It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Harvey Survivor Awkward Interview with a CNN Reporter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
WARNING: Language.

Ooops.

I feel so badly for that woman. Of course, I'd be lying if I didn't also say I enjoyed the egg on CNN's face.

Dammn. She just rightfully went off on the media pimping them for ratings. Way to go CNN, though it just as easily could have been Fox or anyone else. Media cares more about the story than the people.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Umm, her timeline doesn't jive, She was there for 5 days with no food? It hasn't been 5 days, and secondly did she not agree to be interviewed only to flip out and curse the lady out and say don't interview me?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Seriously, have you ever been in a crisis?

It probably seemed like weeks to her and her
children. This wan't an interrogation...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

She still agreed to an interview then freaks out about being interviewed

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

She was having a bad day, cut her a break.

The reporter was in poor form, and fake concern
probably set the mom off.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

She may not have had food even before the storm. Hunger is a daily experience for many Americans.

Are you really bashing this poor woman?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I am simply saying don't agree to do an interview then freak out that you are being interviewed, seems like common sense to me .

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

You are correct, she would have had to agree to the interview. I think she wasn't quite in her right mind at that moment though. Extreme stress and exhaustion can make you lose it on a hair trigger. I think maybe after the third question, she got fed up. These interviewers need to keep it really short if they see the people are stressed and tired. One question per person is probably enough.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Or maybe she agreed out of politeness...but then the reporter is touching her...positioning her...and then asking a dumb question in front of her young children about other children potentially drowning.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Yes. We forget that hunger and poverty often go hand in hand but may not be the whole story.

Though they often go hand in hand, poverty is just one of several issues tied to hunger. Unemployment, household assets and even demographics can also make it difficult to access the nutritious food people need to thrive.

Hunger and Poverty Facts

We also forget that though many are not hungry, circumstances can still leave one nutritionally challenged.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: Black_Fox
At this point it's MSM milking ratings out of the suffering.

Because that never happens. Are you new to media?

Get real.

Am real.

So was that apparently.

Does it mean it's right?

Nope.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hum? I don't think the woman did give her consent to be interviewed. I say this based on her bodily reactions before she was being questioned, and the fact that it appears that this interview is taking place next to the registration table. I'm wondering if CNN isn't trying to take advantage of these people in need? It wouldn't be the first time CNN did that sort of thing. I remember a story from the front lines in Iraq where a CNN reporter was trying to get a story out and was talking to people casually, then going on the air with the interview. Who cares right, the Media Corps need to get "their" story out there. Bunch of crap headed people doing reports these days. I remember a few years ago when reporters reported the story, and helped out if needed. Now every "reporter" wants to be the star of the story.

I guess we won't really know what happened here unless/until the Woman in question comes forward and tells her side of things. Did she agree to be interviewed, did she get ambushed interviewed, or was this a setup gone wrong.

***SMART-BUTT COMMENT THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID***

Where's those antifa people now, when this woman is clearly exercising her 1st Amendment rights? Where's BLM trying to help out the blacks that are being oppressed by the floods? Maybe those fake (insert T&C violation words here) groups need to do something to help out others, rather than just act stupidly in safe places.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteWingedMonolith

originally posted by: loam
WARNING: Language.

Ooops.

I feel so badly for that woman. Of course, I'd be lying if I didn't also say I enjoyed the egg on CNN's face.

Thank God for the phone to tell her to get out. Thank God she and her kid/s got out without serious injury. Thank God for the news that lets people know bad things are happening in other states. Thank God there is shelter and food in front of her now. Thank you Jesus for letting her swear in front of millions of people and not be charged with using obscene language as thousands of other Americans have been charged with this crime. Thank you God this woman lives in the U.S.A in the year 2017 and not the year 1918.

Thank you God she is alive.

Thank you God she is now safe.

We will say it for her, what she could not. As many have before her and are currently doing being interviewed, surviving tragedies, saying, "Thank you God, Thank God I'm alive, as long as we have each other. Oh my God, thank you."

Hallelujah Jesus!

So if god saved them all he had to cause the flood in the 1st place right? And if he saved them did he choose not to save the people that died?

edit on 29-8-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I have 4-6 mths of dry beans, rice and peanut butter stored in easy to carry containers.
I add to it every mth I do my main grocery shopping.
I don't know anyone else that is storing food at all.

Maybe I'll live my entire life without ever having to use it. It isn't just the thought of natural disasters or collapsing societies that make me do this.

I was homeless for 6 years and although i am in a very good place financially now, you never know what the future might bring.
Since I have had the time to do so I have stored food and learned how to survive in the forest with minimal supplies.
Just in case.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
She's (interviewee) absolutely right. Imagine the frustration you'd feel when it clicks in your mind "the media is just here promoting themselves off of my tradegy."

I think that's why she went from fairly composed, to yelling and cursing. She read between the lines, and in that moment saw the truth for what it is.

I think that (in that moment) she realized 36 hours doesn't add up to 5 days, then she deflected.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Sounds to me like a frustrated, tired person with no hope is taking her anger out on whomever she can.
CNN interviewed a ton of people and most of them were grateful to get a chance to speak to the nation.

I don't blame her for it humans will direct their anger at whatever they can it's only natural.
We need the media (it doesn't have to be CNN) to help us hear from people through interviews, otherwise we will never know.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
That mother deserve the Pulitzer Prize the reporter thought she was gonna get.

Yeah, she agreed to the interview. I think it was the way the reporter was going about the questioning that set her off. She was rambling and stumbling, trying to figure out the best wording to pull as much grief as she could out of the woman. I was getting pissed off just listening to her from my warm, dry living room.

And as much as I despise CNN, to be fair it's not just them. All the networks do this. There's a line between trying to report, trying to convey the plight of the victims, and just being vultures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join