It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seoul: N. Korea believed to have conducted 6th nuclear (hydrogen) test

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Not true. The way a nuclear weapon appears on a seismograph differs from how a natural earthquake appears

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

The start of the Korean war involved the UN peacekeeping forces, the bulk of which was made up by the USA (of course). Since the armistice was signed, the US has maintained a presence in S. Korea at the invite of the South Koreans.

Tilt, thats what bully empires always say; "They love Us, love to be occupied, by uS.

You'd cry havoc if a foreign army occupied your hometown.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: intrptr

Not true. The way a nuclear weapon appears on a seismograph differs from how a natural earthquake appears

Thats what I said.

And demonstrated.

Are we keeping up?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: badw0lf

Lulz you said they didn't 'threaten' anyone.

They haven't.

They are the ones being victimized by the US, as your posts exemplify.

Victim Blaming is bully tactics. Justification bullies use progresses like this:

You better watch it or you're going to get it.

This is for your own good.

Look what you made me do.

. what planet do you live on?

Not the tyrannical one you're from, thank you very much.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

We have a child running a country heading towards nukes, if they don't already have them, whom basically believes its his mission to fulfill the dream of his father and grandfather. A NK controlled Korean peninsula.

I'm more concerned about nuclear weapons in the hands of a nation of religious fanatics who believe they are God's chosen people and have no compunction about committing genocide to steal someone else's land.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
a reply to: Wardaddy454

All I read was " Waaaah, mean monster has claws, mommy please kill it it's so scary!"

In actuality the monster was just a damn shadow.

I've seen countless people from ATS saying that we need to strike first or do strategic strikes or assasinate someone over a fearful hunch while they hide behind a computer screen.

Oh but you've got such testicals that you can't even state your # hole country?stfu.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

We have a child running a country heading towards nukes, if they don't already have them, whom basically believes its his mission to fulfill the dream of his father and grandfather. A NK controlled Korean peninsula.

I'm more concerned about nuclear weapons in the hands of a nation of religious fanatics who believe they are God's chosen people and have no compunction about committing genocide to steal someone else's land.

Oh the poor palestinian people....I swear one day you will believe the words of its former leaders about them being made up to take advantage of a old enemys name and claim. Yasser arafat(the greatest pali evar) said so on a hot mike and then later on former PLO leaders admitted this was a play to get land back they lost in war by using th eworld against Israel.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I think we could take NK, and China at the same time if it really came down to it. I can't even imagine what we have in the black world, but I am sure the upwards of 100 billion or more a year isn't going to waste on nothing.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

a reply to: badw0lf

Lulz you said they didn't 'threaten' anyone.

They haven't.

They are the ones being victimized by the US, as your posts exemplify.

Victim Blaming is bully tactics. Justification bullies use progresses like this:

You better watch it or you're going to get it.

This is for your own good.

Look what you made me do.

. what planet do you live on?

Not the tyrannical one you're from, thank you very much.

lol ok comrade.

o.O

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
North Korea's ultimate goal is a unified Korean Peninsula under Kim control

They will continue with bigger badder provocations, but will get to a point where they are ready to negotiate. They know the US is bluffing with military threats. They believe the nukes will give them great bargaining power. They will agree to dismantle their nuclear missile program, in exchange for a peace treaty with USA and South Korea and demand the US remove their military presence from the south. Both sides will sign non-aggression treaties. The north will probably hide some nukes before the UN inspectors come to monitor the nuke removal. Things will calm down for a few years. When the north sees the chance, they will quickly invade and quickly take Seoul and the south's military installations, hold the south hostage until they completely take it over. Nothing can be done to stop them at this point. China may protest publicly, but in reality be very pleased. They may even be planning this with the north.

But will the US agree to pull out of South Korea?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I don't know why, they aren't talking about using them.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I don't know why, they aren't talking about using them.

Well, I can't find anything where Korea attacked another country. So far, they only talk about retaliating if they are attacked.

On the other hand, Israel has attacked Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq. They have all but admitted to assassinating Iranian scientists. They have also committed terrorist attacks against US citizens, as well as attacking a US Naval ship in international waters.

If North Korea had done any of those things, we'd have boots on the ground faster than you could say "regime change."

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

N. Korea invaded S. Korea, sparking the Korean war. China attacked UN forces when N. Korea was on the verge of losing.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
will Rodman poison this fat kids cheeseburgers already?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Those resources are very important to China's future when they finally sell us out.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

That's a civil war. They didn't attack another country.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

That's a civil war. They didn't attack another country.

smh

No. North and South Korea were two different nations. Both set up at the end of WW2.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Well, I can't find anything where Korea attacked another country. So far, they only talk about retaliating if they are attacked

Photographs from Yeongyeong island, just 120 km (75 miles) west of Seoul, showed columns of smoke rising from buildings. Two soldiers were killed in the attack, 17 wounded. Three civilians were also hurt

link from 2010

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

My bad. I did not know that.

Just five days before Japan surrendered, US officials Dean Rusk and Charles Bonesteel were given the task of delineating the US occupation zone in East Asia. Without consulting any Koreans, they arbitrarily decided to cut Korea roughly in half along the 38th parallel of latitude, ensuring that the capital city of Seoul would be in the American section. Rusk and Bonesteel's choice was enshrined in General Order No. 1, America's guidelines for administering Japan in the aftermath of the war.

Why Is the Peninsula Split into North Korea and South Korea?

Who says ATS isn't educational?

Still, having attacked only one country after WW2 is a better record than a lot of countries. Especially countries with nuclear weapons.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
A thin-cased 100 kiloton weapon optimized for gamma ray production (or even the relatively-primitive super oralloy bomb of more than 61 years ago) detonated 250 to 300 miles above Nebraska, might destroy just about every piece of unprotected electronic equipment in the continental United States, southern Canada and northern Mexico (except for small items not connected to any external wiring). Such a weapon would also very likely knock out 70 to 100 percent of the electrical grid in this very large area. Nearly all unprotected electronic communications systems would be knocked out. In the best of circumstances, as completely unprepared for such an event as we are now, reconstruction would take at least three years if the weapon were large enough to destroy large power grid transformers.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join