments on the odd thread because I too could hear it.

It is a low hum sound, like a vibration, and I have been hearing it continuously for years. When I first noticed it, I would go round the house unplugging everything from the sockets because I thought it might be related to something electrical. But even with everything unplugged, I could still hear it. I'd go outside and I could hear it, I'd go inside and I could hear it. Everywhere I went I could hear it.

Then a couple of years ago I began to hear another sound too. The low hum was still there, but with it was a high pitched noise. I've been hearing these two sounds continuously for quite a while.

Now, for the last few months or so, I can hear three sounds. The low hum is still there, the high pitch sound is still there, but this new sound is different to the others. This one is neither high-pitched nor a low vibrational hum, it's 'in-between' these two, and it's not a continuous unbroken sound. It seems like it's a 'pulsing' kind of sound. I'm listening to it now so I can try to describe it the best way I can.

It's a pulsing hum. The 'pulses' are long and short - imagine morse code but much MUCH lower tone of sound that has a subtle vibration that you can feel as well as hear. I can hear/feel a 'set' of pulses, then a brief stop of about a second, and a set of pulses then a stop, and repeat, repeat, repeat, on and on and on .................... never ending.

I know there were a few ATS members that could also hear the low hum a few years ago, I was just wondering if any of them are still hearing it and can they also hear/feel these or other sounds?

Thanks for reading guys. Any questions please ask away.

I don't hear the hum much these days, When i first started hearing it it sounded like a diesel engine idling parked down the road, Kept looking out the window but no truck to be found. There are a couple of posts on hear that go back a while ago. I posted a sound file on one of them that sounds simlar to what i hear. If i'm in a realy quiet area i can just hear it.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I was hearing the sounds as I was having my check-up. No health problems.

Doc said it was probably all his office electrical equipment I could hear. Told him I must have Superman hearing then because I can hear his office equipment inside my home a mile away.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Well, I did some searching on the net about the hum in Nottingham.
There seem to be quite a few cases of strange noises but they are all short lived. It seems the area is prone to have some weird sounds but I could find nothing about a constant hum, especially not for as long as two years.
I am sure if there was, someone would have mentioned it.

As to your clean bill of health. You can be healthy but still suffer from tinnitus. Considering this is going on constantly, I'd guess the noise you hear is tinnitus:

www.nhs.uk...

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Thanks for that link. I do suffer from tinitus as well but that pitch is up high like a bell or like a cricket.
where the hum is like an ommmm frequency with a vibration. I wouldn't rule tinitus out as part of it as there may be two frequency noises in harmany or reverberation if you know what i mean.
edit on 4-9-2017 by Robbo2006 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2017 by Robbo2006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

originally posted by: Gothmog

I was hearing the sounds as I was having my check-up. No health problems.

Doc said it was probably all his office electrical equipment I could hear. Told him I must have Superman hearing then because I can hear his office equipment inside my home a mile away.

Always I and I mean always get a second and third opinion, doctors, at least gp's are not gods and know very little other than their finite worlds and education.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The Hum............... When I lived in Clearwater, I was sitting at my computer one day about 4am before work and I herd it. Had never herd it before. My wife woke up and she came in the room and I asked her if she herd it. At first she didn't, but then as I started pointing out when I was hearing it.... she started hearing it too. After that we could hear every morning before the sounds of the city took over.
We moved about 60 miles away to a little town in the middle of the state..... took a listen and sure as anything.... The Hum, was still there.

For laughs we Goggled it one day, not really expecting to see any results and were completely blown away by how many people all over the world hear it too. Topic has interested me ever since

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
The Hum............... When I lived in Clearwater, I was sitting at my computer one day about 4am before work and I herd it. Had never herd it before. My wife woke up and she came in the room and I asked her if she herd it. At first she didn't, but then as I started pointing out when I was hearing it.... she started hearing it too. After that we could hear every morning before the sounds of the city took over.
We moved about 60 miles away to a little town in the middle of the state..... took a listen and sure as anything.... The Hum, was still there.

For laughs we Goggled it one day, not really expecting to see any results and were completely blown away by how many people all over the world hear it too. Topic has interested me ever since

Yes I've looked into it a few times over the years.

What I found interesting is that this 'hum' worldwide and is being called a 'phenomena', and there is a scientific inquiry into what is causing it
thehum.info...

And there is also a map that shows where the sound is heard. If the sound is tinnitus or age related hearing problems then why are the reports clustered in the same places and not spread evenly around the globe?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Didn't the "hum" start in Taos, New Mexico decades ago? Now it's a worldwide phenomena... weird. That'd drive me crazy.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I think people are being a little quick to just throw it off on a bad ear. This situation I think is more of what ATS is all about. Or at least used to be. It is indeed a mystery.

I myself hear the high pitched sound. Rather likeca constant tuning fork stuck on the same note. My doctor has cleared me as well from any ear problems.

There are so many YouTube captures of the sound too. Sure some may be bs, but I think of them are very real.

It seems to fall in that category of not being a believer of UFO's until you've seen on and then you KNOW what you saw and nobody wil tell you differently. Same with the sound. You Know what you hear.

My tuning fork sound sounds like it is on the key of a high f. Don't know if that means anything in the realm of things, but there is that. I've had it since I was a kid and as long as I'm busy it doesn't really bother me. Just another part of my packaging basically.

Zimndran: You mentioned you moved to the middle of the state. I'm north of lake Okeechobee now. Are you anywhere near there? I've only been around here for about two years now and haven't heard any low sounds as of yet, but I am out on the dark long roads every night. I see a lot of things in those big open skies that's for sure.

I'm glad you brought this back to the table OP. I get it and I understand where you are trying to come from. Don't know if it's any comfort, but thought I'd throw that out there. You aren't paddling this canoe alone up the creek.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Every time I read about the hum, I go to Stephen King's Dark Tower series and the thinnies. If you've not read the books, it's where the fabric of reality is thin. They emit a high pitch, mesmerizing whine.

Of course it's fiction, but I can't help but think about it.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I have always found this topic fascinating. I have heard a number of these sounds on videos and they are rather creepy.
Does anyone know when these sounds were first discovered?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman
I don't know a thing about sound keys or notes and tones so I'm not able to say what note it is.

But yes you described it perfectly, it's just like a high pitch ring of a tuning fork that rings forever.

The low humming is like you would expect to hear from some sort of electrical high-voltage type machinery/equipment.

The pulsing sound is a mid-low tone and it feels like it reverberates in my head, so I can feel it as well as hear it.

I am able to focus on it so I can hear it better, or I can 'tune it out' at will, so it doesn't really bug me very much. But I do understand why it drives some people batty, they aren't able to 'tune it out' and are forced to listen to it 24/7.

Thanks for your replies guys.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Binaural beats perhaps? That's 2...and the 3rd. could be a centered, central commanding frequency?

But from whom and for what purpose?????

Hmmm..... (Pun intended here)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
lol I'm a musician so thatwasthe best way for me to describe it. Think of that song from "Sound of Music" lol if your old enough to remember it. The Doe Ra Me Fa So La Te Doe.

If you can sing that in your head, it will be "Fa" although sometimes it "Te."

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

did your doctor give you specific diagnostic tests for tinnitus?

www.mayoclinic.org...

if not, might be worth doing -- just to rule it out if nothing else.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
as you may know I suffer from the "HUM" while it has somewhat gotten a lot quieter it is still present,only in my flat or other enclosed space.

I have noticed another tone that has been added to this hum it's a little higher in pitch but not by much.
If I recall I measured it and re created the frequency it was a mix of around 18 and 33 cycles. just like a diesel engine sat at idle in the distance.
I feel it travels through the ground.

The government know about this but already have a set of defined answers for you so it's hopeless trying to get them to take you seriously.

Trust me I had the local council and environment agency set up there sophisticated equipment to try and catch the phenomenon. they failed, it was a sham set up! I had recorded it on my laptop and played it back to these people but they just wrote it off even though the low frequency was literally making the flat vibrate when I turned the volume up and ran it through a sub woofer.

They didn’t want to know. try re creating it with a tone generating tool/software, see what you get.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join