It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Councils bid to ban Australia Day

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It would make a damned sight more sense, to pick a different day of the year, and celebrate Australia as it is today, without referring necessarily to the awful events which took place after the arrival of British ships on its shoreline.

Awful events happened before and after this date.

No date would be acceptable really.

I'll happily change the date if they stop getting welfare payments, free housing, interest free loans, free health care and free dental.

That's fair isn't it?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Kalixi

last year's winner was a Sudanese refugee who is now a refugee lawyer

Um no it wasn't.

Last year's winner was Lieutenant General David Morrison.

This year's was Alan Mackay-Sim.

I don't see any Sudanese refugees on the Australian of the year list..

en.m.wikipedia.org...

lol wikipedia

From the offish website:

National Finalist Australian of the Year 2017
Deng Adut - Child soldier turned successful Lawyer

At the age of six, Deng Adut was snatched from his mother and forced to fight in the war that eventually split his homeland of Sudan. Trained to use an AK-47 and expected to either kill or be killed, Deng was eventually smuggled out of Sudan into Kenya before making it to Australia in 1998. Deng’s life journey has taken him from an illiterate child soldier to a criminal lawyer making a difference in Western Sydney. His remarkable story has spread around the world, and has inspired millions of people, thanks to a viral video made by his alma mater, Western Sydney University. Now studying for a second Master’s degree, Deng co-founded AC Law Group and fights for members of the Sudanese community from his home in Blacktown. While his life is now a long way from the privations of his childhood, Deng inspires others with his story of triumph over tragedy, and of the contributions that refugees can make to Australia’s rich community.

Australian of the Year Awards - Honour Roll

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi

But historically Australia was visited and the northern parts colonized by Spanish, Portuguese and Japs well before the First Fleet. There are a band of archaeologists that claim to have found and transcribed ancient hieroglyphics and a pyramid near Gympie

Colonised?

Uhh that's news to me about Spanish, Portuguese and Japanese...

The Gympie pyramid is a hoax.

There may have been some Dutch people who "settled" when their ship got wrecked.

The Makassan people have been visiting and trading with indigenous Australians long before Europeans found the place.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

He was a finalist.

He didn't win Iike you said.

Get your facts right please.

edit on 24/8/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Hope you get better.
edit on 2420170820171 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Is it?

Those things are a consolation prize and little else. If you also consider that as recently as the fifties, the British government tested nuclear weapons on sites considered sacred to the indigenous population, before allowing people back onto the test site, despite the risk (which came to bare its awful fruit in time) of radiation exposure, I would have thought giving those who remain some medical cover, welfare, free housing and interest free loans, is the absolute least they could have done?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

A small percentage would have been affected by the nuclear tests, each different tribe has different sacred sites.. I don't see how nuclear tests in central Australia affects any of the tribes that live on the coast...

Anyway, throwing money at them is what's created this mess in the first place.

It's called "sit down money" as there is no inclination or motivation to do anything.

There is rampant child sexual abuse, domestic abuse and substance abuse.

Nowhere else on Australia are there dry communities, where alcohol is banned and where a special blend of fuel had to be developed to stop them from sniffing.

Now we're pandering because it's "invasion day"? Please.

I hold no ill will towards the Japanese or Germans for what happened 70 years ago.
Do you hold grudges against the Normans, Romans, Saxons or Vikings...to name a few... for invading England?

I don't see why I should feel any guilt for something I had no part in.

And the do gooders crying their crocodile tears over one boy who got killed in Kalgoorlie, that sparked national protests, totally ignore and write off the footage of an aboriginal man beating the crap out of a child as propaganda, they ignore the dozen child suicides, one girl was only 10 ffs... and do you know what her parents did with the money given out to help with funeral costs?

They gambled it away.

They ignore those things because it doesn't fit their PC blame whitey agenda.

# them.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Actually, the only grudge I hold is against the concept of fascism, and anyone who advocates for it, or fails to stand against it. Other than that, I am easy. I learned the lessons of history after all.

Another lesson of history, well worth learning, is that blaming people for being broken when the system around them was designed from the get go, to break them, is immoral. Another lesson besides that, is that regardless of what is done to aid a group in dealing with generational abuse, from both within and without their group, the things which have happened in the past have unavoidable consequences on the future, which means that it is necessary that policy reflects this, regardless of how idiotic the behaviour of individuals affected by those consequences may appear in any given year.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Always a couple people in class that spoil it for everyone...

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
These politically correct dumbasses are unwittingly doing exactly what the globalists want. Removing any sense of nationhood and pride one chip at a time. F..King idiots.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Freo council has been overrun by tards - still, Bathers Beach is an awesome skyworks event on the 26th, especially since Kodogo Arthouse was granted a liquor licence for the event (all summer actually) so irrespective of what the council deems, I will always celebrate the 26th as Australia day.

Government can get #ed, it's about heritage and traditions - not OCD 'lets change sh!t' to suit tards.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Ah, yes......the joys of the PC leftists who worship the god of diversity and open brders in the practice of the religion of multi-culturalism. Ruining one former nation-state after another. And the sad thing seems they are taking over everything, everywhere. What a sick, cruel joke this world has become.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
OK ... lets celebrate the the Aboriginal advances made in this current rendition of Australia.

Land rights ... mostly squandered

Aboriginal communities subsidised by the Government ... all tax payers are forced to foot the bill for.

Special dispensations offered to Indiginous folk. ( again paid for by the tax payer )

Ignore the destructive bent that Indiginous folk seem hell bent on. Ie. burning Government provided ( see tax payer funded )

Wash rinse repeat.

As a born here Australian ( 4th gen from viking heritage ... yep the problems are in Sweden too )

I feel that it was not my ancestry that caused the problem. I have no reason to say sorry.

I have reason to feel sorry that the so called custodians of my homeland are busy going for the money grab for something that they think they are entitled to.

I should ... by logic screw the swedish Govt. for my lost Nordic Warrior way of life !

But wait ... the Muslims are making a stand there ...

See where I am going with this ?

Claims of unfairness ... are our history, regardless of roots.

We as a current humanity need to draw
a line .. and come together as humanity .

We are all living on this orb / flat Earth existence.

I hope that reason and logic prevail !

Go the Greys ! lol !

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

More people died under communism than fascism.
Do you live in Australia? Come and live in the poor areas like I have growing up, with large aboriginal populations. The kids get paid to go to school, and the teachers let them get away with everything. They have lower standards to get into uni, they get free welfare payments, they get free housing, and many other handouts from the government, all because they hadn't invented the bow and arrow before europeans invented ships and guns. And still, they blow it all on alcohol, petrol and meth. Yeah, there's a FEW exceptions, like in everything, but they're the minority.
I wouldn't call them a broken people, they just aren't suited to western civilization.
You think i'm wrong, hey you should come walk around this neighbourhood and meet them, they'd call you a white **** and mob you, and steal your wallet.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CromCruachh

Communism killed more people... over a far greater amount of time too.

But lets not make this about communism, since opposition to fascism does not make one a communist. It just makes one a decent human being.

Also, your geographical proximity to the individuals you are referring to, is not a better measure of affairs as they stand than mine, just because you stand next to them. If I am stood at the foot of the Great Wall of China, I can only comment about the stone I can see. I know nothing of the greater shape of the edifice before me, only the minute detail pertaining to the section I can see in front of my face at any one time.

You saw what you saw, from your childhood, up close. At no point and in no way does that qualify your opinion of the big picture as valid. All it means it that in the neighborhood you were in, the individuals with whom you had experience were not good ones. Thats a fair cop, but to say anything of the rest of the majority of aboriginal peoples (the majority of whom you have never met, and so cannot comment on), is pure generalisation and assumption, nothing more.

If I made the same generalisations based on my childhood, I would have to conclude that the majority of White British individuals are knuckle dragging, intellectually stunted, violent, drug addicted, and carry knives around with them from the age of eleven upward, to make mugging grannies easier.

However, I am aware that the mob I went to school with are not representative of the entire country, nor indeed the entire town I have lived in all my life, that there were other people, better sorts of people, wandering around from just that very same origin point, but who had not turned into gutter minded savages, who at the age of thirteen, preferred rutting in the bushes at lunchtime, to actually learning something about the universe.

So my question is, whats your point?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
What is wrong with having a celebration about your nation? I suppose they will be saying we should stop having the fourth of July celebrations here.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

you... drink your pint. just get out of others countries will you. ffs

long winded hyperbole every time, worse each time, pathetic.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Is it?

Those things are a consolation prize and little else. If you also consider that as recently as the fifties, the British government tested nuclear weapons on sites considered sacred to the indigenous population, before allowing people back onto the test site, despite the risk (which came to bare its awful fruit in time) of radiation exposure, I would have thought giving those who remain some medical cover, welfare, free housing and interest free loans, is the absolute least they could have done?

I know quite a few white people who had to pay thousands a month to indigenous groups just to set up navigation for offshore ships to work in those same sites. no 3 arms anywhere. you know only what you want to know

typical.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Also, your geographical proximity to the individuals you are referring to, is not a better measure of affairs as they stand than mine, just because you stand next to them.

thus confirming you have no idea about skin type nor tribes here.

good one.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

last year's winner was a Sudanese refugee who is now a refugee lawyer

Um no it wasn't.

Last year's winner was Lieutenant General David Morrison.

This year's was Alan Mackay-Sim.

I don't see any Sudanese refugees on the Australian of the year list..

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Funny about that ...

Nekk minute ... they're calling us pommies mate .. !!??

Fair suck of the sav !!
edit on 24-8-2017 by Timely because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join