It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Harvey Survivor Awkward Interview with a CNN Reporter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
WARNING: Language.

Ooops.

I feel so badly for that woman. Of course, I'd be lying if I didn't also say I enjoyed the egg on CNN's face.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
At this point it's MSM milking ratings out of the suffering.
If these news people wanted to help. put down the mics and cameras, pick up some blankets, or some food and hand them out.

Or if they posses a working vehicle, go out and rescue people.

Doing interviews to push ratings, isn't helping anyone.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

I haven't watch national coverage, but the local media has been fantastic. The remote reporters for KHOU are amazing...I've seen them help, coordinate, truly inform, cry, etc.

Sounds like a big difference.

edit on 29-8-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If civilization actually collapses, 90%+ of the people will die within a month.

They will cry n cuss n moan till that last week.
Then they'll realize how they had it all wrong.

Just hope it never comes to that.

Think about this - how many people have canned food stored to last them 30 days?
I'm sure you may know a few people who do.
But I'm sure you know hundreds that don't have more than 3 to 5 days food tops.

This is a very important issue.
You need to be prepared if you expect to fare well during moments of crisis which can happen anywhere anytime. Houston is a huge city with modern technology and it is on the cutting edge of human civilization.

But listen to that woman.

Now...
Learn survivalist techniques and prepare for the worst.
Do you want to be her? Or do you want to weather the storm without having to cry and cuss at everyone?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
She's (interviewee) absolutely right. Imagine the frustration you'd feel when it clicks in your mind "the media is just here promoting themselves off of my tradegy."

I think that's why she went from fairly composed, to yelling and cursing. She read between the lines, and in that moment saw the truth for what it is.

I hope her and her's can sleep a bit more soundly tonight knowing they have food and relative safety.... i Can't possibly begin to imagine what they're going through.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
She's (interviewee) absolutely right. Imagine the frustration you'd feel when it clicks in your mind "the media is just here promoting themselves off of my tradegy."

I think that's why she went from fairly composed, to yelling and cursing. She read between the lines, and in that moment saw the truth for what it is.

I hope her and her's can sleep a bit more soundly tonight knowing they have food and relative safety.... i Can't possibly begin to imagine what they're going through.

You need to imagine it and prepare.

Having a box of canned food in the garage or where ever around the house is a very cheap and effective method of being prepared for that "we didn't have food for days" issue. Most canned goods are less than a dollar still!

You can even get those propane stoves for like 50$ and be able to cook without having electricity!

With 250$ you could survive a very long time without any help from civilization.

I highly recommend you imagining what it's like to have nothing when civilization grinds to a halt.

This woman, whether she deserved it or not, got to find out the exact consequences of being unprepared. Thankfully for her, there are still solutions and she will be OK.

But we aren't always so lucky.
The people of Houston are Blessed that we still have ways to get around making this critical mistakes of failing to prepare.

The ants are saving the grasshoppers here in the USA.
And there's a reason we read that fable to children, to tell them, they better prepare - one day the ant will refuse to share.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It was one of those

OUCH !!

moments !!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I am myself prepared for most circumstances. Food, protection, ammo, emergency gear etc... Ready and within reach at a moments notice.

But you and I thinking ahead doesn't change how i feel for those that did not have a plan. You can bet they will from here on out, however. There will always be those who are unprepared. They are people, and it breaks my heart that they are going through this.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

Because that never happens. Are you new to media?

Get real.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

I am myself prepared for most circumstances. Food, protection, ammo, emergency gear etc... Ready and within reach at a moments notice.

But you and I thinking ahead doesn't change how i feel for those that did not have a plan. You can bet they will from here on out, however. There will always be those who are unprepared. They are people, and it breaks my heart that they are going through this.

The ant and grasshopper tale was rewritten many times, perhaps hundreds.

In one version, after the ant refused to help the grasshopper, tragedy struck the ant and it's stores of food got destroyed. So the ant went to the bee and asked it for help.

The bee repeated to the ant what the ant said to the grasshopper, but then revealed that the grasshopper was already inside and that the ant too, was invited in. The bee pointed out that everyone who suffers deserves charity.

So if that day ever comes, remember the bee.
edit on 8/29/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I saw this comment on Youtube today, it fits right in:

Planes flying into buildings = Ratings
Country's being invaded = Ratings
JFK being shot in the head = Ratings
Buildings mysteriously collapse = Ratings
Creating racial tension = Ratings

Hurricane victims = Ratings

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Remember the bee, most definitely.

If and when you can help one in need, do so without hesitation. You never know when the situation may arise that YOU are the one knocking on doors for help.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Large cities are death traps during any kind of disaster, and our society has pushed such a dependence on the system that people literally run out of food in a day or two. If there were a national disaster, not just regional, I agree with the above poster that a very large number of people would die in the first month. Probably millions. Hopefully it won't ever come to that.

I know a few people that had to evacuate - thankfully they are safe. Best wishes to everyone that is trying to survive this. It's a real mess and I feel for all those suffering.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
If these news people wanted to help. put down the mics and cameras, pick up some blankets, or some food and hand them out.

Or if they posses a working vehicle, go out and rescue people.

Doing interviews to push ratings, isn't helping anyone.

Well, I think they did in some cases, and while doing their job, come to think of it, one may have been a CNN reporter or affiliate...a big guy.
I think the lady didn't understand that a reporter needs ask things that may seem obvious, but they need to do that for any audience that is not up to date with a story, especially CNN having an international audience.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Reporter probably got a bonus for drawing out that drama for desperate CNN.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
WARNING: Language.

Ooops.

I feel so badly for that woman. Of course, I'd be lying if I didn't also say I enjoyed the egg on CNN's face.

Thank God for the phone to tell her to get out. Thank God she and her kid/s got out without serious injury. Thank God for the news that lets people know bad things are happening in other states. Thank God there is shelter and food in front of her now. Thank you Jesus for letting her swear in front of millions of people and not be charged with using obscene language as thousands of other Americans have been charged with this crime. Thank you God this woman lives in the U.S.A in the year 2017 and not the year 1918.

Thank you God she is alive.

Thank you God she is now safe.

We will say it for her, what she could not. As many have before her and are currently doing being interviewed, surviving tragedies, saying, "Thank you God, Thank God I'm alive, as long as we have each other. Oh my God, thank you."

Hallelujah Jesus!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I don't know. Saying in front of the mother's children that "other mothers were trying to save their children from rushing waters, can you tell us how that was [...for you]?" was not the best question that could have been asked at that moment.

I think that is why the woman snapped.

edit on 29-8-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
News is a business just like any other programming. Dependent on advertisers to stay on the air.

A lot of those "news" people aren't employed by a newwork they are stringers. Independants with a cameraman, selling their footage to who they contract out to.

I'm an indy stringer for various news services like UPN and Fox. Some stringers are green and don't know professional protocol or perhaps inexperienced interns working for the local channel.
edit on 29-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I agree but you can't prepare for every unknown.

I live in an area that is prone to flooding, so we have food stores, a bug out bag, and other survival essentials. But when that tornado touched down and turned my neighbors house to toothpicks, all of his survival gear became a good plan gone with the wind.

This is Texas. Some of these people were prepared, they just were not prepared for total destruction.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

KHOU had them from all over Texas...and I have to say they were excellent.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join