It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Distant galaxy sends out 15 high-energy radio bursts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
A curved pattern, where the rate of change for y(freq) is disproportional to x(time) may mean more of a natural process.
You would think that if it was a communication, or manufactured signal, That it would be more of a straight line, and y would be proportional to time. Just 2c.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Maybe it was this...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: makalit

What if these frequencies start traveling faster when they reach outer space? Do we have any examples of proof that they travel the same speed?

Yes, it's called light...and it has a known speed.

edit on 31-8-2017 by gymbeau2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

correct, it may not be a natural source

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

can someone (who is capable!) explain to me why that graphic is animated?

If I see it correctly, the x axis is already using a unit of time. Is each frame a burst and if yes what was the common trigger for all of them used to plot that graphic?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
It's only a matter of time..

Actually neither time or matter have any bearing on the issue...

Which is even less vague than your vagueness.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The light speed barrier plus the exponentially increasing amount of energy required for mass to get near it, implies that we're in an artificially built "universe" which is a model not intended for Star Wars style space travel.
edit on 17201706amk2017 by yosako because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Damn ET's are trying to pirate Game of Thrones from three billion years in the past.

And that's the truth-if these FRB's were the result of alien technology they could have pulled a Fermi and went extinct, and if this may be the remnants of advanced race that thrived three billion years ago it would take 3 billion years before they find out that R+L=J.

There are some people who think we can directly contact aliens, and they don't know how to science. If we sent a message to the nearest star it would take roughly 8.6 years to get a response, and that's if Alpha and Proxima Centauri had planets that could sustain intelligent life. If NASA and SETI teamed up and found a signal originating from a system 40 light years away and sent a response, everyone who is reading this will be dead before we get a reply.

It would take a monumental shift of the laws of physics to suggest that FTL travel and communication is possible, but maybe we could have misinterpreted the laws of science all along and FTL travel and communication is possible, if that was the case then we could tell our neighbors that Jon Snow's real name is...

There has to be life out there somewhere and we will find it, but contacting intelligent life? forget about it.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Galaxy "sent" radio bursts, a lonnnng time ago.

With our internet attention spans, this should be forgotten in .oooooooooooo1 micro light seconds.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

What radio bursts?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: yosako
The light speed barrier plus the exponentially increasing amount of energy required for mass to get near it, implies that we're in an artificially built "universe" which is a model not intended for Star Wars style space travel.

So i guess the whole thing about nullifying your mass to zero thereby decreasing energy needed to achieve light speed and beyond might break your assumption correct?(hint the Breakaways have that tech btw)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I have been thinking about this and have a pretty out there theory about it. If this is the result of intelligence, maybe someone, somewhere in the universe has figured out how to "hack" the universe on some level, at any location they desire, and is using the power of a black hole to send a message even though they are not located at said black hole. Maybe through the use of quantum physics or some sort of physics you don't start to understand until your science is millions or billions of years ahead of ours. In this case, maybe there is a message, but its incomprehensible to us. The radio bursts coming out of the black hole (if in fact a black hole is the source) may be from an entirely different point in space and or time. Or even another universe.

edit on 1-9-2017 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
And yet the news will report on squabbling politicians and the fools who are taking sides with them, a piece on diversity and multiculturalism, the latest celebrity baby or tweet and a squirrel water skiing.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
And in the end all the radio wave hubbub was just the "I Love Lucy Show" being shot back at us.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Interesting theory.

Prior to FRBs being identified positionally within the universe, I used to think it maybe possible that the energy was the result of universes bumping into each other.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

That's some outside of the box right there.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22622696]yuppa

YEs we are all in a being called Eternity. And I hope aliens are watching the dukes of hazard and walker texas ranger. Imagine that . Take us to the chuck norris.
or watching threes company for a chuckle

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: SolAquarius

originally posted by: entermemo
a reply to: SolAquarius

Remember the movie Explorers?

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

www.youtube.com...

God that's a blast from the past.

Wow I haven't thought about that movie in years.

What about this scene from contact?

I love that scene. The first things aliens send us is: "Dude, you're Nazis!, Wtf?"
Indeed and very few caught on that, it is a sherlock holmes type of sigularity

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

edit on 2-9-2017 by GusMcDangerthing because: Incorrect thread

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join