It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal sacrifices - Are they still required and what does it mean?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The sacrifice is a reconstruction of an traumatizing Event. What did the people in the old days sacrifice ? Animals that were pressues to them, in some cases it would ruin the whole family to loose such an animal etc in an accident or natural catastrophy or maybe war. So to relive this Situation and get over it is the use of a sacrifice.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: KansasGirl

Sin is separation from God.

A sin separates you from God because you are walking away from His will.

The theft of a thing is still theft and we are commanded not to steal.

Murder is still murder and we are commanded not to murder.

“Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. 17 “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”
Matthew 15: 16-20

I can see you playing with words trying to soften the line, but the long and short of it is that you are parsing murder and theft. Jesus says both defile. They are evil. To do them takes you away from God and into sin.

So yes, the wages of sin is death and you need to repent of them and that's part of what Christ's sacrifice was for.

I am not playing with words. I am trying to understand. It makes no sense to me that all sins are equally deserving of death.

Do not tell me what I am trying to do. I was raised in an extremely fundamentalist Christian household, and have been trying to untangle some trauma and find an understanding and right relationship with God my entire adult life. That is where my question is coming from. Take your arrogant assumptions and stuff them. By the way, I suppose I deserve death from that sin I just committed against you, yes?

Keep your arrogant assumptions to yourself next time.

<< 1  2   >>

join