It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Distant galaxy sends out 15 high-energy radio bursts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
^^ in that pic that might be a different kind of graph similar to the top half of the gif below. so i need to keep seeking.

However, i found out a genious way to communicate to any life form.

You can draw pictures using a frequency/time graph.

Here is an example. The x's below are the bursts. There can only be 1 'x' in a vertical line.
.................x....x..x....x..........................................
.............x.....................x.....................................
.........x..........x........x..........x..................................
.......x..................x...............x................................
.....x...........x..............x.......x...........................
...x.................x...x...x........x.............................
......x..............................x................................
..........x.....................x......................................
..............x.....x..x.....x...........................................

See what I mean? If they stretch it out on a graph, it it'll show up.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
Has anybody considered the possibility that stars are intelligent life and this may be a way for them to communicate?

That made me smile

Although I feel there are E.t. already interacting here in the local vicinity, there may also be some E.t. out there unaware of EA*RTH or humanity entirely (could be the herd is hidden).
Those out distant may at times communicate with others out there distant between various Star, planet and moon islands within the Abyss of Creation. And sometimes EA*RTH technologies may detect them communicating. Which could very well be the cause for not sending signals that EA*RTH technologies could/would detect... Because they may not actually be communicating with humanity and may be communicating with some in this direction.
Or they are attempting to reach EA*RTH and expect humans to be able to decipher the communication.
Deeper some here could be altering the transmitted data? To keep humanity LOST.
Can be various dynamics.

Further postulating. Some of the alien or unknown terrestrial locals or visitors in the local vicinity may be able to decipher the data.

Interesting cosmic activities to think about none the less

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing. These are the discoveries that excite me, because even if it isn't aliens, it's something for us to figure out, to gain a better understanding of, and what is life worth if you can't continually strive for knowledge and new information?

Science and the Universe is so damn cool.

-Alee

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

originally posted by: entermemo
a reply to: SolAquarius

Remember the movie Explorers?

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

www.youtube.com...

God that's a blast from the past.

Wow I haven't thought about that movie in years.

What about this scene from contact?

I love that scene. The first things aliens send us is: "Dude, you're Nazis!, Wtf?"

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boscov
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Ooooh, I like that postulation! Stars are like nerve cells, firing data, and the whole Galaxy becomes aware...then the Universe becomes conscious and reacts...yes, that's good.

As above so below?

YEs we are all in a being called Eternity. And I hope aliens are watching the dukes of hazard and walker texas ranger. Imagine that . Take us to the chuck norris.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I'm like you, I keep up hope that there's something out there. I mean, how else do you explain a lot of the sightings we see in the sky. I've seen them myself when I was a kid out in the country while my mom and I were unloading horse feed, and she saw it, too. I was amazed, she was scared #less after it silently hovered over the tree line and shot out of there like a rocket at full speed. There is definitely something out there, and I hope to one day be able to use their technology to travel to different galaxies. Plus I'm an 80's kid, I grew up to this stuff.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Why does it have to be chemically based ?

What about Dusty Plasma Life-Forms;

Organic life on Earth is based on carbon compound molecules, and we have already discussed several biological alternatives to carbon. But in 2007, an international team led by V.N. Tsytovich of the General Physics Institute of the Russian Academy of Science documented that in the correct conditions, particles of inorganic dust can become organized into helical structures, which can then interact with each other in a manner very similar to organic chemistry. This behavior occurs in a state of plasma, the fourth state of matter beyond solid, liquid, and gas, where electrons are torn from atoms, leaving behind a mass of charged particles.

Or perhaps maybe Chromodynamic, Weak Nuclear Force And Gravitational Life.

Here's a small selection of other possibilities.

There was no dust after the big bang. Only after generations of stars dying would there be dust. Then there would be more generations of stars dying to get all of the heavy elements required to form an earth like planet. Those first generations of stars were also shorter lived than our sun, so any intelligent life would have had to develop rapidly around them compared to how long it took on earth.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: entermemo
a reply to: SolAquarius

Remember the movie Explorers?

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

www.youtube.com...

That's one of my favorites... I made my kids watch it the other day and they were mesmerized the whole time.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: makalit

What if these frequencies start traveling faster when they reach outer space? Do we have any examples of proof that they travel the same speed?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: makalit

originally posted by: Gothmog
My first thought reading the op ? - magnetars
Went to the article
Their first thought - magnetars
Makes sense
Keep on Searchin

this isn't the first frequency bursts recorded. i need you guys one of you to find other frequency bursts. are they all orderly- or all random. is this the only severely orderly one recorded?

I believe this is one of the only FRBs they have found that is repeating. Maybe one other one recently, and it didn't repeat 15 times. This is brand new territory for everyone.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

The signal has got to be more then 2 million years old. Since the nearest neighboring galaxy andromeda is 2 million light years away.

So if it's ET's they are either long dead or several million years more advanced then when they originally sent the signal.

EDIT: Make that Billions of Years Old

Regardless of FRB 121102's ultimate source, when the recently detected pulses left their host galaxy, our solar system was less than 2 billion years old, noted Steve Croft, a Breakthrough Listen astronomer at UC Berkeley. Life on Earth consisted only of single-celled organisms; it would be another billion years before even the simplest multi-cellular life began to evolve. Read more at: phys.org...

Frank Herbert's series of Books, Dune.. folded space to travel. If space can be folded you would sit still and engage a mechanism that brought another point in space to you.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
Has anybody considered the possibility that stars are intelligent life and this may be a way for them to communicate?

The sci fi series Andromeda with Kevin Sorbo .

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

I love that scene. The first things aliens send us is: "Dude, you're Nazis!, Wtf?"

When I saw it the first time I was like what the hell? I would be losing my marbles if I was someone working for seti and I received an alien signal that showed Hitler.

I would be like "Dear God help us Extraterrestrials are Trolling Us with Hitler. "
edit on 31-8-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: makalit
^^ in that pic that might be a different kind of graph similar to the top half of the gif below. so i need to keep seeking.

However, i found out a genious way to communicate to any life form.

You can draw pictures using a frequency/time graph.

Here is an example. The x's below are the bursts. There can only be 1 'x' in a vertical line.
.................x....x..x....x..........................................
.............x.....................x.....................................
.........x..........x........x..........x..................................
.......x..................x...............x................................
.....x...........x..............x.......x...........................
...x.................x...x...x........x.............................
......x..............................x................................
..........x.....................x......................................
..............x.....x..x.....x...........................................

See what I mean? If they stretch it out on a graph, it it'll show up.

The nice graphic at the top appears as a calibration curve would in a normal monitor setup step. Also steps up are used like a ladder. The bursts on the black and white chart are obvious blasts of energy, agreed.

edit on 31-8-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It was Two-Fer Tuesday and I just missed being the 106,000th caller to win free Aerosmith tickets.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Reviewing the timeline of the universe reveals ample opportunity for intergalactic communication, particularly when you consider the Cook example I provided earlier.

As you can clearly see the earliest galaxy, that we have observed so far, is 13.4 billion years old. In fact some formed just 600 million years after the Big Bang. Source Here.

edit on 31 8 2017 by myselfaswell because: whateva

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I keep up hope that there's something out there

I agree with the sentiment, however, I do not see it so much as hope.

Personally I consider it is a non zero probability., that being a 100% probability that there is life off this planet. The balance of the probability below that is the level of intelligence.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I've got to believe that by the time any communication leaves our solar system and reaches another living world it will not be recognized. It is a mind boggling distance and the deteriation of the signal will render it invisible. I doubt we have anything on Earth that can detect potential signals from other world's. I've been to greenbank wv and it is impressive, but still. I do believe there is alien life out there somewhere but with the distances involved I doubt we will ever meet them.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Somekindofwizard
I do believe there is alien life out there somewhere but with the distances involved I doubt we will ever meet them.

Yeah. Talking to or meeting aliens was a nice fantasy before we actually figured out how unfathomable the distances and times are. We better learn to get along with each other, cause we're all we've got.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: bananashooter

why don't they send data encoded in the FRB

That's what I'm suggesting.

Maybe they have and we just can't see it.
What's the FRB?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join