It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Chats Show Unite the Right Attendees Were Planning for Violence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

In private chat channels, they shared advice on weaponry and tactics, including repeatedly broaching the idea of driving vehicles through opposition crowds. After the vehicular attack which killed counterprotestor Heather Heyer, users of the channel celebrated the event.

While much of the discussion centered on flags, chants, and other forms of speech, the leaked exchanges also included advice on weapon construction. “You want something designed for longitudinal stress,” wrote one poster. “[Three] whacks and that thing is breaking.” Other topics included body armor and shield design.

that is certainly damning... and not at all surprising to me, as someone who has seen this side of the internet. like i said before, these guys came to bust heads, not 'defend history'.

Leaked Chats Show Charlottesville Marchers Were Planning for Violence
edit on 28-8-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

You mean we're supposed to be surprised pieces of s### people did bad things?

No one is surprised.

Some jackasses came together to riot with each other and they did.

Let's stop giving it so much attention, this article is a week old.
edit on 28-8-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

No one is surprised.

Some jackasses came together to riot with each other to riot and they did.

going by the dateline it's 2 days old... and it still seems topical to me considering how many people, like yourself, want to make it a 'both sides' kind of deal.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
somone said something bad on the internet and there is no way it could be a fake account?

with the paid "resist" movement in play, how can you trust anything posted?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Antifa do the same, and will even admit it to reporters from behind the relative security of their face masks and black garb.

There is blame enough on both sides.
edit on 28-8-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

What do you think is more likely. That Nazis act like a bunch of # heels and came to throw down or that the left is making stuff up to make Nazis look bad?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I feel like there was a thread on this not too long ago....

Not surprising though.... A small collective of idiots being idiots... Not the first time, and probably won't be the last.

Too bad we can't just orchestrate a giant-scale protest in DC.... Have every White Supremacist, BLM, Antifa, etc. member come to the party. They can all storm the streets, tear down government buildings and then finish each other off with weapons "specifically designed for longitudinal stress", spray paint and urine bombs.

Now THAT would be a protest I would get behind

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

It's in their history it's nothing new.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

What do you think is more likely. That Nazis act like a bunch of # heels and came to throw down or that the left is making stuff up to make Nazis look bad?

If you believe Antifa is a non -violent movement, I challenge you to spend some time browsing their forms or chat rooms.

Yeah, bombing a Starbucks REALLY helps your movement.

And before you jump on me for this, I'm very well aware the right is equally capable of violence as witnessed by the driver running people down and the shooter.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

I read that post several times and I don't see an answer to the question I posed in the text you quoted. It's like you are deflecting with a strawman/argument that I never brought up or something.
edit on 28-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If you believe in Nazis, you got bigger issues bud.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr
Antifa do the same, and will even admit it to reporters from behind the relative security of their face masks and black garb.

There is blame enough on both sides.

I've just to see any, any evidence of an Anti-Fascist, driving into a crowd. Or evidence that they discuss anything other then direct confrontation.

Personally, I think the Anarchist and other Anti-Protests are inflaming the situation and drawing attention to the violence not the issues thereby escalating the demonstrations into useless brawls.

These are not tactics that will bring any benefit to any group.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

No one is surprised.

Some jackasses came together to riot with each other to riot and they did.

going by the dateline it's 2 days old... and it still seems topical to me considering how many people, like yourself, want to make it a 'both sides' kind of deal.

No, my point is that these types of groups have always existed. They did horrendous things this time and people are being punished.

I read this on the intercept a week ago, but people are giving these extremist groups way to much of a platform.

You think the FBI isn't keeping tabs on these loonies? Charlottesville crapped the bed and let a riot happen. It's over.

Everyone knows these people are scum, let's move on and stop pouring gas on the fires. Everyone wants to make this political and it's not. It's extremist jackasses being extremist jackasses and has nothing to do with us.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Well. That was an unexpected response. So you have decided to shove your head in the sand and pretend like Nazi's don't exist anymore.
Mike Gowin: Man who devised internet Hitler law says, "Call These Charlottesville S***heads Nazis'

'By all means, compare these s***heads to the Nazis. Again and again. I'm with you.'

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

eggfnzactly

ask who "gains" from a giant screenplay of chaos.

not me

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
ANTIFA is not the Left and the Supremacists are not the Right. The conversation needs to move beyond the idea that either side is representative of the whole. These are both small groups who only represent themselves.

This morning as I was getting ready for work I hear on the news in the background about ANTIFA verbally assaulting the media and manhandling them because they don't want to filmed or recorded. That speaks to what they truly are.

People thinking clearly or without some poorly thought out political agenda know what's really going on and who the bad players are on both sides. It's not rocket science.

People protest peacefully fine, they act up and defy the police or vandalize, charge them with the crimes they commit. Politicians who are in on this free for all, stop voting them into office. The police in all places need to start enforcing the law fully and it will end.

I think both sides have worn out their welcome and people are sick of them and their crap. Offline unless a person is hanging out with them, it's hard to find anyone not disgusted with the whole thing and it being hyped.

Who cares what bad actors from either side talk about. They have no credibility.
edit on 8/28/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Well. That was an unexpected response. So you have decided to shove your head in the sand and pretend like Nazi's don't exist anymore.

Notice the government gets to constantly fail the people. The accountability of individuals is gone. Everyone is so spun up in the two party fight both of them suck.

Did you miss the last election? Both candidates were trash and everyone knew it and was content in settling so long as their side "won".

We keep arguing over stupid sensationalized "media stories" that we keep forgetting the arguments of get money out of politics.

Well, that money isn't leaving politics whit everyone arguing. This is a conspiracy site, we're all aware the gains to be had and the lengths those in power will go to not have them questioned.

Funny part is, they don't have to try. The "media" is cashing in on the country falling apart and keeping the blame game going so people will tune in.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The only failure I see is people letting hyperbole and paranoia rule their lives en masse. Also I would like to see "compromise" to stop being such a dirty word in politics. That mentality is what is fueling this era of extremism we are seeing.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Gee I wonder why that video doesn't show that within 15-30 seconds after the vehicle stopped.

A snip load of people ran up to it and started hitting with objects.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker
I would like to see "compromise" to stop being such a dirty word in politics..

Amen to that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join