It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal sacrifices - Are they still required and what does it mean?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
As I have said before in one of my threads "Not everyone on this planet is a child of God. Let those who are enlightened see this for what it is.

Before the biblical scholars come rushing out to make their statements I ask you look into this not only with world academia text book knowledge but also from a spiritual side of your essence. Some can do this others can not.

Animal sacrifices go way way back ..... there is a difference between an animal sacrifice and an offer. Digest and understand... before the Israelites - wasn't Cain and Able properly trained by their parents to give up a portion of their crops and livestock as an "offer" to God? Was this something that Adam and Eve had to learn or did they already instinctively know this practice - being perfect creations from God? Since the beginning of time an offer was made to God - an offer of thanks. The reason Cain's offer of fruits of the land was rejected and Abel's offer of animal sacrifice was accepted had nothing to do with animal sacrifice but Cain's attitude and where his heart laid on this subject and then became bitter once he saw how God accepted Abel offer and rejected Cain's. God even spoke to Cain about this and warned him to change his heart but he refused.

Offerings to God continued but something new came to mankind and it was disobedience and disrespect to God .... what we call sin today..... Now that sin comes into play, the game changes.... a price for sin must be paid and this price is high for it requires blood (life) another words a life for a life (can you understand) and the sacrificed animals blood being poured out on the altar and NOT on the ground during worship to the creator will turn his anger away from that sinner and not only forgive but FORGET that person's sin. Blessings will come to the sinner and he will prosper (meaning not die) but our creator became weary of those sacrifices, he could see it lost its original meaning (here is where one part of prophecy comes into play) animal blood no longer pays for sin .... here is where Christ comes into action by coming to earth to be the LAST and ONLY sacrifice to God, a payment so why a payment? Christ was involved with making mankind, "Lets make man in our image" He was there with his father at time of Genesis. Payment for sin was paid on the cross when he spilled out his blood and died on the cross as a man. Jesus wilfully gave up his life as a sacrifice - one reason why is also known as "The slain lamb". This sacrifice is payment ONLY for those who accept this sacrifice for themselves meaning..... you are a disciple of Christ - you sins are covered (forgiven and forgotten) upon repentance and while walking with Christ (spiritually) will keep you on the narrow path to the Father. For some it is an easy task for others we make it too hard for ourselves - you see we expect to see everything in the physical world as truth and for the most we do - but many can not see or feel the other side - the invisible side to the human eye - the spiritual worlds. The murder of Christ covers all sin but not for everyone - those who reject Christ and REFUSE to change are NOT covered under the covenant of Christ - these people have no spiritual protection from God leaving them open to spiritual attacks and HELL.

In the beginning of the OT after the Israelites were released from Egypt and priest were assigned (Book of Leviticus) is when animal sacrifices became LAW for those who sinned including times of both both temples in Jerusalem, priests were the ones who slaughtered animals, poured its blood onto the alter, then took off certain parts of the meat for themselves and their families for they were allowed to eat parts of the sacrifice and burnt the rest of the animal in a large fire ... dedicating the animal WHICH someone had given to a priest for their sin. A perfect animal with no blemish, the best of the best, this was acceptable to our God at those times, as a SIGN of repentance and that sign was blood.

As we know the importance of blood, we forget what blood does to a living being.... we breathe properly due to proper amounts of oxygen, allowing the heart and brain to properly function... etc..... it does not take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. I cut off an arm or a leg and you will survive UNLESS you bleed out..... so body/animal parts do not cut it ..... back then when violence was on every corner..... seeing someone dead and burning at the local dump site was a common everyday way of life.... so pouring animal blood on an altar was never an offensive or disgusting sight.

Being human and walking around in my skin - I have my own issues one of them being patience ..... how I wish I could be a calm and patient man - how I LET my emotions sometimes control me and not wisdom. Failing to slow down and pray for advice and WAIT for God's answer which comes in dreams and visions. Emotions are false and fake yet we follow them - an evil effective trick that works since the Garden of Eden.

I have sinned, I am a sinner, I have lied so I am a liar, I have stolen so I am a thief I have been disobedient and disrespected God and his creation and yet I praise the Father, Son ,and Holy Spirit knowing my sins are covered from the blood of Christ when I SINCERELY REPENT. Sins are NOT covered until God see you really are repentive and you truly see the error of your sins.

Let it be known in heaven and hell that I am a disciple and follower of Christ and having the creator deny me as his child and rejecting me is much worse than punishment in any hell. Being rejected by your creator .... to me is the all time worst punishment for mankind.

Would you like to meet the Holy Spirit?

edit on 31-8-2017 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer
I offered my own answer in my older threads.
The key is the fact that "blood" stands for "life".

I’ve been coming to the conclusion that what this God really wants from his people is that they should be offering their own lives.
The essence of sin is that they have not been offering themselves. They have been holding something back, acting in disobedience.
So the purpose of the blood-sacrifice is to remedy that omission by presenting a symbol of the self-offering.
“We understand that we owe you our lives. Here are some lives, as a token of our debt.”
A visible offering of some kind is necessary, because this is a culture in which everything has to be acted out.
The action is expressing a recognition of their previous failure, and an implied promise to do better.

See also Blood and the God of Life
And Atonement in the Old Testament

edit on 31-8-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

The purpose of sacrificing live animals was not to so much to gain God's favor but to make sure everyone in the tribe respected tradition and tribal rules. Maybe we need to bring back the practice for certain politicians and lobbyists. Human sacrifice may be the only way we restore our government to respect and address issues that have meaning to the general public.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I offered my own answer in my older threads.
The key is the fact that "blood" stands for "life".

I’ve been coming to the conclusion that what this God really wants from his people is that they should be offering their own lives.
The essence of sin is that they have not been offering themselves. They have been holding something back, acting in disobedience.
So the purpose of the blood-sacrifice is to remedy that omission by presenting a symbol of the self-offering.
“We understand that we owe you our lives. Here are some lives, as a token of our debt.”
A visible offering of some kind is necessary, because this is a culture in which everything has to be acted out.
The action is expressing a recognition of their previous failure, and an implied promise to do better.

You can only know this due to it being revealed to you by God. You are a child of God and your reward will be living with God in his house. I pray and hope one day we walk together in God's house.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
It's also stated directly in Leviticus ch17 v11

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The purpose of sacrificing live animals was not to so much to gain God's favor but to make sure everyone in the tribe respected tradition and tribal rules. Maybe we need to bring back the practice for certain politicians and lobbyists. Human sacrifice may be the only way we restore our government to respect and address issues that have meaning to the general public.

Sorry but this is incorrect. Animal sacrifice (at that time frame in history) and pouring blood on the altar is to turn God's anger away from that sinner who deserves death - an option that God allowed - for those seeking repentance and a personal relationship with the creator.

You speak of man made traditions while I speak of God's LAW and the reason for Jesus appearance on on this world and its inhabitants which belongs to the creator.

Human sacrifice well known in Satanic and Luciferian worship and cults.

We are all slaves and servants but to which master do you serve?

What we think does not matter - what God thinks - has to do with eternal life and that is right up my alley!

God bless you dnfj2015 and may Christ visit you in your dreams.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
We are all slaves and servants but to which master do you serve?

What we think does not matter - what God thinks - has to do with eternal life and that is right up my alley!

God bless you dnfj2015 and may Christ visit you in your dreams.

So you pretend to speak for God by knowing what God thinks. No one knows what God thinks. Maybe man's greatest possible sin is pretending to speak for God.

I disagree with you we are all slaves and servants. An omnipotent God needs absolutely NOTHING from us just as a parent needs nothing from a small child. A parent's love is unconditional regardless of the child's behaviors. An omnipotent God would no be any different in my opinion.

God blesses me regardless of how I practice my religion. But unlike you, I don't idol worship. Christ is a false idol. There is only one true all-power all-loving God. And that God is God. I hope some day you discover what love really means and then you will be like God on Earth. Until then, keep judging people according to your false delusions.

I don't have to wish God to bless since you are already blessed. And I would never presume to speak for God.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

What are your thoughts on Islam,... wherein, they deny the divinity of Jesus, yet recognize him as Messiah and Prophet,... and offer animal sacrifices (hadi) during pilgrimage to Mecca (Hajj)?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This is so strange
In Isaiah 1 11 I am sure, God says he doesn't want sacrifice, He wants mercy
You might find it interesting to study where sacrificing animals originated

It was never about sacrifice, where did God ask for sacrifice?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
See also Jeremiah ch7 vv22-23, the same story.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Christ was not the last sacrifice.

Christians continued to sacrifice children for some time.

I would argue that child sacrifices still happen in certain circles.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I don't idol worship. Christ is a false idol.

AND this is why according to truth you will end up in hell for your sins and they will not be forgiven. You will not see a resurrection. Your Islamic God ALLAH a known moon god and demon who serves under one of the kings of hell is a liar and false god misleading billions of people to their deaths.

You come to the father ONLY through the SON.

YES I idolise my Christ, you should see my home, a sanctity, where the Holy Spirit is often seen as he enters or leaves but you would not be able to walk past the arch way of my front door without either becoming very sick or very agitated and uncomfortable wanting to leave. My family and friends find it fascinating and weird at the same time.

To "toot my horn" had a few people who tried many times to enter through the archway of my door and are stopped dead cold in their tracks and cannot enter and I do not invite people into my home.....either they can enter or not.

#1 Rule in my house: We do not invite people into our home, they can either enter or not. When people ask if they can enter into my home, I say, "if you can".

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

SEMIRAMIS

NIMROD

TAMMUZ

go figure....................

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

What are your thoughts on Islam,... wherein, they deny the divinity of Jesus, yet recognize him as Messiah and Prophet,... and offer animal sacrifices (hadi) during pilgrimage to Mecca (Hajj)?

I believe their are true Muslims and wannabe muslims just like there are Christians and wannabe Christians.....and it is easy to see the difference if you know how to use the spirit of discernment, one of the holy gifts the Holy spirit will give you IF he wants to. Like I said ..... gift. Without listening to his words or analysing his character and flaws must you judge because Jesus knows who his disciples are as disciples can recognise one another. I am a disciple of Christ and a servant to Jesus and his father.

I believe there is only one way to God, through Jesus, his begotten son as written in the NT.

I believe there is one truth and Jesus is that truth and ONLY way.

ANYONE who rejects Christ will not enter paradise where God resides. This is truth and my belief.

I am a NDE survivor of course.... died after doctor called time of death I was out of there......so I have been to the other side. I know what is behind door #1 and door #2.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
This is so strange
In Isaiah 1 11 I am sure, God says he doesn't want sacrifice, He wants mercy
You might find it interesting to study where sacrificing animals originated

It was never about sacrifice, where did God ask for sacrifice?

The problem with debating religion, especially the bible are due to too many opinions and how each verse translate which leads only to bickering which I will not participate in. But if you back up quite a few books and read the entire torah (5 books of Noah) your answer will be clearly answered in great clear detail.

How about that, huh?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
God didn't just get here yesterday. He is in yesterday, today, and tomorrow all at the same time.

Animal sacrifice was a symbolic training tool in preparation of him being the only one whos blood was untainted in sin. The only one whos blood was clean ,to have the power over death.

Time is relevant only to us ( I guess also to aliens ( Sons of God, Angelic, both good and bad).

After Yeshua Christ Jesus died on the cross, releasing his own spirit from his human body, he then went to a place where all before him were being held captive ( If I am remembering this correctly) He set them free, before coming back and arising from the grave.

Jesus is arisen! He is indeed!
And he is here among us in spirit just as he always was.

In the beginning was the Word,
And the Word was with God,
And the Word was God, And the Word was made flesh,
and tented ( Camped in a human fleshly body) among us.

May The One Who holds the Universe in the palm of his hand, be both your master and lover, all the days of your life!

edit on 31-8-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

So you pretend to speak for God by knowing what God thinks. No one knows what God thinks. Maybe man's greatest possible sin is pretending to speak for God.

God is known to talk many times and some of those times are recorded in the torah... word for word.... spoken down orally until put to pen. God talks to his children today, can't you hear him? Does he not visit you in your dreams?

No? hmmmm......strange.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
Christ was not the last sacrifice.

Christians continued to sacrifice children for some time.

I would argue that child sacrifices still happen in certain circles.

I see your point but the sacrifice that Jesus made is different...how? He made a deal with his Father. He convinced his father to pay for mankind's sins.

Any idea how many times God wanted to destroy mankind but only did it once? How many times Moses was laid out flat begging God to not destroy all of Israel? Do you know how long the angles have been holding back the four winds? Do you know when the prince of Persia returned?

Let those who are enlightened understand BECAUSE it is EXPECTED of you.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kais123

SEMIRAMIS

NIMROD

TAMMUZ

go figure....................

We all know these myths..... great childhood stories as they are...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
God didn't just get here yesterday. He is in yesterday, today, and tomorrow all at the same time.

Animal sacrifice was a symbolic training tool in preparation of him being the only one whos blood was untainted in sin. The only one whos blood was clean ,to have the power over death.

Time is relevant only to us ( I guess also to aliens ( Sons of God, Angelic, both good and bad).

After Yeshua Christ Jesus died on the cross, releasing his own spirit from his human body, he then went to a place where all before him were being held captive ( If I am remembering this correctly) He set them free, before coming back and arising from the grave.

Jesus is arisen! He is indeed!
And he is here among us in spirit just as he always was.

In the beginning was the Word,
And the Word was with God,
And the Word was God, And the Word was made flesh,
and tented ( Camped in a human fleshly body) among us.

May The One Who holds the Universe in the palm of his hand, be both your master and lover, all the days of your life!

AMEN .....sounds good enough bottom line your words show the acceptance of who Jesus the Christ, messiah, Son of Man, Slain lamb, Word of God, God the Father, Son and his Holy Spirit. AMEN

No reason to argue any further or debate another bible versus EVER. AMEN The secret out! The puzzle is almost finished and you can see its completion!

Now comes the hard part ..... fighting temptation.....not giving into evil ....when walking in the footsteps of Christ your spirit is protected. Evil can approach but they too must follow and when told with Christ's authority they must do as told. Most are very weak and beg and cry.

Not easy to do and sometimes I fall down, but Jesus is there picking me up and dusting off my clothes and putting me back on the road to home.

Would you like to meet the Holy spirit?

Let those with enlightenment understand because you are expected to otherwise are you a disciple of Christ?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join