It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian hacking the 2016 presidential election was more widespread than originally thought.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
So as time marches on more information is coming to light about Russian hacking our last presidential election. Before the election the FBI released a document targeting certain election district with a list of known Russian hacker IP addresses. These targeted districts were predominantly Democratic not Republican. This is yuge news

youtu.be...
So did Russia steal the elections for Trump?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If Rachel Maddow says it, then it must be true.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I guess you don't like the NYT either? Or are you ok with Russia interfering in our election?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Singswithchickens

We all know Russia has a trivial involvement in propaganda. But most professionals say Russia didn't change the results.

The emails that were hacked didn't have anything damning, and it was all true. But insisting they changed the results has no evidence.

The best thing the DNC could do is admit they screwed up by putting Hillary on the ticket as opposed to Bernie. Then maybe they can fix their party.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Singswithchickens

I guess you don't like the NYT either? Or are you ok with Russia interfering in our election?

Are you okay with the US interfering with other countries elections?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
A document, and IP addresses? "yuge"? Are you serious?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Dawg, you couldn't possibly be more transparent or blatant in your attempt. I feel bad for you to be honest, this is embarrassing. You should delete account and try again with a lot more effort. We aren't actually retarded here despite what some may think or say about us.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
it's "yuge" alright.

A HUGE joke.

any dimwit can spoof an ip right?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

This doesn't get it for me. Need some proof.
Saying they are Russian can't be proved with the Wikileaks info that the US CIA has the hacking codes for Russia, China, Iran, etc.intended to blame CIA's hacks on others. Not to mention that Homeland Security actually did hack into 2-3 states (GA and Fl). Dallas is actually being investigated for people going to register people and filling in their mail in ballot as Dem. without asking.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Or are you ok with Russia interfering in our election?

Something about a pot and a kettle came to mind when I read this.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Yet you are okay with the Hillary campaign colluding with the media in an attempt to win an election.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
it's "yuge" alright.

A HUGE joke.

any dimwit can spoof an ip right?

I think you mean a YUGE joke

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Yeah, and I have been saying it for awhile. Comey and others said Russia was real, and trump said it was a nothingburger. Whatever! This should be addressed by the POTUS, who said that the election was a "sacred" process, and that it was "rigged" just like anything else that does not go his way. He wins the election, and shuts up completely about how the elections were rigged. He should have been all over this. Ask yourself this, Russia hacks, and does it over and over. trump says they did not(now he says" maybe they did, maybe they didn't", knowing damn well what U.S. intel has reported to him. He then wins the election, and everything is just peachy. People who see nothing wrong with this, see what they want to see. Don't believe me, how bout those new sanctions against Russia. For doing what trump said they did not!

trump is the one, who wanted to get to the bottom of how the elections were rigged, until of coarse he won.....Look I am not saying Russia affected the election, if fact I don't know what they did or how they did it. All I know is U.S. intel says there is something wrong. You can all look it up yourselves, If you don't know what I am talking about, its because you don't want to. Good day to all.....

edit on 2-9-2017 by kurthall because: add

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I don't know what they did or how they did it. All I know is U.S. intel says there is something wrong.

Don't believe everything our government tells you.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Russia again. The source of all evil in the world. Putin must be the devil himself.

I forget what they even allegedly did. Expose political corruption? How awful! They didn't even do that of course.

I find it odd the side who are so quick to denounce the other as xenophobic harbour what seems to be genuine xenophobia for Russia. Classic projection.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
read a very interesting article about this a couple days ago... i find it troubling how the interference is known to have been so widespread, and how little is being done to investigate it and parse what the effects really were. doesn't exactly instill a lot of confidence in the process or the system...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Wow! You mean the Russians went in the voting booths and pulled the levers for Trump?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
We're going on ten months since the election and still no solid evidence or indicments yet regarding the Russians? This will still be discussed in 2020 when Trump's re-elected.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
And yet...

Dallas County election officials say they are confident the Russians did not hack, sabotage, or infiltrate any of the county's web servers.

Link.

So is anybody surprised by the attempts? Does anyone think it was only this election cycle? Wanna bet the Chinese have their fingerprints all over these county servers too? How about a dozen or more other countries, including our very own allies?

Incidentally, the voter roles in most states are publicly available online to anyone. Visiting a site doesn't necessarily mean you have an intention to hack it. Although, I'm pretty sure our enemies (and friends) try...even when there isn't an election.

Do we need to do something about hardening these systems? Absolutely. But pardon my suspicion about any commitment to that end, when it always gets painted as a 'Russia/Trump collusion thing'.
edit on 2-9-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

How did they interfere ?
Did they hack the voting machines ? No , they cant .
Did they hold weapons on folks to make em vote a specific way ? No. At least not for me (that wouldnt have ended well for them anyway)
Release emails from Clinton and the DNC's servers showing the deep corruption of the election process by the DNC ? That remains to be seen. But the people sure do appreciate it . The people that are US citizens anyway.
Next
Done

top topics

<<   2 >>

join