It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Homeland Security and immigration agents are ordering Houston residents to evacuate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

The people impersonating goverment agents are committing a litany of felonies though. The book already has plenty of years for them.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I think where we differ is harsher sentences are a deterrent, not just a punishment. The courts can iron out the wrinkles of what charge fits. If a person knows that taking advantage of a disaster to go on a crime spree will get them more time, it might just slow it down.

I personally can't imagine the mindset of a person who would do things like this at a time like this. We are not talking about people who deserve sympathy.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The problem with crime in America isn't the law or punishments being too lenient.

Capital murder carries death or life behind bars but people still commit it. Every day.

The problem is our culture and lack of morals. We let kids listen to rap, watch constant killing on tv, and we glorify crime lifestyles.

We don't teach kids morals in school, just rules that they then break because without a moral foundation, those rules seem meaningless.

We are terrified to teach kids religious values. It might put false ideas of God in the sky throwing lightning bolts down at immoral unrepentant people you know? It's a violation of their rights to have morals shoved down their throats right????

Wtf??? We are begging for crime to happen to us.

Teaching morals is the foundation of a stable society, and it's exactly what America is getting wrong right now.

And morality is not subjective. It is clear cut in terms of "did you violate someone else?".

The root of this rotten tree must be severed. Merely punishing it's fruit for coming out rotten is INSANE.

#WakeUp

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Read my post above this one.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

San Leon volunteer firefighter Jody Garcia told the Houston Chronicle that one person posing as a first responder pointed a shotgun at two residents who were trapped in their homes and told them to leave.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I don't think any first responders will be pointing guns at people to encourage evacuations, except perhaps of their bowels.

The guns don't come out until the door opens. Then they make it quite plain they are there to rob not evacuate. Scum!

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Illegal Mexican gangs?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tannerc
Illegal Mexican gangs?

Maybe some mostly just thugs. There was a twitter notice that hit my newsfeed about a group looting houses and laughing about it- including guns in the picture. I didn't report it when I saw it and now can't find it to do so. Any new ones I am sharing to LEO sites and have asked anyone else sharing them to tag LEO sites.

The sheriff and the police chief have strong words for these people. They will get the maximum sentence possible if the homeowner doesn't shoot them. Houston now has a midnight to 5am curfew because of the looters. If you are out you better have a very good reason and really good ID or you are going to jail.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I actually can't disagree that a lot of what we are seeing is rooted in how a person is raised and taught.

Religion does not necessarily enter into it. I am Christian, but a person need not be religious to have a good sense of morality.

We are all a product of our environment. How do you go about making people better parents though? We certainly don't want to go the route of giving that responsibility to the State, who's morals are if anything worse. To have freedom, we must have the crime. That's seems obvious to me. The only real option to control it is harsh punishment and the rule of law in a free society.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This is the work of an organized crime ring. They have embroidered, official looking polos and slacks. They are clean cut. They have a convincing spiel of prepared talking points.

I hope they're caught and rot in prison.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join