It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal sacrifices - Are they still required and what does it mean?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Paying with money is a Form of sacrifice in a way. A lamb or an ox would be a psychopump.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Cain and Abel were making offerings of the best of themselves or at least that's my understanding. They best they had to offer.

Abel did so with all humility, but Cain resented giving the best of himself to God.

As to the idea of blood sacrifice, the simplest statement to be made is that the wages of sin is death. Without a way to make payment for your sin, you die. Life for life is why the concept of blood was necessary and still is through Christ, only now it is His blood and life for our sins.
edit on 31-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You say a life for a life was required, regarding the blood sacrifice for sin. How does this make sense, if the sin committed didn't involve taking a life? In fact, most sins don't involve taking another's life. So, how does offering up blood do anything to even the ledger?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
You say a life for a life was required, regarding the blood sacrifice for sin. How does this make sense, if the sin committed didn't involve taking a life? In fact, most sins don't involve taking another's life. So, how does offering up blood do anything to even the ledger?

God cannot abide sin. The wages of sin is death.

There needs to be a way to cleanse that sin and death was and is the only way. So that is where the sacrifice comes in.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

There needs to be a way to cleanse that sin and death was and is the only way. So that is where the sacrifice comes in.

Thank you, Ketsuko.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Not exactly on the topic but it seems I've come across a thread with some knowledgable Christians on it. I'd like to know others opinions on a Christian eating halal meat? I avoid this as I'm not sure atall, some say it's okay if you feel uncomfortable you could pray over it. I know Jesus ate with sinners & said something along the lines of what goes in your mouth does not make you unclean, I believe Paul said avoid meat sacrificed to idols, forgive me if I'm wrong I'm still learning, I see somebody says the animal is sacrificed at Mecca. Is all halal meat not a sacrifice? I believe they say a prayer? Thanks

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Thank you, Ketsuko. That explanation, I can understand.

So, this suggests that all sins are equal, yes? If one person steals a tiny amount of wheat from his wealthy neighbor's field, and another person kills the food provider of a poor family down the road- the sentence for both is death?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Staycurious
If you read Paul's full advice in 1 Corinthians ch10, his conclusions are;
It is NOT Ok to take part in the religious ceremonies of other gods, such as ceremonial banquets.
It IS Ok to buy meat in the meat markets without worrying about whether it was killed in a religious ceremony, because that's not taking part in them. But it might be better to avoid the meat if eating it might weaken the faith of somebody else.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Thank you, that makes sense, I just always had the feeling that things sacrificed to other gods or idols were Infact being offered to demons. & I see Paul addresses that too saying they sacrifice to Devils & not God. But I also see that you're correct and he goes on to say eat whatever is set before you, I'm a little confused about the "asking no questions for conscience sake" is that for other people's conscience sake? I see the next verse explains somebody else pointing out it is sacrificed to idols then to not eat it for their conscience sake.
Thanks for answering my question & thankyou for providing scripture in your answer.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Staycurious
A more modern translation of v25 says "without raising any question on the ground of conscience". That is, your own conscience does not need to know the answer to the question.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: Raggedyman
This is so strange
In Isaiah 1 11 I am sure, God says he doesn't want sacrifice, He wants mercy
You might find it interesting to study where sacrificing animals originated

It was never about sacrifice, where did God ask for sacrifice?

The problem with debating religion, especially the bible are due to too many opinions and how each verse translate which leads only to bickering which I will not participate in. But if you back up quite a few books and read the entire torah (5 books of Noah) your answer will be clearly answered in great clear detail.

How about that, huh?

Anything is better than using your mind

Where did animal,sacrifice begin, do you know
Where does God demand animal sacrifice

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staycurious
Not exactly on the topic but it seems I've come across a thread with some knowledgable Christians on it. I'd like to know others opinions on a Christian eating halal meat? I avoid this as I'm not sure atall, some say it's okay if you feel uncomfortable you could pray over it. I know Jesus ate with sinners & said something along the lines of what goes in your mouth does not make you unclean, I believe Paul said avoid meat sacrificed to idols, forgive me if I'm wrong I'm still learning, I see somebody says the animal is sacrificed at Mecca. Is all halal meat not a sacrifice? I believe they say a prayer? Thanks

It's more important what comes out of your mouth than what goes in it
Christians are allowed to eat what they want, we are not under any laws. We live for love, if you eat, eat with a loving heart, love God, love each other
We can eat at pagan feasts, we can eat food sacrificed to idols, we are not subject to any laws
If what you eat offends someone, don't eat it. That's not loving

Jesus ended all the rules and regulations, ended religion, new covenant of love

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

a reply to: dfnj2015

I don't idol worship. Christ is a false idol.

AND this is why according to truth you will end up in hell for your sins and they will not be forgiven. You will not see a resurrection. Your Islamic God ALLAH a known moon god and demon who serves under one of the kings of hell is a liar and false god misleading billions of people to their deaths.

You come to the father ONLY through the SON.

YES I idolise my Christ, you should see my home, a sanctity, where the Holy Spirit is often seen as he enters or leaves but you would not be able to walk past the arch way of my front door without either becoming very sick or very agitated and uncomfortable wanting to leave. My family and friends find it fascinating and weird at the same time.

To "toot my horn" had a few people who tried many times to enter through the archway of my door and are stopped dead cold in their tracks and cannot enter and I do not invite people into my home.....either they can enter or not.

#1 Rule in my house: We do not invite people into our home, they can either enter or not. When people ask if they can enter into my home, I say, "if you can".

So much wrong with this
My door and heart, like Christs is always open to sinners
No judgement, no hate, just love (well I am working hard on it)

Sounds like your god rejects people, we are not worshiping the same

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Sin is separation from God.

A sin separates you from God because you are walking away from His will.

The theft of a thing is still theft and we are commanded not to steal.

Murder is still murder and we are commanded not to murder.

“Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. 17 “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”
Matthew 15: 16-20

I can see you playing with words trying to soften the line, but the long and short of it is that you are parsing murder and theft. Jesus says both defile. They are evil. To do them takes you away from God and into sin.

So yes, the wages of sin is death and you need to repent of them and that's part of what Christ's sacrifice was for.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Jesus is not the same man as he was in the bible.....he rules now....he judges all ... NOT his Father.

The book of Revelation clearly shows Jesus return and how he sets up a monarchy system where one King rules this planet.

Have you forgotten when Jesus beat those with a rope in the temple selling sacrificial animals and money changers. How he destroyed that area without being arrested,.

I know you will be shocked when you bend your knee.

Jesus returns as a conqueror and king with his army. Does not sound like all love and kisses are in order.

You are not enlightened. You do not know God or his son on a personal level do you?.

Does God talk and walk with you in your dreams? NO?

God speaks to his children and his children can hear his voice? Can you hear him?

Those who reject God or his son will be rejected. Those who say he is not my God is not a child of God. Many on this planet are NOT God's children. Pretty easy to understand.

God's children do not land in hell.

As I say - Let those who are enlightened understand.

edit on 31-8-2017 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

No Jesus is God, God doesnt change
God always wanted mercy over sacrifice. Man wanted sacrifice, God allowed it, God even implemented a standard for the sacrifices He didnt want

The book of Revelation clearly clearly shows Jesus return and how He will set up His kingdom, He hasnt yet.

Yes Christ did chastise the money changers in the temple, Jesus is God, He can do that. I am not God, I am called to love

My knees, my heart, my soul is bent everyday, to my God and those around me. I am a servant because Jesus asked me to be

Jesus comes to set the captives free and RIGHTFULLY judge the world.
He takes no pleasure in what has to be done

Your god is not my God

Does my God talk to me in my dreams? I have the bible, it usurps my imaginations and visions. Not all visions are from God
Do I hear His voice. I have heard the Holy Spirit, in line with Gods word in the bible

You deathslayer will hear me or you wont, you will seek and search or you wont
Your anger is evident, no softness.
Christ died for sinners, you wouldnt, you seem like a person who would judge, condemn and execute them. Not Christianity

You would do well to read the sermon on the mount, over and over
Then go read what the fruit of the Holy Spirit is

God bless you, when I say that.
I mean, may your world fall apart and you have to draw closer to God

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Animal sacrifices go way way back ..... there is a difference between an animal sacrifice and an offer. Digest and understand... before the Israelites - wasn't Cain and Able properly trained by their parents to give up a portion of their crops and livestock as an "offer" to God? Was this something that Adam and Eve had to learn or did they already instinctively know this practice - being perfect creations from God? Since the beginning of time an offer was made to God - an offer of thanks. The reason Cain's offer of fruits of the land was rejected and Abel's offer of animal sacrifice was accepted had nothing to do with animal sacrifice but Cain's attitude and where his heart laid on this subject and then became bitter once he saw how God accepted Abel offer and rejected Cain's. God even spoke to Cain about this and warned him to change his heart but he refused.

Hi again Deathslayer. I will try and keep my thoughts short.
I have a broad (but general) knowledge of many of the worlds faiths. Because of this wide perspective I have seen commonalities among both the Eastern and Western religions.
So there is an account in the Eastern root religion (Vedic lineage) of Demi Gods visiting our planet. The remnants of the time these Demigods were here ruling us, still exist today. The Pantheon of Hindu gods worshiped in India are in fact beings from other planets. Higher beings.
But before the arrival of these beings there was in India a monotheistic religion. Which I must say is coming back to India and fast becoming the accepted teaching . For there has been a revival of there original teachings. Through the efforts of Prabhupada Bhaktivedanta and the Hare Krishna movement.

So to we find in the Abrahamic lineage there was a visitation from the higher beings. (fallen angels)
From my study it seems quite clear that during and after this period in history. The once virtuous human state was corrupted. Because of the influence of the fallen angels.
It is my understanding that these impious acts came to fruition during this period of rule. Animal sacrifice, hunting, and meat eating became prevalent during this time.
Before then, as is written in book 1 Genesis we most certainly were eating fruits seeds nuts berries and vegetation. Not meat.
Animal sacrifice most certainly is not a pious act. And as the Word is written on our hearts , we do not need a book to tell us this.
Whenever (light) or something pure and righteous comes to, or is taught in this world, it will come under attack by what is dark.
The pure teaching (which is at the foundation of all religions) has constantly got to be re introduced into this world.
The pure teachings and the pure teachers are not wanted in this world and are constantly under threat.
The care takers of each lamp stand (who are the wick trimmers) over time lose there way. The lamps then begin to flicker. Then people cannot see clearly.
When this happens someone will be sent to correct what has gone astray.
For example: In India Buddha came in a time where animal sacrifice was everywhere. He taught to not harm any creature. He was re establishing the pure teachings. To a degree.
In the same way Jesus came. He to corrected what had gone astray. And in more recent times we have Srila Prabhupada Bhativedanta who also taught the purer teaching for us to follow.
When you become aware of what Gods pure teachings are, it is very easy to see what has become corrupt and what is virtuous and pure.

I will finish by saying this: When the wick trimmers of each lamp stand lose there purity and soil there own white garments, by the way of impious acts, such as animal sacrifice. And forget to act in the way of pure love. The light of the lamp stand grows dim and flickers. When this happens we all lose our way and get lost in the confusion of darkness.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

[535] For when the gods and mortal men had a dispute at Mecone, even then Prometheus was forward to cut up a great ox and set portions before them, trying to deceive the mind of Zeus. Before the rest he set flesh and inner parts thick with fat upon the hide, covering them with an ox paunch; [540] but for Zeus he put the white bones dressed up with cunning art and covered with shining fat.

Then the father of men and of gods said to him: "Son of Iapetus, most glorious of all lords, good sir, how unfairly you have divided the portions!" [545] So said Zeus whose wisdom is everlasting, rebuking him.

But wily Prometheus answered him, smiling softly and not forgetting his cunning trick: "Zeus, most glorious and greatest of the eternal gods, take which ever of these portions your heart within you bids." [550] So he said, thinking trickery.

But Zeus, whose wisdom is everlasting, saw and failed not to perceive the trick, and in his heart he thought mischief against mortal men which also was to be fulfilled. With both hands he took up the white fat and was angry at heart, and wrath came to his spirit [555] when he saw the white ox-bones craftily tricked out: and because of this the tribes of men upon earth burn white bones to the deathless gods upon fragrant altars.

But Zeus who drives the clouds was greatly vexed and said to him: "Son of Iapetus, clever above all! [560] So, sir, you have not yet forgotten your cunning arts!" So spake Zeus in anger, whose wisdom is everlasting; and from that time he was always mindful of the trick, and would not give the power of unwearying fire to the Melianrace of mortal men who live on the earth.

[565] But the noble son of Iapetus outwitted him and stole the far-seen gleam of unwearying fire in a hollow fennel stalk. And Zeus who thunders on high was stung in spirit, and his dear heart was angered when he saw amongst men the far-seen ray of fire.
Hesiod, Theogony

Hesiod critics like to point out that he exaggerated the foresight of Zeus in order to seem more pious and in line with the major cult of the time. The story itself is older than Hesiod. He reframed it.

Homer is older than Hesiod. In the Odyssey there are many instances in which the voyagers would put a portion of the meat and fat on a spit over the cooking fire and let it be burned completely, signifying a common meal with the gods. Those who eat together journey together.

Modern views of nature and biosphere indicate that we are all in this together. Pious attitude would be, "We who eat shall also be eaten. The circle of life continues." Seems morbid but it is what it is.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Have you forgotten when Jesus beat those with a rope in the temple selling sacrificial animals and money changers. How he destroyed that area without being arrested,.

It wasn't a rope, it was a scourge. Semantics, perhaps. But it would definitely be more painful getting struck with the scourge in my opinion. No doubt if any other person did this it would be viewed as a sinful act. Since it was Jesus though, apparently it's not a sin. All I'm saying is there is a double standard.

In this painting from the 1600s Jesus is about to strike a woman.

No doubt she harbored evil thoughts in her heart. She should know her place!

PS I notice you love reminding everyone in every thread you make how enlightened you are compared to the rest of us. Since you also love to point out how many of us will feel the wrath of God, allow me to remind you of a passage from your book.

Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.

Proverbs 16:5

edit on 9-2-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Last time I checked, animal sacrifices were just lousy excuses to exchange energy for wishes or prayers, like rain or not piss of some God of the underworld who farts thru volcanoes. Human sacrifices were just miserable excuses of keeping a desperate tribe alive even though they probably did end up sacrificing their leader if all that blood didn't have any value and it still sun still bright an smiling all while suffering an choking in it everlasting gaze.

As far as I know his crucifixion is supposed to be the ultimate one where everyone after his death need not pay in blood or have fear of not reuniting with God when they die, an all our stupidity when upper management kicked in.

I drank all the Dragon an goat blood, anybody got any blood of the lamb they could toss at me.

Its a once in after life time opportunity!!! Get while supplies last.
edit on 3-9-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join